Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Oatmeal Week

Seeing as I’ve already posted two Oatmeal-themed blog entries this week, I’m going to go ahead and declare this week to be Ode to Oatmeal Week.  Let the oat-loving begin!

Oatmeal Raisin Pudding
2 cups milk of choice
2 cups cooked oatmeal
2 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup raisins
optional 1/4 cup sweetener of choice, or to taste

Combine all ingredients and bring to a boil. Then turn down to low heat for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pudding is the desired consistency. Makes 2-4 servings, depending on how big the eater’s appetite is and whether the pudding is being consumed as a meal or a snack.

The above method works for more than just oatmeal-raisin pudding:  You can take any rice pudding recipe and simply substitute cooked oats for the rice.  Coconut rice pudding?  Chocolate rice pudding?  Maple rice pudding?  Pumpkin rice pudding?  Mr. Oatmeal can do all this and more! (Not that you ever doubted him.)

1. Meg says:

I want some oatmeal raisin pudding right now! YUM!

2. Sarah says:

Thanks for all the new blended grain variations. I may never eat a whole “whole grain” again.

3. Emily says:

That looks totally yummy! I rememeber when you posted that cute tray (so crafty!).

4. Yasmin says:

Yah for oatmeal week! Can’t wait for ideas.

5. Kiki says:

Woohooo for oatmeal week! I can’t wait to see your other creations. And this is getting added to my breakfast list too, right behind the snickerdoodle oats.

6. Sarah says:

yayyyyyy, i LOVE ode to oatmeal week!!! (and such a cute tray you made for mama!)

7. Cecilia says:

Olalala, I would def try making chocolate oatmeal pudding nxt time! I love love love rice pudding!! You’re soo right, blending/whizzing it (even just for a tiny bit) gives it a rice pudding texture 😀 ORR do you have an ‘all things blended’ addiction!?!! 😯 OMGAAAAA

8. Shelby says:

Oatmeal week is the best!!!

I’m totally making your snickerdoodle oats on saturday as my “last meal” at home! Love this idea! I also have made your famed oatmeal pudding recipe but that was before I started blogging!

9. Ricki says:

Oh, Oatmeal, how I love thee :) Can’t wait to see what other oatmeal goodies you have up your sleeve (or blender?)

10. Elle says:

YESSSS i finally know what to make/post about now. amazing as always!

11. NAOmni says:

Great information!

12. laci says:

HOORAY oatmeal week, one of my latest foodie obsessions!!! I <3 this “oatmeal pudding” recipe, I think in my house it would serve two happy campers 😉
    P.S. I have a tray like that (of family photos, home made with love) like that too! 😀

13. Erin says:

I am loving all of these decadent oatmeal bowls. You have changed my life with these blended grain bowls of deliciousness. Another one I can’t wait to try!!

14. Marianne says:

Mmm, oatmeal. I’m eating some for dinner right now!

15. Fit Mommy says:

Man, I need to try all those oaty recipes!

16. these look so good! I loved your “themed weeks” and I’m really excited what else oatmeal week has in store! =)

17. Caroline says:

Absolutely love that recipe! I might just have to make it again tomorrow…

18. miss v says:

looks good… i’ve actually never had oatmeal in my life. isn’t that strange?

19. Emma says:

mmmmm I love porridge!

Just wanted to also say that I finally made some butternut squash fries and LOVED them!

20. jen molica says:

if you went a post without mentioning grains, i’d really worry about you. you’re just hard-wired to love the grains baby–no shame in that.

xo jewy

21. jrsimon56 says:

Your obsession is quite warranted :) Blenders are the best things in the world!

22. Can you believe I’ve never had rice pudding?! I know, I know.

23. mihl says:

At my house every week is oatmeal week! I discovered this food when going vegan and I’ll never ever live without it! Thank you for all the oatmeal ideas.

24. Sagan says:

Mmm oatmeal week. Your themed weeks are great. Yummy oatmeal pudding!

25. JENNA says:

I love theme weeks. I like to do cookbook theme weeks myself but an oatmeal week is right up my alley too!

26. Mariposa says:

i love that little tray! i would probably cry if my daughter ever made something like that for me! : ) your mom must have been so happy!

that oatmeal pudding looks divine..

27. Kristie says:

I am beyond excited for oatmeal week. And beyond excited to make some “rice” pudding. YUM!

28. I love that tray you made for Mother’s Day! You are so creative and crafty – I need your mad skillz 😉

29. Oatmeal week! Hooray!!! Especially because oatmeal is my favorite food, partly a preference I owe all to you! Your oatmeal pudding idea is and was the best version of oatmeal I’ve ever tried!!! I actually have two new spins on your recipe to post this week after making some incredible new oatmeal discoveries! Yaaaaay!

30. Sarah says:

This is one of my all time favorite recipes from your blog! I’ve been following your recipes for some time and this is by far the one I make most. My spin on it is to add Tazo Liquid Chai with the almond milk–tastes awesome! Thanks so much for all your posts, due to health, I am now vegan and rely so much on all your blogs for food ideas!