Get two new free healthy recipes each week. Sign Up

Reader Interactions

1901 Comments

Leave a comment or reviewLeave a rating
  1. Amanda says

I love that you updated your FAQ page because it made me look over the questions…I’d been wondering about how your hair is so incredibly gorgeous! I’m already cutting way back on doing “stuff” to my hair (I try not to blowdry it, and I stopped getting highlights! Yay! And recently added more omega-3s to my diet…I can already see a difference! Maybe I’ll try out your awesome shampoo…I have a Sprouts nearby….Of course you’re gorgeous in general it’s not just your hair! Good job on your blog I love it so much! 🙂

• Chocolate-Covered Katie says

Amanda, you are such a sweetheart! 🙂 And oh my gosh, how cool is Sprouts, right? Just be sure to go when they put all their vitamins on sale, 20% off (ask them when it’ll happen next… it’s usually like once a month or so). Haircare is part of vitamins, so the shampoos are always on sale then too :).

• Chocolate-Covered Katie says

2. Amanda says

3. Barb says

I love your page and I think you are an amazing person/blogger! Keep up the awesome posts, I look forward to hearing your ideas every day!

4. Barb says

5. Lauren says

This looks great Katie!! I can tell you put a lot of time and effort into this! 😀 I am surel blogging as your career will take you far! You have big plans for some recipes? Please please please be a cookbook!!!

6. Lauren says

7. Rebecca says

Interesting…I would take strength-training over cardio in a heartbeat (gotta love the pun!). While not with heavy weights or anything, I could easily do strength training waiting for water to boil, watching tv, etc. It is possible to use filled water bottles, soup cans, etc. instead of weights and to either do a whole “routine” or just a few random exercises here and there (calf raises while waiting in line, tensing muscle groups while waiting at traffic lights, squats while brushing your teeth—so many options!). Unfortunately, even though everyone seems to say that “women physically can’t bulk up,” I CAN! Ugh..so frustrating. My brother is always trying to gain weight/build muscle (even with a full-time job in his early 30s this is still an obsession of his). I, on the other hand, gain visible muscle within just a few workouts—and it is not a good look for me, personally. Cardio needs to be my friend but, honestly, I can’t stand it! (So, the opposite problem that you have!) I find it endlessly boring and monotonous. I have tried running outside, inside, doing machines, doing DVDs, taking classes, getting involved in sports and it is just not my thing. I am jealous when people actually *like* running (I ran 5 miles everyday for months to train for a race and kept waiting for that “runner’s high” everyone talks about…or at least for it to get easier…guess what? After EVERY run I always felt sick to my stomach, horrible and angry…literally!

8. Rebecca says

9. Katie @ Nutrition in a peanut shell says

Hahaha Katie- “I had a hamster once, very strange creatures”.

People are just too nosy. As long as you’re healthy and have no major health concerns, who cares what you weigh? It’s nothing more than a number 🙂

Your FAQ page didn’t sound self centered at alll. Do you have more posts on your photography though? I love the way you do it, and I didn’t know you did some with a p&s! Teach me your ways?

• Sarah says

I agree in wanting to see more photography posts. Your photos are some of the BEST in the blogworld, and I really would love to see your ideas!
        I loved reading your new page. It’s very well written, and I loved getting to know my favorite blogger a bit more!

• Sarah says

10. Katie @ Nutrition in a peanut shell says

Hahaha Katie- “I had a hamster once, very strange creatures”.

11. Tricia says

Love your faq page, and i totally agree with you. I hate lifting weights because its boring, but I love running long, slow miles because i feel amazing afterwards. Haha, i only lift weights or do push-ups when my coaches make me even though I know it will help me run faster.

12. Tricia says

13. Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill says

You did a great job answering all of the questions! I appreciate your honesty and I can tell that your answers are sincere. And I totally agree about splurging on healthy food–it’s an investment for the future and triple bypass surgery definitely costs MUCH more than a jar of coconut butter!

14. Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill says

15. Lenna says

Agree on hamsters being strange creatures 🙂 Your FAQ page is great, I love all your responses. I actually use the same camera. And I can totally relate to not getting to “excited” about buying organic stuff. The regulat things may not be healthier, but they work for me. And I´d rather buy a new jar of almond butter than one organic banana 🙂

16. Lenna says

17. Kendra says

Hi Katie, I have been following your blog for a long time (and have sadly never commented), and I wanted to tell you how awesome your recipes are!! I am a 17 year old vegetarian, and I love experimenting with new vegan recipes in the kitchen. Your pancake recipes have made my breakfasts more exciting, and I absolutely LOVE the Fudge Babies!! I usually make some slight changes to your recipes based on what is available in my kitchen, but you have provided sooo much inspiration:) A random note–if you haven’t already tried this, I have found that the banana soft serve recipe from the Oh She Glows blog makes a FANTASTIC pancake topping. Thanks for your great recipes and ideas!

18. Kendra says

19. Lyza says

I LOVE your faq, Katie!!! It’s so honest and relatable, and it covers everything I’ve ever wondered!!

Take care darling 🙂

20. Lyza says

Take care darling 🙂

21. Moni'sMeals says

really great Katie, gosh I have to say though, people sure can be “nosey” with some of the questions asked! hey, I am just sayin…

I feel 100% confident that I could change your mind with lifting weights/strength training, if you trained with me, it would not seem so dreadful, I promise!

🙂