Get two new free healthy recipes each week. Sign Up

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Balls

You know you want one.

Or two.

Or four hundred and fifty four.

peanut butter cookie dough balls

Maybe not four hundred and fifty four.

Then you’d get a stomachache, and that’s no fun. 😕

On the other hand, the stomachache might be worth it. For chocolate and peanut butter?

peanut butter cookie dough ball

So worth it.

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Balls

(can be gluten-free)

Category: Healthy “No-Bake” Recipes.

• 1/2 cup rolled oats (or oat bran or quick oats) (Maybe even flaxmeal or protein powder!) (40g)
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter, or Sunbutter to be allergy-friendly) (115g)
  • stevia drops to taste, or 2 tbsp plus 2 tsp pure maple syrup, or another sweetener of choice (If using a dry sweetener, you might have to add a little water or oil to make a dough. If using a liquid sweetener—such as maple syrup or agave—don’t add any extra liquid.)
  • scant 1/8 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp flour or oat bran, or perhaps protein powder (I used spelt flour, but many others—such as oat or almond or all-purpose flour—will be fine. Not sure about coconut flour.) (15g)
  • chocolate chips!!

Combine all ingredients in a cereal bowl, and mix until well-incorporated. (If you store your nut butter in the fridge, you might want to melt it a little so it stirs more easily.) Roll into balls, and try not to eat them all at once. Luckily, this recipe doesn’t make four hundred and fifty four.

View Nutrition Info

peanut butter cookie ball

peanut butter cookie balls

Question of the Day:

Do you ever continue to eat even after you’re full, knowing you’ll regret it later?

Right off the bat, Thanksgiving and Christmas (especially Christmas cookies!) come to mind. But foods like roast cauliflower and brussels sprouts are also pretty easy for me to overeat and get a stomachache. Or too many raw walnuts or too much coconut butter… and yes, in the case of eating too much coconut butter, I think the stomachache is always worth it!

Link of the Day:

Get Free Recipes

Don’t Miss Out On The NEW Free Healthy Recipes

Chocolate Covered Katie The Healthy Dessert Blog Recipes

Popular Right Now

Reader Interactions

161 Comments

Leave a comment or reviewLeave a rating
  1. Sara says

I think “regretful eating” is wrong.
    I mean, it’s awful to feel guilty after eating food or when you eat more than you think you should…that is not healthy, especially with all of the hype to be skinny (but not too skinny) in this society.
    Why can’t we just accept ourselves, eating habits and all?

2. Dawn says

I could TOTALLY eat this whole batch. I think i have made something eerily similar and done that. *looks sheepish* I have to make this kind of stuff in front of my kids, so that we ALL eat it. Maybe we will do that tomorrow, as a celebration of the second day of school. and count it as breakfast too. 😉

3. Sara says

Hey Katie!
    Thanks for the clarification on my comment. I figured that’s not what you meant, but so often we hear of people associating over-eating with regret and feelings of guilt. For what it’s worth, I have definitely eaten to the point of physical discomfort! At first I’ll eat a load of food and not feel it, and then BAM – it’ll hit me. That’s the worst part, haha.

4. Cierra says

I notice that if I’ve been eating too much sugar/stevia/sweet fruits, I am more likely to over eat. But once I realize that too many sweets is the culprit, I can keep it in check by eating less fruit and more vegetables.
    By the way, Katie, you’ve inspired me to start eating much healthier lately! I haven’t gone full vegan yet (or even full-on vegetarian,) but 1-2x a week I’ll go meatless, and then once a week I’ll try to have all vegan meals for a day! I’m slowly working my way up to a healthier, balanced diet.

5. Peach says

Yay, I just bought two jars of peanut butter! I’m so excited now!! Peanut butter and dessert are the two joys in my life.

6. Ilana says

last week I was in a yoga teacher training and one of my classmate and I started sharing vegan dessert tips…suddenly she was telling me about this chick pea chocolate chip cookie dough dip thing she does and i got really excited and said, “You read Katie!” and she was like, “OMG!! YES!!” then we geeked out over you.
    thought you should know.
    xo!!

7. Anonymous says

those look delicious! and i definatley over-eat while baking and i have a pretty small appetite so its really easy for me to over-eat. when im baking a just EAT and EAT and EAT the batter and chocolate chips☺ and then im never hungry for whaterecer i baked

8. Laura says

I overeat almost every day…my “full” signal in my brain doesn’t usually go off til an hour after I eat, so I can’t tell how full I’m getting during the meal. I also knowingly overeat if it’s something I really like, too…. aka anything dessert-related

9. Jaclyn says

Tried these tonight as a family treat. They were a hit!!! I made them once with PB and followed the recipe. Used chocolate protein powder instead of flour. Then I made them with almond butter and substituted the oats for coconut flakes and a bit of flax meal. They were great too. They will be going in the kids lunches tomorrow for a boost of protein to help get them through their school day!

10. Alyssa says

I made these with crushed pretzels instead of oats because I was craving some of those peanut butter-pretzel chocolate truffles that have been floating around pinterest lately. Satisfied the craving without the guilt. These are so delicious!

11. Cindy says

Okay, these are wonderful. I made balls for the rest of the family, and then I ate the rest out of the bowl with a spoon.

12. Laura says

Made these today, pretty good. I think next time I will melt the chocolate and roll them in it and freeze, because I just couldn’t taste it enough! The peanut butter overpowers the chocolate, but still good recipe if you’re in the pb mood. 🙂

13. Ms. Chanandler Bong :) says

Oh, I was just thinking about overeating! I literally ate the entire recipe for your Healthy Sugar Cookies. They were delicious, but I did feel pretty terrible after it :/

14. Becky says

I just finished making these. I swapped the flour for white rice flour to make them gluten free and rolled them in unsweetened coconut flakes. I’ve made several of your recipes but I think this is now my favorite. So good!

Do I overeat? Occasionally, including right now! It’s hard work being quality control for the kids’ home made goodies but a mom’s gotta do what a mom’s gotta do. Luckily they’re intended for lunch treats tomorrow so I can’t polish off the whole batch!

15. Autumn says

These are sooo good!! And so easy to make 🙂 I made these into tiny balls and put them in my chocolate oatmeal (..which I ate for dinner..) Sometimes comfort food is necessary after a long Monday!

16. Emma says

My daughter and I made these last night, to eat over your 4 ingredient ice cream (one of our favorites). She loved that she got to help out, and you would appreciate that I caught her eating a few chocolate chips before they made it into the balls ;).

We made 18 little balls from the recipe, using almond butter and oat bran, and afterwards I wish you could have seen the smile she had when she tasted them and declared them “sooooo yummies!”

17. Suz says

hey, love your blog! you’ve probably already noticed this, but you’re on the ballot for the VegNews 2012 Veggie Awards under “favorite blog”..everyone should click the link and vote for CCK 🙂 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Chocolate-Covered Katie says

Aw thanks, Suz!
      I was going to mention it in a post, and I still might… but after already talking about the magazine feature the other day, I feel embarrassed to talk about myself yet again. Winning would be a dream… even just the fact that they actually listed me on there made me so happy!

18. Sami says

I’m so making these late! & I overeat occasionally, usually when it comes to vegetables like you…have you ever had roasted asparagus? Irresistible. <3

19. Amy says

Hi Katie! I just made these and they are wonderful! I have a peanut allergy so I used Barney Butter (the best almond butter ever!!!) One question…..assuming I don’t eat them all now, how do I store them, room temp or the fridge? Thanks! 🙂

20. Sugar Free Lola says

Oh I overeat every cookie I meet, especially christmas cookies though! It’s a bit of a problem, this cookie obsession!

21. Alicia says

I made these PB balls with chopped up candy bars and peanut butter cups….how devilish is THAT? Haha, thanks for the yummy recipe, Katie!