Raw Gingerbread People

It’s Raining Men! Hallelujah!
It’s Raining Men!  Amen!

Seeing as I’ve already done the naked thing, why not take it all the way and make them raw too?

znyc 637

Raw Gingerbread People

Word of warning: This dough is so good that you might just want to eat it all out of the food processor/Magic Bullet and save yourself the trouble of forming handsome ginger guys.

• 120 grams dates (If you’re unsure of the cup conversion or what type of dates to use, see Fudge Baby FAQ post)
  • 38 grams raw almonds
  • 1/4 tsp ground ginger
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/16th tsp cloves
  • tiny pinch salt
  • 1/4 to 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Instructions: Blend, baby, blend.  Then form into people.  Or Christmas trees, reindeer, angels… Heck, why not go crazy making yourself a little Gingerbread World?

znyc 636

Tree of (gingerbread) Life

I must admit I had some help.  Mrs. Claus stopped by for a visit.

znyc 639

This lady knows her way around a kitchen.

znyc 641

Top Five Reasons you should trade your guy in for a Gingerbread Man

1. Men don’t listen.  But gingerbread men cannot move.  Therefore, you can talk their ears off.

(On second thought, gingerbread men have no ears.  So they’ll never complain that you talk/yell/nag too much)

2. Men are not affectionate enough.  But gingerbread men are extremely affectionate.  If you’re having a bad day, they’ll let you take it out on them—Kisses, hugs, even bites. (Kinky little guys, ain’t they?)

3. Men say they’ll call, then they never do.  But gingerbread men can’t use a phone.  So they won’t offer such empty promises.

4. Men have big egos.  Each one thinks he is God’s gift to the earth.  Gingerbread men all look exactly the same, so it’s kinda hard to have a big ego!

And finally…

5. Men leave the toilet seat up.  But gingerbread men… well, let’s just say that ears aren’t the only things they lack ;).

So what are you waiting for?  Make some raw gingerbread men today, and let your guy know that he’s been replaced!

Tags: , ,

1. Girl you are so creative! I am not really a fan of gingerbread, but think these are such an awesome idea. My biggest pet peeve? Well thinking of my hubby (who is pretty perfect..), it would have to be how he steals the covers. And snores. lol.

2. Greta says:

Love the gingerbread men!

The bashing on ACTUAL men? not so much.

Katie, I usually really enjoy your blog, but I can’t get behind sexist stereotypes. sorry.

I do look forward to making your recipe though.

3. Liz says:

Boo to Greta! Take a joke!

Katie, you are hilarious. Please don’t change!
    And those gingerbread men? Yum!

4. JCD says:

Mmmm… gingerbread!

5. Very creative! I love gingerbread men!

6. Chrysta says:

haha great post. Your gingerbread man are adorable!! I just want to eat one=) hhmmm pet peve about men? Id say the selective hearing. Arg! Ah well. I guess we all have our own pet peves. Enjoy your day girl!!!

7. Yum yum! You win for most creative take on a gingerbread man that I’ve seen so far!

Are they pretty sticky to the touch?

8. hahahahaha the (5) th one is hilarious….but true!!!!
    so you put date in it ;-D no wonder it looks like that dark red color. thanks for posting the recipe! I only have dry dates, don’t know if that works too ;-D but i’ll experiment it!

9. A-freakin-dorable! Seriously. I’d trade my boyfriend for a few of those. As for pet peeves … and this is kinda gross … I HATE how men always pee in the floor a little bit. Like they dribble or something. I’ve had lots of male roommates over the years, and they ALL do this. Ick!

10. Oh, I should probably clarify that I meant, they pee in the floor in front of the toilet … not just in any floor. 🙂 Although some probably do that too. In fact, I once had a male roommate who, in a drunken stupor, peed in my bedroom floor, thinking he was in the bathroom.

11. Danielle says:

Love the gingerbread men! I’m usually nervous to make anything raw for my family but I think I can get them to try these 😉
    Pet peeve about men? Hm well I’m in college so I’d have to say it’s the “yeah dude I was wasted it was so cool”/crushing beer cans on the head mentality.
    And just to be fair (and so previous commenters don’t get their panties in a bunch coughhh)…I’ll say my peet peeve about women is we tend to wayy over-analyze stuff 🙂

12. Jessica says:

Your gingerbread men are adorable and sound so yummy! You already know I’ll be making these! 🙂 I just got a set of holiday cookie cutters too. Did you have any problems with the dough sticking?

My biggest pet peeve about my husband is that he always leaves things dirty – dishes, laundry, you name it! I feel like I’m constantly cleaning up after him, lol.

13. Mama Pea says:

Oh you are dead on with selective hearing. We were watching TV last night and I made a comment that this group on the Sing Off looked like a Gap ad. 10 minutes later my dear husband said, “Gosh, they look like a Gap ad.”

Uh…I just said that ten minutes ago! He didn’t believe me. 😉

14. Zoe says:

I just stumbled by accident on your blog, and so pleased I did!! I will be making this cute little guys for sure. I was thinking to make some with dried figs, I will let you know how I get on…….I could make a giant size, and use the fig leaf in the appropriate place!!

15. lexi. says:

Love your little gingie men!! So festive 🙂

16. the vegster says:

Katie, you are too cute! What a great post – I love the reasons why women should trade in men..

One of my pet peeves, hmm, probably when they say they’re going to do something and they don’t.

17. Sagan says:

Oooh these look tasty. I’ve been looking for some raw recipes so I will definitely be trying these! They’re very cute little guys, too.

18. Iris says:

Very cute post! And my pet peeve is the same as Bianca’s…yuck!