Get two new free healthy recipes each week. Sign Up

These are NOT cake pops…

Cake pops are so yesterday. What’s today?

Cookie Ball Pops!

People keep telling me I need to make those trendy cake pops. But as fun as it is to follow a trend, you know what’s even more fun? Starting your own trend! And so today… Let’s start a new trend. I’m predicting it’s going to be huge.

After all, it’s cookie dough.

cookie dough pop

Joking aside, these things are awesome-delicious, super-fun, and mega-adorable. You should all run out right now to make them!

What are you still doing here?

Really, go!

Oh right, you need a recipe first.

cballs2

Cookie Ball Pops

(Can be gluten-free!)

• 1/3 c + 1/4 c flour (I adore these with oat flour! You can use white, or even spelt flour.)
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda (not baking powder)
  • up to 1/3 c chocolate chips
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar (do not omit or sub with white) (20g)
  • 1 tbsp plus 2 tsp white sugar (I omit, but I have no sweet tooth) (21g)
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • optional: 1 tbsp vegan butter (12g) (You can omit, for fat-free balls)
  • 2 tbsp plus 2 tsp milk of choice, or more if needed (40g)

Mix your dry ingredients, then add in wet. Roll into balls, insert lollipop sticks (or any long object, really), and freeze. Or, feel free to not add sticks, and simply eat these as cookie balls.

(Each ball, without butter, will have 23 calories.)

cballs

Kinda reminds me of a flag.

Repeat after me: I pledge allegiance to the cookie dough

cball3

The cookie-dough exclamation point !!! !!! !!! !!!

Other Cookie Ball Pop ideas:

Those Single-Lady Funfetti Cookie-Dough Balls

Or, for raw cookie ball pops: Raw Cookie Dough Bites

Join me in welcoming this trend with open arms… or open mouths!

No ratings yet.

Published on May 9, 2011

Meet Katie

featured on The
Today Show, CNN,
Fox, The
Huffington Post, and

Learn more about Katie

Get Free Recipes

Don’t Miss Out On The NEW Free Healthy Recipes

Chocolate Covered Katie The Healthy Dessert Blog Recipes

Popular Right Now

Reader Interactions

195 Comments

Leave a comment or reviewLeave a rating
  1. Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) says

KATIE YOU ARE A GENIUS!!! Ohmygosh I’d SO take cookie dough pops over cake ones ANYDAY!! As soon as I am better I am MAKING THESE!! 😀

• FreshFoodFitness says

Me neither! I mean, who would want just a bite of cake? But cookie dough balls are way more exciting. I’m on board for this trend for sure. And wouldn’t it be cool if they did make it all the way to Oprah? Or if Blake Lively invited you over to her house to make them like she did for Bakerella and the cake pops?

2. bitt of raw says

Cute! I think food on a stick is beginning to be a big trend. I made some all raw vegan cake pops in a challenge. It felt fun eating them on a stick. I will be doing more things like that I think.

3. Faith @ lovelyascharged says

Ohmahdear. So I’ve been looking for the perfect cookie to make for the new boy to show him that I can still be a baller cook and be healthy at the same time…and I think I just settled on this!

4. Dawn @ Blonde on a Mission says

I tried the cake pops from Starbucks, and I didn’t really like them! They weren’t flavourful & just tasted….average. My palate isn’t set up for the generic unhealthy treats though, so I think these look DELICIOUS!!! I am going to make these. These CCK cake pops makes me dream of a cake pop bouquet of flowers! Cookie dough, birthday cake, dark chocolate covered cake pop, chocolate mint, chocolate mocha… my mouth is watering like Homer Simpson right now haha.

5. Tori (Fresh Fruition) says

These are so adorable! I can’t wait to be home for the summer with a kitchen to use again so I can make up a batch of these babies! My best friend just recently started eating gluten-free, too, so I’ll have to give her some for fun.

What is the best way to store these?

6. Mary says

At the risk of being the 70th person to tell you this, I LOVE this idea! Putting all the ingredients on my grocery list right now!!! 🙂
    Count me in for this trend!

7. Albizia says

You were right – I need my hands only to make these and very strong will to let them live until I share them with somebody else 🙂 I can probably make them for my colleagues in the university. I am sure they love your creation.

8. Livvy says

OMG YES! YES! YES! I’m already loving your new trend and you’re sooo right; it will become HUGE! I’m going to try these with both oat + spelt flour-I can’t decide because it all sounds too amazing!

9. Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) says

I had seen Allie’s cookie pops a few days ago and have seen similar things on other blogs, not “healthy living blogs” per se but more baking blogs, and non-foodbuzz sponsored blogs, just this whole other realm of blogs i didnt know about until about 6 mos ago…have seen lots of cookie/cake pops.

But no one has time to read everyone’s blog! Especially when you’re busy getting your images uploaded on FG. Saw your pancakes w/ the syrup drizzle on there when I got an email from them about a submission approval.

So happy that’s all better now for you 🙂

10. Elena @ GagaForGrapefruit says

eeeek! i have EVERYTHING, EXCEPT chocolate chips! whyyyyy! i want to make these RIGHT NOW!