It's snowing in Dallas?!

HUGE flakes, too, not just little powdery stuff that doesn’t stick.

This isn’t my post for the day; I have a recipe post scheduled to go up in a few hours… but I just *had* to share my shock with someone.

Well, I guess it is December,so I shouldn’t be too surprised.  But still!

It usually snows here a few times a year, but I haven’t even heard about it snowing in colder places like Boston yet this year.

How’s the weather where you all are?

Come back in a few hours for Banana Hammocks (although maybe I should offer up a recipe for hot cocoa instead).

1. Katie says:

WOW It’s only raining here in KC? I am headed to Dallas in 2 weeks and moving there in May pretty excited. Hoping to find some fun people to run with and good trails down there.

2. Darn – I want it to snow here in Pa!

3. Yasmin says:

It’s not snowing here yet in Arlington and I’m right next to Dallas!

4. a says:

thats hilarious. its snowing in texas and toronto (where i am) just broke the record for no snow yet.

5. tiffanie says:

Sigh…it’s 85 flippin’ degrees here! My shorts need a rest. My sweater is getting jealous (notice how I said singular sweater…no need for multiple ones when you live in THIS climate!!!) 🙂

Hope you get to throw some snowballs at someone! HAVE FUN!

6. Krysta says:

I’m in NYC and no snow so far (knock on wood- I’m not a fan of snow). We’ve actually had pretty mild weather so far!

7. This kid is jealous! I want snow:)

8. *Andrea* says:

wowww it’s like 50 in boston! but it did flurry in october one night randomly.. enjoy the wintry wonderland 😉

9. eaternotarunner says:

Snow in Dallas? It’s supposed to be 65 in Boston tomorrow!

10. Susan says:

yes it is!!!! HUGE snowflakes! 🙂

11. elizabeth says:

jealous!!!! be careful out there!! hope everyone knows how to drive in the snow 😉

12. Scott in Ohio says:

Somehow I missed the memo that you are in the Dallas area.

Although I live in Ohio now, I’m a graduate of Plano East Senior High (PESH).

Do you live in Big D or a suburb?

I don’t recall much snow from the years when my family lived there, but I sure remember the ice storms!

Stay warm!

13. Jessica says:

It hasn’t snowed in St. Louis yet, but they’re calling for it tonight!!

14. Snow in Texas! Didn’t it snow on the beach in Corpus Christi several years back? Texas weather will never cease to amaze me…..

The weather here is starting to get REALLY chilly, it is in the 70s/80s in the daytime and into the 50s/60s at night!

This is as cold as I like it to get, but unfortunately it WILL get a bit colder before we are done with winter. Time to bundle up!

15. JCD says:

Ooooh, snow in Texas – I would love to be there to see it! Did you get enough to make a fudge baby sized snowman?

Today’s weather in Canada (well, my part anyway) is cold but not too bad: -13C/8F. Yesterday it was windy and damp which made it feel really cold. I have hung up my outdoor running shoes for the year… running on ice hurts my knees.

16. Lori says:

Is any of the snow staying on the ground? We moved from Canada to Austin 4 and a half years ago. I don’t miss that snow one bit! But it has been pretty cold here (42 this morning) and we got a lot of rain yesterday.

17. Marie says:

Oh wow! That’s crazy. I’ve only been once to Dallas in the winter, and then it was like 70 degrees! Here in Paris it’s cold and rainy, the tiny sprinkly kind of rain that’s not really enough for an umbrella, but enough to make you all soggy by the time you get where you’re going. I would love to get snow.

18. Jenny says:

bah feel free to keep all the snow to yourself — no me gusta!

19. Jessica says:

It is raining buckets in Atlanta. We’ve gotten sooo much rain this year!!!

20. Kristie Lynn says: