Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

It’s time to Hug a…

Since November is VeganMoFo (Vegan Month of Food), what better to hug than something vegan?

To participate:

All you have to do is take a photo of yourself hugging something vegan. Then blog about it and send me your link. I’ll include you and a link to your blog in a special post. Non-bloggers, feel free to email photos. Perhaps now would be a good time to make some vegan oatmeal pancakes?

Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes

(It’s like eating oatmeal cookies for breakfast!)

Or maybe you’re in the mood for something savory instead?

Three-Ingredient Vegan Alfredo

1. Yay!!! So exciting!!!! I have so many wonderful vegan friends (which includes you, of course!!) that would love this post! I bet it will be a great post for new Vegans who are wondering what to eat….

2. Perhaps now I can finally bake something for my vegan roommate? :)

1. Or maybe I should just hug HER?

3. abby says:

oh i am so so excited about this! i’m going to hug… oh gosh how can i pick just one thing? i might have to get a bunch of my favorite vegan products together for one big hugging session :).

4. Valerie says:

I’m going to hug my beautiful vegan kids! :)

5. Inspired says:

Ack! I keep missing out on the Hug Months because I keep forgetting! Making a note to participate this time!!! What a great idea for veganmofo! :)

6. Sent! Hug vegans! GROUP HUG, EVERYONE! 😀

7. Leslie says:

I’m going to hug some vegan pumpkin pie. So excited!!! :)

8. virtual hugs all around!

9. Sarahishealthy says:

I would hug those oatmeal cookie pancakes. They look SO GOOD. Plus, they look like they could use a big hug from Sarah ;).

10. Lisa C. says:

Oh I love this theme, Katie. It’s so cute, and it sounds like a great way to celebrate veganism and cruelty free living. I’ve just gotten into the movement, largely in part to your blog, so I’ll be excited to see everyone’s submissions. I’m now eating vegan 100% at home and working on 100% complete vegan lifestyle. Thanks for the inspiration!

11. Such a cute idea! Those pancakes look amazing. Hmm a vegan food to hug…how about super dark chocolate? 😛

12. eatandrun says:

I would hug my vegan chocolate chip cookies. They’re the best cookie recipe, vegan or otherwise :).

13. I would hug you if I could, you’re such a sweetheart! :)

14. I’m so excited!!!! This is going to be an awesome “hug”!!!!

15. Kelsey says:

omg i have the perfect idea for this!! THANK YOU KATIE!!

16. Happy Vegan Month! I need to explore with more vegan recipes. Though I am not a vegan, I do prefer vegan and vegetarian options.

17. Caitlin says:

I am so down for this! I have the perfect vegan recipe idea to hug, too. No, I’m not going to tell you yet. You’ll have to wait and see ;). Hint: there’s chocolate involved!

18. Haha, I love this!
    I will definitely be participating!

19. Angela says:

I might have to dust off my copy of Veganomicon for this one 😉 . Or maybe I’ll just make more of those Maple Melties of yours. If I’m feeling lazy, I might have to do that! Good excuse!

20. I’d like to hug all my vegan friends, like you :)

And vegan foods I’d like to hug…something along the lines of chocolate or desserts would be fun to hug (and gobble up!) :)

21. i’d love to hug a KIND bar. they are so good! and hugs to my vegan bloggies of course :)

22. Anonymous says:

My three dogs are also vegans, so I opt to hug them. And get kissed in the process :).

23. katie says:

i love this idea, and i love your blog even more! i will have to think of something to contribute. i’m not vegan, but thanks to you and a few other bloggers i am working on it.

24. Ooooo, I am going to do this today! I will let you know once it’s up on my blog! :)

25. Natalie says:

love the virtual baby shower idea but what is your email?

26. christina says:

I linked!

PS-Coconut Butter was my next vegan hug, I didn’t want it to get jealous :)

27. Gena says:

I’d like to hug you!

28. I love the “just hug an actual vegan” idea! Sadly, there aren’t any round here :-(
    I’ll just have to hug the biggest-ever red cabbage I’ve just picked from my dad’s vegetable garden instead. The last one kept me going for about a month – and I ate some EVERY night. I think that definitely makes it deserve a hug!

1. A hug… and maybe a few kisses too? :)
      Purple lips much?

29. Vicki says:

I’d like to hug a vegan, and will be doing so this weekend when I get to see my lovely friend! But, when is thanksgiving?! English girlie here!

1. Oooops! November… ya know what? I don’t know either LOL!
      *Google says November 25th* :)

30. I hug my bag of millet anyway :) At least now I have an excuse to!

31. Frances says:

I don’t know what I would hug! I have only a few vegan friends… I think what I’d hug would be my bike, which carries me all over the place…quite often places involving vegan grocery shopping :)

1. Oooh that’s so creative! Hehe hug the bike that helps you eat vegan! :) I love it!

32. In this post, there’s a pic of me coming as close to “hugging” a taco as I think I can…does that count? 😀

1. Awww it’s so cute! I can definitely use the photo. But to be fair to everyone, I’m only linking to posts that mention hug-something-vegan month. (You’d be amazed at some of the crap “you’re being unfair” comments I’ve gotten in the past!) It’s totally ok if you don’t want to write a new post about hug-a-vegan month, though. I can still use your adorable photo and just link to your comment if ya want.

33. Emma says:

Hi Katie… I just saw this article and immediately thought of you and your blog… check it out! It nearly brought a tear to my eye:

1. Yikes! I guess I’d better eat as much as I can while it’s still around, right? A new excuse to eat more chocolate!

34. Woohoo!! I never really bake anything vegan unless the ingredients happen to be vegan..but this is the perfect reason to dive into some vegan goodies!

35. That could be a challenge here in small town Montana- everyone I know lives off steak & burgers :-( I’ll send you a virtual hug, does that work 😉

1. Awww I’m sending one back! Did you get it??? :)

36. Oh wow-I have yet to try those vegan oat pancakes. They look yummy. I know what I’m going to make hehe. :)

37. this is PERFECT because i just bought (and have nearly completely devoured) a jar of justin’s chocolate hazelnut butter. my latest blog post is really just a proposal to justin.

38. Lisa says:

Oooooh, raw butternut squash soup! I got a Vitamix!!!!! Weeeeee-hooooo, been playing with it all day.

39. Sagojyou says:

I would like to be featured! The link for the post is here:

Thank you Katie! <3 :)