Three Ingredient Peanut Butter Balls

These bite-sized 3 ingredient peanut butter balls are completely addictive!

Peanut Butter Balls

Happy Monday, chocolate sprinkles!

Happy Monday? Meh, who likes Mondays? Not me. Not during the school year, anyway. But you know what can turn even a Monday into a funday? Sweet treats! And the treats I’m offering today have only two to three ingredients, which means chasing away the Monday blues has never been easier… or more delicious.

So here we go; it’s finally time to add another recipe to my 100+ Oatmeal Recipes.

3 ingredient oatmeal peanut butter balls

Did you have a favorite snack as a kid?  One of my sister’s and mine was something known as Honey Milk Balls. Here’s my healthier veganized version (which are also healthier, although even the original honey milk balls are somewhat healthy).

3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Balls

• Very scant 2 tbsp oats or oat bran (12g)
  • 2 tbsp peanut butter OR allergy-friendly alternative (30g)
  • Optional, depending on the sweetness of your nut butter: 1-2 tsp agave or a few stevia drops (plus a few tsp water if needed).

Directions: First measure the oats into a bowl and crush them a bit (with your hands, a fork, or even the Magic Bullet). Then add the pnb and optional sweetener. If you take the pb straight from the fridge, you might want to microwave 20-30 seconds (or just leave the pb out for a bit so it gets soft enough to mix). Mix well, then form into balls… or eat the dough! The recipe makes a very small amount (shown above).

Obviously you can double, triple, or even centuple (that’s 100 times) the recipe. Variation ideas are listed below.

vegan peanut butter cookie dough

They’re high in protein, fiber, and—most importantly—taste!

Variation ideas:

• Melt chocolate with your pb, or add nibs or chips
  • Add flakes of coconut, and/or chopped, dried fruit
  • Put in some jelly for pb&j balls
  • Add spices, such as cinnamon
  • Try using wheat germ, or perhaps even crushed flaxseeds, in place of the oats

I’m thinking these 3 ingredient peanut butter balls would be really yummy with some Mighty Maple peanut butter. But I don’t happen to have any at the moment… and I probably shouldn’t buy a jar until I finish off at least one of the many other nut butters taking over my home. Observe:

peanut butter flavors

chocolate covered email button

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. These are awesome. And extremely easy to make!

When I was little I liked to snack on oreos and milk or chips after school…… I was a little fatty 🙂
    I remember a guy on the school bus making fun of me when he found that out, total jerk.

1. Ugh, guys can be such jerks (especially little boys… but oh wait, big boys too!). I bet he really liked you, though. My mom always said the ones who teased you secretly liked you!

2. Stefanie says:

Your nut butter collection looks lovely. I control myself and only allow one jar of nut butter open at one time. This does not include the self ground nut butters from whole foods that I have as well. The most I had at one time was 4 jars. Thank you for the recipe. 🙂

1. Girl, give me some of your self control! 😉

3. Glad to know I’m not the only nut butter hoarder out there. 🙂

4. Anne says:

That is definitely only a one-serving snack! I eat at least 2 tbsps of nut butter with something else for a snack. So those have got to be one serving for an “appetizer”. That or I eat way too much!

1. LOL I’m with you, Anne! I definitely like bigger snacks.

5. Anonymous says:

These look so so yummy! Kind of like no bake chocolate peanut butter cookies but without the chocolate 😛 I’d gobble these up, no doubt!

I definitely have a slight nut butter addiction. There may or may not be over 11 jars in my cupboard..

1. Eleven jars? Yay! Your addiction makes me feel better about mine :).

6. Jennifer - jcd says:

Mmmm… peanut butter an oatmeal are the best combination! I wish I could eat my screen and taste them now.

Oh, the nut butter addiction… I’m right there with you. I buy peanut butter in 10 kg pails and they always disappear… but other nut butters make frequent appearances in our house too. Yesterday we had some more cashew butter 32C cups, and this evening I plan on making ants on a log with the last of the almond butter in the fridge.

Have you tried making nut butters in your Vita-mix yet? If so, how difficult was it, and did it taste good? Curious.

1. I haven’t. I know that you can… but I’m just so afraid that it’ll stick to the sides and bottom, which will mean a waste of a lot of yummy nut butter. Plus, it’s just so darn convenient to buy a jar. My favorite pb (from Whole Foods) is only $2 for a container, and they often have coupons.

LOL I remember your “Hug a Fat” photo!

1. jwoolman says:

I’ve made peanut butter and cashew butter in an old Vita-Mix (the type with a steel canister and spigot). Works really well. Mine came with a wooden dowel to use to tamp the stuff down at some point in the mixing process, so it all gets ground. Takes only a few minutes. Haven’t tried other nuts and seeds, but both peanuts and cashews don’t need any extra oil at all. And just plan on using a long-handled spoon to get at anything stuck to the blades or side (somebody has to “lick the bowl”, right?). Not really a problem. Cleanup is easy also, even with my old spigot version, just put some soap in water and let the Vita-Mix run for a few minutes.

1. I have yet to make pb in my vita-mix. What am I waiting for?!

1. Melissa says:

Just do what I do, Katie!

When I’m doing making nut butter I toss in some ice, bananas, almond milk and cocoa and make a smoothie. Uses up any butter stuck to the container and tastes AWESOME.

My Vita makes the best almond butter and coconut butter! I have to add a tiny bit of coconut oil to the raw almonds but meh. So gooooood. Also, homemade chocolate PB is ROCKING.

2. Mmm Melissa, you should start a blog lol!

7. Caitlin says:

Awesome! I make this exact thing ALL the time. It’s like cookies, but so much easier!

Haha Ross. That’s one of my favorite episodes (though aren’t they all?).

Custard, good. Jam, good. Meat, GOOD.

1. I wasn’t supposed to put beef in the trifle!

🙂 🙂 🙂

8. Catherine L. says:

Katie, I had everything to make these and when I saw your post about an hour ago, I RAN to my kitchen! Now I am happily snacking! 🙂 They’re awesome and took me 2 minutes to make! Your blog is awesome!

9. Oooh those look yummy! I like peanut butter melted into oatmeal and this is much more portable 🙂
    Thanks for the idea!
    When I was a kid, my favourite snack was fruit gushers :S I’ve come a long way, haha

10. These sound so yummy! I love, love, love nut butter more than anything in the world. My fave right now is the new Justin’s chocolate hazelnut butter. OMG! I’m also a nut butter hoarder. My collection is about the same as yours!

1. I think I might’ve cried when I first tried that one (ok, not really). Finally, vegans can have Nutella!

1. I was so excited when I saw the Justin’s “Nutella”!

11. abby says:

sooooo good, soooooo easy! i’m jotting this recipe down. but i could just do it from memory, that’s how easy it looks! have i said before how much i love how easy your recipes are? easy, but creative and fun and delicious and healthy all at the same time! love you, katie! 🙂

1. abby says:

oh and yah i have a nut butter addiction to rival yours. it’s so funny, because when i was in the throes of my ED nut butter was the SCARIEST food on the planet to me, and now it’s one of my favorites and i eat it every day. my new favorite is coconut butter. that’s your fault too! 😉

12. mckella says:

I’m totally addicted to nut butters! My current favorite is Justin’s Chocolate Hazelnut Butter, kicks Nutella right in the butt.

1. I just discovered that one too! Sooooo good! 🙂

13. miss v says:

three ingredients! i love it! it sounds like eating cookie batter, which is one of my favorite past times. 🙂

14. Albizia says:

Oh, yes! Finally a treat a girl with no blender can do! Thanks, Katie!

I may not have a cupboard full of nut butters but I am kind of an addict because there is always some kind of nut butter in my cupboard although eating nut butters isn’t popular at all in my country. My jar of tahini traveled the whole country with me because I wasn’t sure I would be able to find it where I was going 🙂 .

15. susan says:

Yummy balls! Haha sorry I’m a perv. But seriously, who doesn’t love nut butter? I must admit though, that even though I’ve tried many different brands and flavors of pb, good old smuckers is my favorite.

16. Gloria says:

Yep I’m an addict! When I was little, I used to sit in front of the TV on the weekends and watch cartoons while eating peanut butter straight from the jar. Ahh… those were the days!

1. Valerie says:

I did that too! Saturday morning cartoons! But back then, they didn’t have all these fancy flavors around nowadays.

17. Valerie says:

These look like a perfect snack for my kids! Thanks, Katie! 🙂
    You’re going to be such a fun mommy someday!

18. dragonmamma/naomi says:

My absolute favorite is sunflower seed butter, which I get at Trader Joe’s. I occasionally use a different butter when a recipe calls for it (like almond or cashew) but then I always decide that the recipe would be better if I use sunflower seed butter instead.

Peanut butter is the one nut butter I don’t buy, because it does weird things to my husband.

1. I need to give sunflower butter another chance. I bought it once and hated it, but then someone told me that only the brand I bought is terrible. So it deserves another shot!

19. Tori says:

Is that another Friends quote? Haha, you are too funny!

1. Haha yes! They kinda run through my head all day. There just seems to be a perfect Friends quote for every situation in life. I guess when you’ve watched as many episodes as I have… 😕

20. Sagojyou says:

I CAN’T be addicted to nut butter, because it doesn’t agree with my stomach 🙁 So if you can make awesome nut-free (and avocado-free; that doesn’t work with me either. But of course vegan) recipe, that’d be great! 😀

1. Melissa says:

Have you tried sunflower seed butter? Or soybean butter? Those are both nut free (and delish!) Mmm.