Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Four Truths and a Lie

Did y’all ever play that game in grade school?

Once again, I’ve been tagged! Sam tagged me, so now it’s time to learn 5 more things about your friendly neighborhood chocolate-covered vegan. (Well, really only four, since one of the “facts” is a lie.) It is really getting difficult to think of new facts, as I’ve already done FIVE of these surveys since the inception of this blog. Still, I’m up for the challenge!

1) I use chopsticks for almost everything I eat. Growing up in Japan, I learned to eat with chopsticks before learning to use a fork! (Yes, I do now know how to use a fork. But I still prefer chopsticks.)

2) I have a super-happy disposition. Fittingly, I went through a stage during my middle school years where any time I saw something with a smiley face, I bought it. I still have quite an extensive smiley-face collection. Check out my cereal bowl :).

3) I’m on first-name terms with Brad and Angelina…

Alright, fine, so this is the lie. They’re made of wax.
But I don’t need you, Brad Pitt! My real friends are more fun anyway!

4) I am a huge sports fan, especially of hockey. Go Dallas Stars!

5) I love chocolate! (That one was lame… but I couldn’t think of anything else!)

If, by any chance, there is someone out in the blogosphere who has managed to not do this survey yet, I tag YOU!

1. Bonnie says:

That cereal bowl! Awesome. It does look very happy. I like that first fact a lot – I wish I could eat with chopsticks, I should practice that! 🙂
    I don’t think Brad Pitt looks very real at all. Wax sculptures always confuse me. Oh well.
    The last point isn’t lame! It’s always good to be reminded of the deliciousness of chocolate, even if it’s obvious that everyone loves it : D

2. ChickPea says:

I didn’t know that you grew up in Japan! That’s so cool! When did you move to the States?

3. poopiebitch says:

My dad lived in Japan for a while when he was young (my grandfather was in the Air Force) so I was required to at least TRY to learn to use chopsticks and at least TRY sushi when I was a kid. Turns out, I liked both! He also lived in England for quite some time so I grew up eating like the British – fork firmly in left hand, knife in right… none of this switching back and forth business!

4. linds says:

I love your 5 facts!! It is so cool that you lived in Japan, and that you like hockey. I can’t share your favourite team choice though (Go Canadians!!!! :0)

The Endangered Species chocolate is soooo good, I love the dark one with the monkey on the front!

5. Irbas says:

6. Ricki says:

I’m not surprised by the smiley-face phase. Your face just beams on the screen! (Seriously, you HAVE looked into modelling, haven’t you??).

And I must say, that Brad Pitt looks rather. . . pasty. But Angelina is as awesome as ever!

7. Jennifer says:

Chop sticks are FUN aren’t they? It took me awhile to get the hang of them, but now I wish I could use them more! You are inspiring me to attempt to eat Mexican with them. Hehehe. 🙂

I’m loving that picture of you with ‘Brad and Angelina’! How does it feel to be so close to two major stars? 🙂

You like chocolate?! Really?!

8. Bianca says:

I love the pics to illustrate your facts! Cute! And damn, Brad has a serious tan…

9. russ says:

chopsticks are the best! People always laugh at me in the office for eating my sandwiches with them, but theres almost nothing you can’t pick up with a pair of sticks!

10. bikergurl says:

I have the same bowl!! It’s been through so much though that the smiley face has rubbed off 🙁

11. Kelly T says:

wow, that doesnt look like brad at all….that wax celebrity maker should be fired.

i wonder if he has business cards..

I didnt know how to use chopsticks until my phillipino (wow i dont even know how to spell that) boyfriend wouldnt let me eat unless i used them. It was like tossing an infant into a pool to teach it to swim. Works, but is slightly abusive.

12. Vaala says:

Cool! It would be interesting to hear what it’s like to live in Japan. Does it inspire your cooking at all.

Nothing lame about loving chocolate 😛

13. Vegan_Noodle says:

I thought at first you were gonna make us guess! This is good though, cause I’ve been tagged again to do this one and I’m totally gonna steal your idea 🙂 (and credit you of course)

Isn’t the wax museum cool? A little creepy… Oh, and how funny, I went a few years back and brad was there, but with jennifer aniston instead!

14. loveofoats says:

Chopsticks? How cool! I need lessons, I am awful at using them, it’s so sad 🙁

15. Ruby Red Vegan says:

Your first fact makes me wonder what Japanese breakfasts are like, and if you ever eat an American breakfast with chopsticks! Haha, I bet a tofu scramble or waffles would be pretty hard to eat with chopsticks…

Your chocolate bars look sooo yummy right now! I really love the Endangered Species brand of chocolate, especially the 88% cacao, extreme dark one. Mmm.

And I love reading your comments! 🙂 Now that I’m done with my Disney posts, I can finally get around to doing this survey!

16. glidingcalm says:

that’s so cool you grew up in Japan. My parents lived in japan for years! And my brother began his childhood there! As a result, I’ve grown up eating Japanese food (and other Asian cusines), and chopsticks are comforting for me too! I need to get some pretty one’s like yours though!

17. Jess - The Domestic Vegan says:

Girl, aren’t you supposed to not tell which one is the lie & make everyone guess?! 🙂 That’s how we always played, anyway… That’s really cool that you use chopsticks so easily; I love them & always do my best, but admittedly, I’m not too smooth with them. Haha.

18. ~randi~ says:

I love hockey too! But I’m a Colorado Avalanche fan! (hopefully they beat the Wild tonight)

19. Anonymous says:

Your face is soooo pretty!! You are very skinny, do you notice that people (family, friends, etc.) express concern or anything like that? It’s a personal question and I completely understand if you don’t feel comfortable responding.

20. funwithyourfood says:

I love to eat with chopsticks too. But I wasn’t lucky enough to live in japan. I’d love to go there someday though!