Chocolate with a side of Chocolate

It finally happened:

Today’s second breakfast was too much chocolate, even for me.

When it came time to eat the homemade Cookie Dough Bar, I realized I was already chocolate-d out.

I didn’t know such a thing was possible!

100_8418

But alas, it is possible. After polishing off the bowl of Brownie Batter Oatmeal, I experienced chocolate overload first-hand.

365peanutbutter

So I saved the Cookie Dough Bar for later and ate some of my newest-favorite peanut butter in its place.

Lately, I’ve been a peanut butter purist, eschewing all the Mighty Maples, Dark Chocolate Dreams, and Cinnamon Raisin Swirls for Ms. Plain Jane of Whole Foods. Sometimes plain is better: It’s cheaper (huge plus!!), tastes great on apples, and is the hands-down best peanut butter for making banana butter.

pbnme

Oh o-kay, so Dark Chocolate Dreams Banana Butter is pretty awesome as well. I would never give up my DCD.  Just because I got sick of chocolate at one meal doesn’t mean it didn’t make a resurgence at the next.

Have you ever had too much of a good thing?

Once, on a trip to Hawaii, I stuffed my face with the freshest, juiciest pineapple ever.  Next day, though, I didn’t feel so great.  That sweet pineapple came with a caustic aftershock: it gave me a cold sore!  Meanie :-?.

Tags: , ,

1. Oooh I love peanut butter and I like it plain jane too, but that dark chocolate pb is the stuff of dreams! I think I might have to move back to the states just to get my hands on a few jars….er, gallons. 😉

Too much of a good thing. Well, whenever I eat too much sugar I feel wretched afterwords!

2. Jessica says:

I had alot of pineapple once, too, and my mouth hurt SO bad. The acid gave me so many ulcers and my lips were burning! I have also ate too much chocolate before…though sometimes I don’t believe it is possible!

3. *Andrea* says:

i got a cold sore once too from eating like 2 bags of frozen pineapple! ouch 🙁 not sure if i could get sick of chocolate though lol. however, once i did get sick of pb loco/pb&co and fun nut butter brands and just started craving good old fashioned almond/peanut butter

4. Eliza says:

i must try your brownie batter oatmeal! looks so good! and DCD ahh love that stuff! i mixed the last like 2 tbsp of my hazelnut futters with the last of my DCD to make a “nutella” haha it was good lol…ahhh too much of a good thing hmmm idk but thats funny because pineapple gives cold sores as well, so i avoid it, but prob yea i have had too much fruit in a day, i prob eat like over 7 servings of fruit most days lol…but i dont care, love fruit! 🙂

have a great Sunday Katie ♥
    xx
    Eliza

5. TOO much chocolate?-GASP 😀

I used to always pig out on my Grandmother’s banana pudding when I was a kid. Then, she would make it for me every time I saw her and I kind of got a sick feeling just smelling it. Can’t eat it now due to allergies and now I miss it!

6. mariana says:

oh i just ate a microwaved vegan brownie this morning and im gonna do it again tonight. it’s so easy, quick and delicious i almost cant believe it.

7. Shelby says:

Too much chocolate?! I have to admit..I have found out that too much is not always a good thing too.

Pineapple…oh how I wish I could eat more of you. Pineapple makes my tongue ache no matter how little I eat!

8. I can honestly say I’ve never had too much of a good thing. Well, except tequila once in mexico about 10 yrs ago! 🙂 Oops!

9. That brownie batter oatmeal looks yummy!

Sometimes I can get too much of cereal. Too much snackage and then I don’t want anymore for a while!

10. candice says:

Even the great Katie gets chocolated-out? 😉 I get overdosed on chocolate pretty easily, so I totally feel for you. Sometimes, plain is best for peanut butter! Lately, I’ve been craving MaraNatha creamy peanut butter, but I’ve never tried the Whole Foods brand. I’ll have to sometime—it’s cheaaap 🙂

Ooh, I had way too much pineapple once, too. It gave me a stomachache from all the acidity. :/

11. Melinda says:

Yes, too much of a good thing is still, well, just too much. I am forever telling that to my nutrition students. Balance is key! I have done too much ice cream before, and it sadly (turns to liquid ya know) makes me have to pee all night long.

12. I have overdosed on peanut butter before… can you believe it?!

I tried switched over the almond butter… but for some crazy reason, I just don’t like it 🙁

13. Betherann says:

Two words: banana chips.

Don’t eat too many. You’ve been warned.

🙂

14. chrysta says:

One time when I was little I ate waaay too many peanut butter cookies. I couldnt eat them for years after that! It made me so sick. But no worries, I can eat them just fine now. They are still one of my favorites=)

15. Katie says:

Thanks for linking to so many good recipes! I am intrigued by your chocolate batter oatmeal. One time in college I had a gumball machine in my room and my roommate ordered me an industrial size shipment of coconut flavored gumballs (my favorite!) and I totally over did it. I My jaws hurt from all the chewing, and to I don’t think I have had a coconut gumball since my freshman year.

16. Meredith says:

Totally know about “too much of a good thing”! For a party I went to last weekend I made vegan cupcakes — after licking the bowl and eating a crumbly cupcake casualty, I was too sugar-ed out to enjoy the treats at the party!

17. merittothecarrot says:

Whole Foods PB is the best! and so cheap! I LOVE IT. I’ve experienced the ‘too much of a good thing’ with bananas. I’ve eaten them with breakfast practically everyday for about a year, but I decided to give my digestive system a break… I do miss them 🙁

18. Too much chocolate?! Well I nevah! haha
    That browniw batter oatmeal sure does look scrumptious!

19. lola says:

i love chocolate too, but sometimes i definitely have too much and get sick of it. i need to try that dark chocolate dream sometime though!

20. Your oatmeal turned out a lot better than mine this morning! I’m a oatmeal newbie but have always wanted to like it because its just so healthy! Ive been trying different combos all week trying to find one i like. This mornings AB&J with 1/2 a banana in steel cut oats just didnt work and ended up in the food disposable and out popped the cheerios to save the morning 😀 lol But i think i will reattempt the oatmeal one more time just to try chocolate for breakfast!! 😀 now if that doesnt convert me i dont know what will