Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Oatmeal Cookies for Breakfast

Is it a cookie?  Is it a pancake?
Who cares!

100_8047

Oatmeal Cookie Crepe Cakes

(Makes 8 cookie-sized cakes)

• 20g white whole wheat flour (about 1/6 cup)
  • 20g oats (about 1/6 cup)
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract and 3 drops almond extract
  • sugar or stevia (if desired)
  • a bit over 1/16 tsp salt
  • ¼ tsp ener-g egg replacer (egg replacer for about 1/4 of an egg)
  • ¼ tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 cup water or non-dairy milk (or maybe even juice, if you wish)

Mix all the dry ingredients.  (This can be done days in advance.)  Put liquid ingredients into dry, then stir.  Cook on medium-low, flipping 1/2-way through. Optional ingredients: raisins and cinnamon, chocolate chips, berries… or anything else you can dream up!

As calculated by Allie, the entire recipe has 130 calories and 2 grams of fat.

1. *Andrea* says:

yummm! i love cookies/crepes/pancakes/oatmeal so i’m sure i would adore oatmeal cookies crepe cakes :)

my favorite pancake topping is maple syrup…i use wayyy to much though it’s bad. i also like nut butter, especially almond or peanut, or whipped maple butter!

2. lexi. says:

Those oatmeal cookie pancakes look SO good. I’m going to have to try them asap! Favorite pancake topper: greek yogurt and peanut butter

3. These looks really good! I love adding a little syrup and chocolate chips to my pancakes :)

4. Danielle says:

These looks delicious! Anything with oats gets a seal of approval. My favorite pancake topped would have to be yogurt!

5. pen says:

those look delish! I know what i’m going to make when I get back from my 16miler today… :) thanks for the idea!!!

6. I’m with you – who cares?! They look delish!

Favorite pancake topper would be cinnamon and apples!

7. Those are so cute! They look delicious, just the way to start the day. My favorite pancake topper is CHOCOLATE. And lots of it!

8. Jessica says:

Oh these look too good!!!

9. Jenny says:

cookie, pancakes, whatevs. I want one.

<3! xo

10. Stef @ moretolifethanlettuce says:

oh my gawwwwd. i wish i had seen this recipe last night when i was out at the store, i’ll have to hit up WF today and snag some indredients (i dont have almond extract or www flour!!) YUM thanks for yet another phenom recipe katie!

11. Veggiesmack says:

Mmmm. Those look awesome!

I like PB&J on my pancakes, or just a drizzle of agave. I don’t like a lot of syrup.

12. lindsey says:

wow, i’m going to make these cookies/pancakes now!

♥ lindsey

13. Marina says:

Loving these!
    I like pb of course on my pancakes, but blended banana with cottage cheese goes great with them too!

14. Meg says:

OH YUM :) I must make these soon! You think there’s anyway I can sub the flour for anything? Maybe a non-gluten flour??

My fave pancake topping, which changes daily ;), is agave + peanut butter!

15. Yum!
    My favorite pancake topping is plain old Pure Maple syrup!

16. Katie says:

Yummy! I had pancakes this morning and topped them with plain yogurt and fig spread. I also really like nut butter on my pancakes.

Happy Saturday, Katie!

17. molly b says:

Those look delicious! If I don’t have ener-g egg replacer, could I sub a bit of flax egg, ya think?

18. candice says:

Yummy! The oats must add a lovely extra chew to the pancakes. :) My favorite pancake topper is definitely maple syrup. It’s the syrup that makes a pancake a pancake (and not just another spreadable bready item).

19. Run Sarah says:

Those look awesome, yum!

20. Can’t believe I haven’t made these yet! Tomorrow. :)

Favorite pancake topping?? Too many to choose from. These days, it’s coconut butter. 😉

21. eaternotarunner says:

Those look awesome, what a great idea!

22. Cassie says:

this looks so yummy and sounds so easy!

23. chrysta says:

omg awesome girl!! I have got to try these. Im always so impressed by your amazing looking food!!! I think my favorites pancake topper is fresh fruit. But Im thinking some warm melty almond butter would be super fab drizzeled on top too. Yummm!!! Have a wonderful day sweetie! xoxo!

24. Trail says:

Yummm! Those sound delish! My favorite topping is chocolate chips :)

25. Kate says:

pb, banana, agave, yogurt, berries, chocolate, whipped cream….. really the list of things i like on pancakes is endless!

26. Pam says:

Those look really good! Great job Katie girl!

Enjoy!

27. OMG you have outdone yourself, Katie, nice work!!!! :)

28. psychoj1 says:

Those. sound. delicious. Oh my goodness, YUM!

<3 jess
    xoxo

29. Emily says:

Hooray for pancakes. I’m definitely thinking they would make great fuel for my long run tomorrow. My fave toppings are any nut butter or fresh blueberries.

30. Chelsea says:

If I wanted to use real eggs, how much should I use? About a single egg?

31. BroccoliHut says:

My favorite pancake topper changes by the day, really, but lately I’ve been grooving on pumpkin and pecans. YUM.

32. Christina says:

My favorite pancake topper is just plain ol’ maple syrup. There’s nothing better!

33. Diann says:

Mmmm, oaty pancakes sound so good! I would just sprinkle these all over with cinnamon.

34. Sara K says:

Just found your blog! Those look delicious! Question though- how much sugar do you put just so I can get an idea of how much the recipe should have approximately?

35. Yum, those sound amazing! I made a batch of your original crepe cakes with cocoa power + coconut; holy yum! They’re so adaptable for lots of add-ins.

36. Jessica says:

I can’t wait to try these! I know what I’m having for breakfast tomorrow! :)

37. Emma says:

These were Yummy with capital Y. I choclafied them and used oat bran which was all I had. Really though, you have some great ideas.

38. Hello!
    I just came across your blog, and those cookies look, and sound so good!!

39. Hi Katie! I just made these for breakfast this morning and they were fantastic! I put jam and peanut butter on it and will be posting about it in my post tonight. Thanks for the recipe!

40. Bekah says:

Thanks for the recipe Katie! They also look so yummy when you make them. 😉

41. Amy says:

Made these yesterday afternoon with whole spelt flour and topped them with some soy margarine and maple syrup. Yum! The almond extract adds a nice flavour!

42. I tried out your oatmeal pancake cookies! I modified them a little bit (no sugar, no salt, no egg replacer) but I still loved them! Thank you for sharing such a great recipe! Thank you for the inspiration! :)

43. Sarah says:

These look so good! Do you think I could use a substitue for the ¼ tsp ener-g egg replacer? No stores around me carry it :( Maybe flax or chia? Thanks!

1. I know others have had success with flax eggs in this recipe. Or you might just leave the egg replacer out and try adding extra baking powder. If you make ’em, let me know how they turn out (especially if you go the flax-egg route, since I’ve actually never tried using flax egg!)

44. Jenny B says:

Hi! Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed this recipe! I used oat bran/quick oats for the flours and made a little dip for them out of greek yogurt and a spoonful of this fabulous organic superfruit jam I just bought (Crofter’s Organic)…I also sprinkled a bit of coconut on the cute little pancookies before flipping over. THANK YOU for the recipe and wonderful blog!

1. Aww Jenny, I’m so glad you liked them! And how cute is your name, “pancookies”?!? Love it :).

45. Laura says:

Made these for dinner tonight when I realized I had no other food in the house. Excellent recipe! I also made some caramelized bananas top them. :)

46. shawnia says:

AMAZING! 130 calories for 8 pancakes?