Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

It’s raining cats and dogs!

Did someone say “dogs”?

No, not you, Molly.  You can go back to sleep.

Poor Henry; he hates the rain. Right now, for example, he’s hiding in the very back of my parents’ closet, shaking like a leaf! I’d pick him up to comfort him… but rainy days are actually one instance when Henry doesn’t want to be cuddled! (Usually you can’t get him to stop rolling over, begging for someone to rub his belly.)

While the rest of the country seems to be experiencing beautiful weather, we’re stuck with rain rain rain here in Texas. And while I normally don’t mind a good rainy run, severe thunderstorms aren’t exactly my cup of tea. So I *gasp* resorted to the gym this morning, a place that’s become a stranger to me in the past few months.

treadmill runner

Luckily I’m equipped with the proper weapons to make treadmill-running fun.

‘Course, I’m always looking to expand my repertoire: What do you do to pass the time on the treadmill? Even with those above “proper weapons” I try to avoid the treadmill at all costs. When I’m running on it, I feel like I’m going nowhere.

Oh wait… that’s because I am!

[adthrive_ad id='ChocolateCoveredKatie_Below_Post_600x250_300x250' center='1']

1. awkwardddd dude at the gym!

And those Artisana butters look divine!!! Yummm, cacao bliss? Yes please!

2. Krista says:

I love that doggie picture! Too cute! 😉

3. Ha! That would totally creep me out! I’d be all like back off, dude.

I actually prefer the gym to the outdoors. I know I’m crazy, but for some reason, I can breathe better when I work out when I’m inside. Weird. And I like the fact that everyone around me is also working out when I’m at the gym.

4. justine says:

Yes another chance to win!!!! Your the greatest!!!!

5. Jessica says:

haha, I hate it when people stare at my treadmill and try to run faster than me!! We’ve had lots of rain in St. Louis too, so I haven’t been able to run outside much either…

How’s it going with the new running shoes? I have an old pair that I keep putting new inserts in…new shoes just don’t feel right to me and I’ve tried 3 or 4 pairs!!

6. laci says:

*I thought I said this already BTW…
    Aw poor Henry! Gydeon hates the rain as well, shivering in the corner! Loved the running story- I admire how you get into this motivation for excersize routine, I hope to do that some day too! :-)
    I was just wondering, how fast do you normally run? I know it’s like 7 miles (I sweat like crazy at 2!) but I can only measure on a treadmill, and it’s often so loud to concentrate on a film! :-0

7. Coconutgal says:

Don’t you love guys at the gym? That is seriously why I avoid gyms!!
    I’m sorry it’s rainy there…. it’s not so great here either. Maybe we should take a trip to Hawaii? What do you say?…. CCV & CG do Maui!
    We could drink out of coconuts and eat chocolate bars and get tan. Sounds good :)

8. Vaala says:

I hate treadmill running so the only way I can cope with it is to do sprint intervals ’cause what’s a treadmill for if you can’t make it go really really fast?!

By the way, Molly is so cute!