Hands down, this is the best vegetarian chili recipe I’ve ever tried. Don’t be surprised if you find yourself making it over and over again. That’s how delicious it is!
Easy Vegetarian Chili Recipe
All you have to do is throw everything into the pot, and this simple homemade chili practically makes itself.
Super wholesome and filling, it is pure classic comfort food in a bowl.
The chili freezes well and is also great for meal prep – Make a big batch on Sunday, and you have a healthy dinner for the entire week!
Also Good For Meal Prep: Overnight Oats – 15 Recipes
This veggie chili recipe is one of my family’s favorites, and even the meat eaters love it!
I like to freeze at least four servings right away whenever I make it, to keep an instant meal on hand for any night when I’m hungry for dinner and don’t feel like cooking.
What Do You Eat With It?
Serve the chili over quinoa, rice, or a baked sweet potato, add crushed tortilla chips or sliced avocado on top, or it’s also great with my favorite Vegan Cornbread.
The Best Vegetarian Chili
A hearty recipe that takes just minutes to prepare and yields a ton of food with minimal work, this award wining vegan chili is impossible not to love.
I usually make the chili on the stovetop, but you can use a slow cooker or instapot if you prefer.
Feel free to customize the basic recipe by using the beans and veggies you have available or adding chopped butternut squash or some tofu for even more protein, and the optional spicy hot sauce can be increased or omitted to suit your own tastes.
Leftover Black Beans? Make Black Bean Brownies!
Instant Pot Chili
To make the black bean chili in an Instant Pot, add everything to the pressure cooker and set to manual or soup/chili mode for 5 minutes. Seal, then natural release.
Add everything to a Crock Pot, cover and cook on high for 3 hours, or low 6 hours, or until carrots are soft. Garnish as desired, and serve.
Trending Recipe: Cauliflower Mac And Cheese
Above – watch the video of how to make vegetarian chili!
Vegetarian Chili Recipe
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 can black beans or 1 1/2 cups cooked
- 1-2 cans garbanzo beans or beans of choice
- 3-4 cups vegetable broth depending on desired thickness
- 2 14- oz cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3-4 carrots or zucchini chopped small
- optional 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- optional hot sauce to taste
- optional garnishes such as sliced avocado tortilla chips, etc.
- *Be sure to watch the recipe video above if you're a visual learner. Instant pot or crock pot options are also written out above. The recipe makes a huge amount, so feel free to halve it! Vegetarian Chili Recipe: Drain beans and rinse well. Add all ingredients to a large pot, cover, and bring to a boil. (If desired, you can sauté the onion in a little oil first, but it's not required.) Once boiling, turn heat to low and cook--uncovered--until the carrots are tender and chili has thickened. Add garnishes and hot sauce if desired. This recipe freezes well. If you try it, be sure to leave a comment or rate it below! View Nutrition Facts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram
More Healthy Vegetarian Recipes
(Reader Favorite Recipe)
How To Cook Sweet Potatoes – The Better Way