Raw Carrot Cake Macaroons

Lately, I’ve been on a huge-normous carrot cake kick. You’ve heard of the Midas Touch? It’s become the Bugs Bunny Touch!

One of my most-recent Carrot Cake experiments took place yesterday, with these guys:

Raw Macaroons

Carrot Cake Macaroons

(Or shape into bars, for Carrot Cake Larabars!)

• peeled carrot
  • dash of cinnamon
  • ingredients for the original raw macaroons
  • a few drops of pure vanilla extract
  • Optional add-in ideas: walnuts, dried pineapple, raisins, coconut shavings…

Follow directions for the original Raw Macaroons, adding in the shredded carrot, vanilla, and cinnamon. Form into balls or bars or whatever you want!

Other foods affected by the so-called “Bugs Bunny” touch include: Carrot Cake Pizza!

Artisana coconut butter on pizzert

pizzert

Carrot Cake Pizza:

To make carrot cake pizzert (dessert pizza), use half the “24-Carrot Cupcakes” recipe and bake it in a round pan instead of muffin cups.

Above, iced with coconut butter in the first photo. I also made Carrot Cake Pancakes, and I’ll post those recipes shortly.  But I think I’ve overloaded y’all with enough carrot cake-y foods for one day!

Oh the weather outside is finally delightful…

Remember how, last week, I laughed at those of you who thought it was warm enough here to wear shorts?  Well, I’m excited to say that the idea is no longer laughable!!  I ran in shorts this morning: it was 57 degrees (perfect running weather)!  And the afternoons have been getting into the 70s!  Yeah, it’ll probably get cold again.  The saying goes: “Don’t like the weather in Dallas?  Wait a day.”  It’s so true.  The day before Christmas Eve, it was 78.  Next day, it was 20 and we got 3 inches of snow!  But for now,

I’m excited to have no need for those Running-in-the-Cold tips.

Question of the Day: If you could have some type of Midas Touch, what would yours be?  For me, Chocolate Touch is stating the obvious.  But I might opt to go with oatmeal instead.  Would that be too weird?  On a non-food level, I’d choose to have a Scrapbook Supply Touch, because I’m a sucker for cute embellishments, but their costs really add up.  Oh heck, I guess I should probably just go with the Money Touch. Then I could help those in need and still have enough to satisfy my own expensive tastes.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

1. catms916 says:

I think I’d choose to have the “calming touch”. I tend to get a bit stressed at times, and I know a few people in my office that would reap the benefits of my gift as well… :) I know personally, when I’m calm, it’s a good day no matter the weather, day of the week, etc.

2. *Andrea* says:

i would definitely go with the “patience” touch. i can be a bit impatient at times :-O orrrr the money touch so i could help my parents pay off my college loans and then travel a lot and donate millions to charities.

the bugs bunny touch sounds great to me. i love carrots (not plain though)…these look delish!

3. Jessica says:

I’m a big fan of carrot cake – it used to be my favorite dessert before I discovered dark chocolate.

I’d like to have a “make someone do the right thing touch”, lol. It would certainly make life a lot easier!!

4. Oh dear, I don’t know what my touch would be? Maybe fitness? Maybe chocolate? Maybe butter?? LOL…too many to choose from!

5. Run Sarah says:

That carrot cake pizza looks amazing!

6. Mae says:

Wow the macarrons are so simple but look so delicious!! I too enjoy carrot cakeing everything (especially oats, muffins, cookies… :-)) I need to find coconut butter SOMEWHERE! Gah I can’t wait to move to civilization where the markets actually carry products that have come out in the last 5 years!!

7. Madeline says:

First of all, I used cinnamon on roast b-nut squash as per your suggestion and it has changed my life. Thanks for that!

Also, I’m starting to blog again because I was so aghast that you and other bloggers may have looked at my sad little page. I just pictured the face my mother used to make when she would see how dirty my room would get in high school…sigh. So it’s motivating, at least! Not everything will be vegan, but I eat next to no meat or dairy anyway. The dream lives on!

Aaaannnd if I had a ‘midas’ touch…I know this might sound super cheesy, but abstractly my touch would be like inner peace/happiness/fulfillment. Working in a clothing store has shown me how distracted some women are with how they look, and how easy it can be to make them feel good about themselves with the right outfit. Materially, I would want my touch to be books and the time to read them all! And perhaps craft supplies…the sorority girl in me lusts after puff paint and everything at Joann’s haha

8. tinareale says:

Hi :) I’ve been reading your blog and am enjoying it. Just wanted to let you know. And if I could have any special touch, it would be a photography touch. I would love to have better picture taking skills!

9. Stef @ moretolifethanlettuce says:

lol that reminds me of the commercial where everything the guy touched turned in to skittles. good times. AHH katie, carrot cake is one of my fave foods, yet i haven’t had it in forevs! i think i might even like your raw balls/pizza version better than the original, i guess we’ll have to find out soon! enjoy your sunny day :)

10. eaternotarunner says:

I want that s’mores banana like right now!

11. I love carrot everything! Hmm…now, I might go on a carrot kick, too!

I’m with ya on the Money touch! Seriously, I’d like the Happiness touch. Too many grumpy people out in the world…. 😀

12. Oooh, carrot cake pizza is calling my name! Two of my favorite treats are carrot cake and pizza so might as well marry the two. :)

I made a raw carrot cake ball recipe at the holidays myself so I know for sure it’s a good idea!

13. Heather says:

These look so great! Ani Phyo has raw carrot cake cupcakes with cream cheese frosting in her dessert book, and they are FABULOUS but sometimes I want something a little simpler. Thanks for that!

14. leangreendeane says:

Carrot Cake Pizza… you should market this! :) I see healthy chain-restaurants in your future… Carrot Hut?

15. Love the raw action here! :) The raw carrot cakes macaroons sounds and look amazing! We have always wanted to make a raw carrot cake and seeing this makes us want do make one now :) Love it!!!

16. Sarah A says:

I wish I had the ‘green touch’ and could grow fruits, veggies and herbs regardless of the climate. I haven’t been able to overwinter a rosemary or lemon verbena plant in my herb garden ever, but I keep trying : )

17. Veggiesmack says:

Carrots make everything better! I’m eating some right now!

I think the money touch would be the best. You could help both yourself and others.

18. ok I made my first attempt at raw babies with the carrots…the magic bullet did ok but not great for it

19. melonshot. says:

the pizza carrot cake one looks SO awesome. A “Carrot banana hammock..” that could be deeelightful! 😉
    I need to get back in touch with my “raw foodie” self.
    .. heck, i need to get back in touch with myself… :(

Love You ! xo

20. Emily says:

Not meaning to be sappy, but if I had the Midas Touch, I’d love to heal people, its heartbreaking to see suffering, and sometimes, when the people I help care for in hospital are ‘regulars’/there for a long time/I get to know the families I get so upset by them passing ;(