Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Mounds Bar Pancake Roll Ups

Two days ago marked the birthday of a very special friend of mine.  She seriously is one of the kindest, most selfless girls I’ve ever been lucky enough to meet.  Because my friend is always so sweet to others, three of us decided that, for her birthday, we ought to reciprocate some of that kindness. This is why, on Tuesday morning, at an insanely early hour, I was in my kitchen making pancakes.

And to go along with the Pancake Challenge, I made Pancake Roll Ups :).

Mounds Bar Pancake Roll Ups, to be exact:

(I used the Brownie Batter Pancakes as a base.)

Pre-rolled stage:

And reeeeaally close up:

So what exactly did my friend think of her birthday surprise Pancake Roll Ups?

I’m not sure…  She didn’t come up for air long enough to tell me!

Question of the Day:

Have you ever surprised a friend for his/her birthday?

One of my favorite “friend birthday” memories is of one year in high school, when we “kidnapped” a friend before school and took her to breakfast in her pajamas.

1. Brandi says:

these look FANTASTIC Katie!

I need to get on this pancake roll up train 🙂

2. Little Bookworm says:

Those Mound Bar Pancake Roll Ups look absolutely amazing! 😀 So sweet of you to make them for your friend!

3. McKella says:

That looks amazing. I love making mounds bar oats, or almond joy oats, but I’ve never tried with pancakes! I know what I’m making for me and hubby tomorrow. (No class on Fridays! I love having time to make a fancy breakie.)

4. Gena says:

You and HEABS have me drooling round the clock, girl! this looks awesome.

5. Kara says:

Can I come over for breakfast?

6. Jessica says:

You’re such a great friend! I always make over-the-top cupcakes for my good friends’ birthdays. 🙂

Love your mounds roll-up idea…yum!!

7. Jessica says:

My birthday is on the 25th of March. Make me some? Please?! I need a friend like you, CCV!

8. Jessie says:

Hey Katie, I made your oatmeal cookie crepe cakes today for breakfast! They were so good! I can’t even begin to thank you enough for posting such a delicious recipe. And now I need to get on that Mounds recipe!

Wow there are a lot of Jessica type names here. Haha just saying!

9. Sarahishealthy says:

How do you do it? How do you come up with these things? YUM!!!

10. ok, this is reason #1 why we must be friends in real life. and then i’d make you throw me pancake roll up parties for every half birthday, blogaversary, and random tuesdays when the craving strikes. droooool! looks amazing katie, you never fail me with your creativity!

11. Meg says:

Oh I’ve madeyour brownie batter pancakes before, so I KNOW how much of a treat these must have been for your friend. I only wish I’d been there to get some too!

12. Anonymous says:

Favorite birthday memory: Going to 7-11 with all my friends every time one of us turned 18 and buying a lotto ticket. Cheesy but so much fun!

13. Loved this recipe!
    I´m sure you´re friend felt really honored… And happy!
    Have a great Thursday!
    Brazilian XOXO´s,

14. *Andrea* says:

i used to love the mounds candy bars! and almond joy! these look DELICIOUS!!!!!! i’m sure you’re friends are all sweet and fun if they’re friends with you 🙂

i’ve never stolen a friend away but friends have thrown me surprise 18th and 21st bday parties at mysterious locations and just told me to dress cute haha

15. Evan Thomas says:

These look delicious! It’s totally making me think my next oatmeal needs to have chocolate chips and coconut. Do you buy any specific brand of shredded? I have Let’s Go Organic but they’re such small shreds

16. Yumalicious! I used to love Mounds bars, and I actually have one of the Go Max Go Mahalo vegan “mounds-style” bars in my pantry waiting to be devoured. But your pancakes look sooooo good. I’ve got pancakes on my to-make-for-breakfast list for next week. I wish I had access to that coconut butter so I could make those.

17. Question: On the contest, after making pancake roll-ups and blogging about it, do we leave a comment on that post. Or just email. I couldn’t tell from the instructions. I’m kinda slow sometimes. 🙂 I think I may do a peanut butter pancake roll-up next week. I’ve been craving peanut butter pancakes, and why not roll ’em up?

18. oh lordy. I am on a total coconut obsession at the moment- thanks for just kitting that one outta the park!

19. Katie says:

Wow Katie!! Those look AMAZING!!! I am sure your friend loved them!!! How sweet!! You are the sweetest girl!!!

Loving these!!! I just bought coconut butter yesterday!! Never had it before, had it this morning and LOVED it!!!

Love you!!! xoxo

20. lisa says:

I notice you often eat pretty decadent meals. How do you do it and stay so thin? I’m jealous. I have to constantly workout and watch what I eat or the pounds start adding up.

These look absolutely delicious!