Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Raw Gingerbread People

It’s Raining Men! Hallelujah!
It’s Raining Men!  Amen!

Rough and Tough and Strong and Mean.

Seeing as I’ve already done the naked thing, why not take it all the way and make ’em raw too?

znyc 637

Raw Gingerbread People

Word of warning: This dough is so good that you might just want to eat it all out of the food processor/Magic Bullet and save yourself the trouble of forming handsome ginger guys.

• 120 grams dates (If you’re unsure of the cup conversion or what type of dates to use, see Fudge Baby FAQ post)
  • 38 grams raw almonds
  • 1/4 tsp ground ginger
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/16th tsp cloves
  • tiny pinch salt
  • 1/4 to 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Instructions: Blend, baby, blend.  Then form into people.  Or Christmas trees, reindeer, angels… Heck, why not go crazy making yourself a little Gingerbread World?

znyc 636

Tree of (gingerbread) Life

I must admit I had some help.  Mrs. Claus stopped by for a visit.

znyc 639

Lemme tell you, this lady knows her way around a kitchen.

znyc 641

Top Five Reasons you should trade your guy in for a Gingerbread Man

1. Men don’t listen.  But gingerbread men cannot move.  Therefore, you can talk their ears off.

(On second thought, gingerbread men have no ears.  So they’ll never complain that you talk/yell/nag too much)

2. Men are not affectionate enough.  But gingerbread men are extremely affectionate.  If you’re having a bad day, they’ll let you take it out on them—Kisses, hugs, even bites. (Kinky little guys, ain’t they?)

3. Men say they’ll call, then they never do.  But gingerbread men can’t use a phone.  So they won’t offer such empty promises.

4. Men have big egos.  Each one thinks he is God’s gift to the earth.  Gingerbread men all look exactly the same, so it’s kinda hard to have a big ego!

And finally…

5. Men leave the toilet seat up.  But gingerbread men… well, let’s just say that ears aren’t the only things they lack ;).

So what are you waiting for?  Make some raw gingerbread men today, and let your guy know that he’s been replaced!

znyc 635.

The Gingerbread Cheesecake Sandwich from the other day:

znyc661_thumb7

Sure beats the old pb&j.

Not a fan of the ginger-y flavor?

No one ever said your men had to be made of gingerbread. Make:

1. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough gingerbread men…

2. Peanut Butter Cup gingerbread men…

3. Hot Chocolate gingerbread men…

…the possibilities are endless. Question of the Day: What’s your biggest pet peeve about men?  (And, so as not to sound sexist, if there are any men reading: What’s your biggest pet peeve about women?)

1. Girl you are so creative! I am not really a fan of gingerbread, but think these are such an awesome idea. My biggest pet peeve? Well thinking of my hubby (who is pretty perfect..), it would have to be how he steals the covers. And snores. lol.

2. Greta says:

Love the gingerbread men!

The bashing on ACTUAL men? not so much.

Katie, I usually really enjoy your blog, but I can’t get behind sexist stereotypes. sorry.

I do look forward to making your recipe though.

3. Liz says:

Boo to Greta! Take a joke!

Katie, you are hilarious. Please don’t change!
    And those gingerbread men? Yum!

4. JCD says:

Mmmm… gingerbread!

5. Jocelyn says:

bahahahahhaah I LOOOOVE this.

SO good.

Biggest pet peeve about men? Or how about my man lol…Is that I’ll send him practically a story over messenger about my day and he’ll respond with..

“ok”

or
    “cool”

one word!

or..that he plays stupid games like wow (world of warcraft) for 987989 hours a day 😉 But I can’t complain cuz I spend that much time reading blogs. lol

6. Very creative! I love gingerbread men!

7. What adorable little men! The cheesecake sandwich variety looks especially delectable. :)

8. Cute men, great recipe! It reminds me alot of my raw gingerbread and cookie recipe…but. But I didn’t have the patience to roll them into men as you did…LOL! I also used pumpkin pie spice plus ginger & cinnamon for all those fall/winter gingerbready flavors…like cloves which I adore!

And those cream cheese gingey sammies…yum! Makes me wish I could have those right now!!

Later today, later today…the G.P.

Thanks in advance and when I’m back and settled, I will return the favor without a doubt! xoxo

9. Chrysta says:

haha great post. Your gingerbread man are adorable!! I just want to eat one=) hhmmm pet peve about men? Id say the selective hearing. Arg! Ah well. I guess we all have our own pet peves. Enjoy your day girl!!!

10. skinnyrunner says:

haha, that is too funny. hmm, biggest pet peeve… probably always needing to be right and in control. i mean, when i can be in control?!?

11. Yum yum! You win for most creative take on a gingerbread man that I’ve seen so far!

Are they pretty sticky to the touch?

12. Mona says:

Those gingerbread men are adorable! So creative! I have a question…all your fudge babies and raw dough look soo good but do they taste like dates? Haha I want to make the hot fudge babies but I am little freaked out by the dates…like do the babies really taste like dates?

oh and guys do suck a lot of the time but there are special occasions when they really can be amazing

have a good day!

13. hahahahaha the (5) th one is hilarious….but true!!!!
    so you put date in it ;-D no wonder it looks like that dark red color. thanks for posting the recipe! I only have dry dates, don’t know if that works too ;-D but i’ll experiment it!

14. A-freakin-dorable! Seriously. I’d trade my boyfriend for a few of those. As for pet peeves … and this is kinda gross … I HATE how men always pee in the floor a little bit. Like they dribble or something. I’ve had lots of male roommates over the years, and they ALL do this. Ick!

15. Susan says:

SO making some gingerbread cheesecake sammies when I get home!

16. Oh, I should probably clarify that I meant, they pee in the floor in front of the toilet … not just in any floor. :-) Although some probably do that too. In fact, I once had a male roommate who, in a drunken stupor, peed in my bedroom floor, thinking he was in the bathroom.

17. Danielle says:

Love the gingerbread men! I’m usually nervous to make anything raw for my family but I think I can get them to try these 😉
    Pet peeve about men? Hm well I’m in college so I’d have to say it’s the “yeah dude I was wasted it was so cool”/crushing beer cans on the head mentality.
    And just to be fair (and so previous commenters don’t get their panties in a bunch coughhh)…I’ll say my peet peeve about women is we tend to wayy over-analyze stuff :)

18. Jessica says:

Your gingerbread men are adorable and sound so yummy! You already know I’ll be making these! :) I just got a set of holiday cookie cutters too. Did you have any problems with the dough sticking?

My biggest pet peeve about my husband is that he always leaves things dirty – dishes, laundry, you name it! I feel like I’m constantly cleaning up after him, lol.

19. daintyvegan says:

Aww, those look so cute! And tasty! 😛

I have to second the drunk peeing on the floor. It’s annoying, especially when you go into the bathroom twice and both times there is pee on the floor, AFTER you already cleaned up the first one. Lol.

20. Mama Pea says:

Oh you are dead on with selective hearing. We were watching TV last night and I made a comment that this group on the Sing Off looked like a Gap ad. 10 minutes later my dear husband said, “Gosh, they look like a Gap ad.”

Uh…I just said that ten minutes ago! He didn’t believe me. 😉

21. Zoe says:

I just stumbled by accident on your blog, and so pleased I did!! I will be making this cute little guys for sure. I was thinking to make some with dried figs, I will let you know how I get on…….I could make a giant size, and use the fig leaf in the appropriate place!!

22. lexi. says:

Love your little gingie men!! So festive :)

23. the vegster says:

Katie, you are too cute! What a great post – I love the reasons why women should trade in men..

One of my pet peeves, hmm, probably when they say they’re going to do something and they don’t.

24. Sagan says:

Oooh these look tasty. I’ve been looking for some raw recipes so I will definitely be trying these! They’re very cute little guys, too.

25. Iris says:

Very cute post! And my pet peeve is the same as Bianca’s…yuck!

26. Katie says:

So true – about men and gingerbread men. Do you think your recipe (and the fudge babies) would work without nuts? I’m not a nut fan. gingerbread cookies are my favorite though – i made some gingerbread men last week, and posted it on my blog, and just made some ginger snaps this morning!

27. Jess says:

With that ingredient list, I have GOT to try this . . . I have resisted your Fudge Baby-fied ways until now but I may have to cave . . . (not as though I had a reason except I am lazy and would rather blend up a smoothie for lunch than make myself little treats . . . I am much less likely to eat a batch of fudge babies if they do not exist than, say, eat the whole batch if I make them myself. . . in one sitting.)

I am married to the most awesomest man in the whole world so I don’t have any complaints, except that he is so super-busy I do not get to spend as much time with him as I would like :) :) :) :) :) <3

28. Demelza says:

Hee-hee, love the gingerbread men. <3
    You know I'm going to be whipping out my new food processor when I get home. ^.~

29. oc2seattle says:

Love it! Gingerbread men don’t dominate the remote either!

30. Shelby says:

Mmm, those sound wonderful! I must make them for the holidays :) I bet they would be gone in a flash!

Biggest pet peeve? Flirting with other girls when you already are in a relationship. THis can apply to women too but I usually see it in men. Ugh!

31. Jenny says:

I love that you made men AND ladies.. gingerbread is such a sexist cookie 😉

these look incredz, Katie-pie.. Luff you!

32. Katie says:

LOVES it. UM let’s see their cluelessness? DO they NOT get the signals I am all but sky writing? I like the gingerbread men. Looks like they will be good dates for a Xmas Party :)

33. Sarah A says:

I hope your family knows how lucky they are to have a fudge baby aficionado on their hands. I can’t wait to try these out on my Dad – thanks Katie! He loves ginger and after finally getting him to try a batch of my ‘funny looking dough’ (aka PB fudge babies) from last night, he’s become an instant fan. As for pet peeves, I simply don’t understand the world of EVE online and WoW. The mainly male-driven world of video games is positively mystifying.

34. cassidy says:

Oh Katie, you are TOO CUTE. I just made vegan gingerbread (male AND female) cookies (the baked kind) and am absolutely STOKED to see that you made a raw version, cause now I’ll be making that too! YUM! As for pet peeves, I’ve noticed boys can be *terrible* at cleaning up after themselves, especially when they cook big elaborate meals…. NO THANKS! 😉

35. VeggieGirl says:

GINGERBREAD MEN! My favorite Christmas cookie.

Your comment made me smile – I hope to talk again soon :)

36. Katie says:

Haha, you are hilariously adorable. :-)

Pet Peave: Men always want to solve things. Can’t a girl just complain once in a while?

37. Liz says:

They leave the toilet seat up! So true! Or don’t close the door when they’re in there… eww

SUCH a funny post!

38. Margie says:

I must admit that I love my man. I would not even trade him in for some tasty gingerbread. :)
    Pet peeve – They don’t listen to one word you say.

39. Love the gingerbread men! And I’m wondering about the dates, also. I bought some to make some foods with, I’ve been so busy getting ready for Christmas that I haven’t had time! I am going to be making stuff hopefully while my parents are here visiting. Pet peeve? My husband can’t multi-task when he’s on the phone. If he’s on the phone, that’s all he can do at that time…it’s kind of funny, considering I do 50 things at once, LOL :)

40. LOVE IT!!! Ginger is one of my all time favorite spices :) XOXO

41. Trail says:

Yummy! I’m adding ground ginger to our grocery list right now. Oddly enough we don’t have any in my huge stash of spices!

42. Brittany says:

Mm these look really yummy! I’ll have to try making them this year.

43. momentanew says:

I just found your site and I LOVE all the different ideas! They all look so yummy! Great work! :)

44. Michal says:

Yum yum yum!
    Making these today for me and my mom. Now all I need to do is find a teeny cookie cutter to go with them.
    I also need to work on my conversions, I am so horrible when it comes to that.

45. Roselie says:

HAHAHA!!!!! its hilarious!!! lucky for me I dont like men, and I can indulge without second thoughts to the gingerbread men!!

46. CaSaundra says:

This post so made me laugh! I would take a gingerbread man over a real one any day–especially yours because they look tasty tasty!

47. Ashely says:

Yummm. I can’t wait to try these.

I totally agree with the whole WoW pet peeve. But my biggest one is that my hubby can’t talk on the phone without shouting and marching in circles.

48. “Let’s just say that ears aren’t the only things they lack” Mwahahahaha! 😛

Well, I do agree that the majority of men can be very annoying, but I am lucky to be married to one of the non-annoying ones! :-)

49. biggest pet peeve about men or ‘my man’ for the holidays he doesn’t believe in pre meditated gift giving, he would prefer I tell him what I want and then we go out and get it together…does he not understand that girls love the element of surprise and cuteness of HIM doing it?!?!

50. Amanda says:

Oh my GOSH these look delicious! I’m going to make them ASAP!
    Katie, please delete the comment above mine. It’s making me lose my appetite, even though that’s kind of hard considering how good these guys look!

51. ohhmay says:

Lara just called, she wants to hire you!
    Ahh Katie these are awesome!!! I read this recipe as I was baking gingerbread cookies and thought “my that’s ironic!” haha 😛 But you did a great job, and those sandwiches look to die for!
    I absolutely adore (or used to) the gingerbread cream cheese combination.

And my pet peeve about guys is their ability to stay quiet. I feel like I’m always spouting off everything on my mind, I’m so jealous of the ability to just keep it to myself!!!

52. Zoe says:

I just made them….so good! I tried them with dried figs also, I have to say I like them better, but you decide. Being a lazy girl I made them into “truffles”

Pet peeve? people that leave horrid uncalled for posts, male or femail!

53. Susan G says:

Love your ginger vs. real list! Too funny. I have been noticing Bianca’s pet peeve in my own bathroom lately, too. Yuck.

54. Scott in Ohio says:

If y’all will accept my apology, I do so on behalf of all guys for the times we “miss” in the bathroom. :-)

Mama Pea, you and my wife (Christina) would have SO much to talk about (haha).

55. Heather says:

Hi Katie, This is my first time making any version of your various raw balls (now men). I love gingerbread & Larabars so I gave it shot. I have some advice that’s worth sharing: After your mixture had been blended, place the big ball of mix on to wax paper, topped with another sheet of wax paper so you can roll it out. Otherwise, it just sticks to the counter or cutting board or rolling pin (aka my Sigg water bottle) and makes a mess! I also had a hard time “freeing” the gingerbread men after I used the cookie cutter because the mix was so sticky so I just ended up with 8 little raw gingerbread balls! Still delicious though! I wonder what these would taste like if you subbed pecans for almonds?

Thanks for the recipe :)

56. elizabeth says:

thanks for the inspiration!! love your little men!!

57. Jen O says:

The first thing I’d make in my Vitamix would be a raw soup! There are so many that I am dying to try, but don’t think my cheap-o blender would cut it.

These Gingerbread Men look awesome! I NEED to make them.

58. joy says:

THIS would 100% be the first thing I made with a vitamix – ginger = YUM

59. junghwa says:

ahhhhhhhh i would love to try raw gingerbread one!
    i would use vitamix for this~

60. Cynthia K says:

The first concoction out of my Vitamix will be apple butter! I’m jonesing bad, Katie, it’s bad!! I would pour it over pancakes and stuff my face with raw gingerbread men afterward. Crossing my fingers!

61. Melissa says:

These sound too good! If I won the Vita-Mix, the first thing I’d make would be a big batch of hummus!!

62. Jenny R. says:

If I won the vitamix…the first thing I would make would be some dog-friendly squash soup (ie no onion or garlic) b/c…Cheddar’s birthday is coming up ;P

63. leangreendeane says:

Gingerbread men were one of my favs as a kid! These sounds like a great idea, and i am sure would be much easier to make if i had a Vita-Mix!:)

64. Emily N says:

I think I’d make a green smoothie.

65. would love to make these with a vitamix!!!

66. Mary Jane says:

I would make so many tasty tasty ice creams and nut butters!

67. Ari says:

I just made these for my sister and I to enjoy – they are so lovely. I made them into balls though, not people (way too lazy since no one is really looking at them long enough to care!). Addictive!

Anyway, I would probably live for a week eating foods made only by Vita Mix if I had one! I have been wanting one for THAT LONG! Haha. But I suppose the first thing would be nut butter, because it’s supposed to be amazing for that.

68. Lizzie J says:

These gingerbread babies are SOOOO good and I make them in my magic bullet…I can only imagine how much better they would taste if I could make them in my Vita Mix!!!

I would also like a Vita Mix to make up some great green monster smoothies since I seem to be on a kick of them these days…but the gingerbread men def come first!

By the way- I’ve yet to make the gingerbread sandwiches yet..can’t wait to try!

69. Tracy says:

Having been “blessed” with an array of digestive problems (IBS, pancreatitis, and GERD to name a few!), I live on ginger and could certainly use a new man to comfort me :)

I want to make soup with my vita-mix!!! The majority of what I eat must be in liquid form and I could use all the help I can get in consuming as many nutrients in one sitting. And I’m always freezing and super jealous of everyone who buys soup at work!

70. esther says:

I want to make creamy fruit smoothies and nut milks with my vitamix! I’ve heard it’s the best!

71. sandy1579 says:

I have always been a big fan of gingerbread I can’t wait to make these. thanks for sharing

72. Jackie says:

Hey,
    I thought the raw gingerbread recipe looked pretty good. I was just looking at Ask.com and was asking about men dribbling when they pee.
    Any way just stumbled on this website and put it in my favorites because I love recipes.
    Thanks.
    Jackie

73. VegBallet says:

I absolutely LOVE your blog. I make fudge babies so much I’ve started making up my own recipes. My favorite combo is coco powder and minte extract with walnuts and almonds. But these babies run a close second. I’ve been craving ginger for bit and this was the perfect fix. THEY ARE SOOOO GOOD. and i cookie-cuttered them into little stars and added raisins. yum. Thanks so much for posting- your blog rocks.

1. VegBallet,
      Oh my gosh, gingerbread stars sound so cute! Now I think I want to try mine with raisins. Mmmm ’cause what’s better than gingerbread with raisins??

74. rebecca says:

when men think women should look a certain way to be attractive. size-ist much?!holy-crud-o-rama. I’ve only met a couple guys who actually prefer women who aren’t sticks/or even skinny but who’re still healthy and who will openly say it.AND it makes them even more adorable.

75. Rebecca says:

How many men does this recipe make?

1. It depends on the size of your cookie cutters :)

76. Trajayjay says:

I never got why women get so bent out of shape whenever we leave the toilet seat up. Is it that bad to take 3 seconds or less to put it down. I guess it’s easier to chew out the poor guy for 5 minutes than to just use her foot or hand to flick it to the down position.

77. MsA Haze says:

Excellent site! Just love the ginger bread man.
    I am a dark chocolate .. Pumpkin.. Spice.. Latte
    Mocha..anything ginger bread foodie! :)