If a chocolate fudge brownie fell in love with a Mounds candy bar, you’d get this:
Ultra fudgy unbaked chocolate brownie bars, with an easy “2 ingredient” coconut frosting.
● Raw & Paleo
● No Added Sugar
Just throw all of the ingredients into a food processor and turn it on high.
Press the resulting crumbly dough into a pan lined with parchment paper, cover with the coconut frosting, and refrigerate to set.
The recipe is adapted from my popular No-Bake Peanut Butter Brownie Bars, and just like with the peanut butter version, these wholesome brownie snack bars can be made without an oven.
The finished brownie bars need no refrigeration and are great for packing into a lunchbox!
Coconut Chocolate Chip Brownie Bars
- 6 tbsp cocoa or cacao powder
- 2 1/2 cups pitted dates
- 1 1/2 cup raw walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp + 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips or sugar free chocolate chips
- coconut frosting (listed below)
- Process all of the above ingredients—either with or without the chocolate chips—in a high-quality food processor until fine crumbles form. Stir in chocolate chips if you didn’t add them earlier. Grease an 8-inch pan or line with parchment or wax paper. Transfer the dough to the pan, and press down as firmly as you can to evenly distribute.Coconut Frosting: Stir 1/2 cup softened coconut butter with stevia or powdered sugar to taste. (Very gently heat your coconut butter to get it soft – If it’s still not softening, stir in some melted virgin coconut oil.) Spread on top of the bars, then sprinkle on 3-4 tbsp shredded coconut if desired, and press down. Refrigerate 10 minutes or so to harden the frosting. The brownies can either be refrigerated (or frozen) or left out at room temperature. If you live in a super-hot climate, I’d recommend refrigerating so the frosting doesn’t get melty.View Nutrition Facts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram