Day Trip to NYC

One Lucky Duck Two Lucky Girls

The other day, I took a quick trip to NYC to meet with Jessica, a real-life friend. Jess and her family just so happened to be in the city this week, and I was so close that I couldn’t not meet up with her. We decided to try “One Lucky Duck” for some snackage.

As soon as I saw the coconut pudding, I recalled a certain Raw Coconut Crème Pie, also from NYC.

one lucky duck dessert

Obviously I love chocolate above all else. But I can make chocolate confections at home. So I went with pudding for my One Lucky Duck dessert. It was good, but it didn’t hold a candle (cafe) to the Coconut Crème Pie.

Jessica decided on a chocolate-covered purchase:

one lucky duck mallomar

On the right, Jessica’s One Lucky Duck Mallomar. And the Sachertorte she brought to take to her sister is on the left. I thought the mallomar filling was too sweet. (Jess let me try.) But Jessica devoured it, so I guess she liked it! Neither of us liked the high prices. But hey, when are raw desserts ever cheap?

1. Beth says:

Favorite place in the world? Now that is a tough one because I haven’t been to so many that I’m dying to explore! Of the places I’ve been, Vieques Island off the coast of Puerto Rico was pretty amazing as well as, of course, Paris. I’m dying to go to Turkey, Thailand, and South Africa though!

2. Ilana says:

The Museum of Natural History is my faaaaaaaaaaaavorite museum!!
    My favorite place in the world is OBVIOUSLYYY New York! Nothing like it!

3. Is that not the most difficult question, EVER!? Favorite place in the world, gosh Katie . . . 😉

It’s either Venice or Maui for me. They both have the water, which I’m addicted too. I love the mystery of Venice, how you can run through all of the nooks and crannies of the ally ways. Plus, this food is . . . no words.

On Maui, the atmosphere is SO happy! Everyone is there to relax and enjoy, so the people are great. The food there is also pretty divine. 🙂 My favorite restaurant, Spago, has a location there. 😀

I’m going to NYC soon! I’ll be stealing ideas off your comments on that other post.

4. Hmm.. I’m not sure my favorite place in the world- I don’t think I’ve been there yet. 🙂

5. Jess says:

Looks so yummy!! Chocolate should never, ever go extinct.
    <3 jess
    xoxo

6. Leslie says:

Like you, my favorite places are Italy and NYC

7. McKella says:

Probably the mountains where I always camped growing up. I love visiting big cities like New York, but I’ll always prefer nature.

8. katie says:

nyc!!! u were so close to me! so happy to hear u had a nice day:-) u are one lucky duck! ha get it. o god im corny! anyways……….maybe we can hit up natural history museum!!! havent been there in forever! one of my fav places! soo many ideas lol
    xoxxo
    ttyl!
    ps favorite place is disney world!! lol or colonial williamsburg on the 4th of july….dont laugh!

9. I wish I lived close enough to NYC to make Day trips 🙂

My favorite place in the world? In my man’s arm … Aaaaaaaaaaw cheeeesy! *With an Ice Cream bowl, the size of my head, of course!*

1. Marilou,
      Loved your cheesy answer!! (Especially the ice cream part hehe)

10. Becca says:

Ack – another Walt Disney World one here! Yeah, I’m five, really. I love exploring new places, and I think travel is so important, but nothing sets my butterflies jumping quite like there!

11. todayslady says:

So far my favorite place in the world is London <3 But I plan on traveling a lot after I'm done school so it may change!

12. those chocolate covered purchases look too good to be true!

13. Renée says:

London! I feel more at home there than anywhere else.
    I’m going in November for my birthday and I’m so excited 😀

I love NYC also. I usually go once or twice a year, but I haven’t been there in a while.

14. Becca says:

I’m so surprised to see so many London fans! I moved away in March and honestly I wouldn’t mind if I never went back again… I guess it’s one of those “great to visit; sucks to live there” kind of places.

1. Becca,
      LOL I loved London… but I haven’t been since I was 5, so I guess my opinion is kinda skewed :).

15. Mandiee says:

When are you going to NYC again? I’m going later this summer, too, and I’d love to meet up at one of your favorite vegan spots, if possible. If not, at least some good recommendations of where to go would be awesome :D. And no chocolate?! Oh, the horror!

Have a lovely day!
    xox

16. If I ever make it to One Lucky Duck, that mallomar is soooo on my list of must-haves. I don’t believe in “too sweet.” 🙂

17. Favorite place?? Oh dear…well, this might sound totally cheesy but anywhere as long as my family is right there with me. We honestly have the most amazing time together. Whether its having a BBQ on our dock or traveling through Europe, there is always excitement, fun, love, and laughter!

18. Paris and then New York. I am not sure if my romance with NY is fleeting though. I think I would like the fast pace for a little while, but then need to head to Paris to slow down. Maybe in another life, I could afford to go back and forth!

19. foodiefresh says:

I love NY and Seattle, but I think somewhere in Italy will be my new favorite place after my honeymoon in August. 🙂

20. lola says:

ooh those desserts look amazing! i want to try one lucky duck but it is too expensive for me for now =(
    my favorite places in new york are central park, chinatown, and the lower east side. although there are still too many places i haven’t been yet.
    favorite place in the world is of course my hometown, san francisco.