Raw Gingerbread Men

The return of the handsome men!

raw gingerbread men

It felt so weird to be listening to Christmas music and making cookies when the weather outside was 80 degrees and I was wearing shorts! Texas weather is so strange. Tomorrow, it’ll be back in the 30s.

vegan raw gingerbread men

Because I have such a hard time making decisions, you get to see a lot of photos. Hey, but who would complain about seeing too many handsome-men photos???

vegan gingerbread men

raw gingerbread men vegan

Raw Gingerbread Men and Ladies

Word of warning: This dough is so good that you might just want to eat it all out of the food processor/Magic Bullet and save yourself the trouble of forming handsome ginger guys.

• 120g dates (packed 3/4c) If unsure what dates to use, see Fudge Baby FAQ.
  • 3 tbsp raw almonds
  • 1/4 tsp ground ginger
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/16th tsp cloves
  • tiny pinch salt
  • 1/4 to 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Instructions: Blend, baby, blend.  Then form into people.  Or Christmas trees, reindeer, angels… Heck, why not go crazy making yourself a little Gingerbread World?

Changing subjects…

Remember Picture Day at school?

It was a big deal, right? Some random photographer got control over how you’d be remembered for years to come. (Thank goodness, at least, for Picture Re-take Day.) Luckily, with Christmas cards, I get to have a little (read: a lot) more control. ‘Course, if we don’t get them ordered and mailed out soon, it might turn into a Valentine’s Day card!

sisters

We narrowed it down to these two.

knmhat2

Above, CCK and the Mashed Potato Sister.

Poor dear; I am very sorry for your nickname. But you brought it upon yourself! Plus, I’m getting you back for all those years you called me ‘Has. (Has came from Tejas, which somehow came from Tatie, which came from Katie. My sister is a strange one… but I love her!)

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. Lindsay says:

These are too cute! I bet they are tasty too!

2. those men ARE handsome. i need me some 🙂

happy fridayyy!

3. Nice men! I like the second picture best. Last Friday for Flashback Friday I posted all of my school pictures from K-12, ending with my Glamour Shots-esque senior pic! Good times! 🙂

My nicknames haven’t been much, but Chrissy Wissy was one growing up that made me cry! Muppet and Raspberry Muppet came later in life, and I was Aunt Kiss to my cute niece when she was little.

1. Leslie says:

Aww, nieces give the best nicknames, I swear!

4. Albizia says:

I don’t mind seeing so many handsome men. *goes to see what’s inside* Mmm, I think I’m in love 😛

Which picture is better? Both pictures are gorgeous and I would choose the second one only because I prefer horizontal cards.

As for silly nicknames, I’ve had some I really hated but the one I still love is Harry which came from my first ever chatroom nickname harridan. It’s funny how people react when they hear someone calling me Harry 😀 .

5. abby says:

the christmas photos are sooooooo pretty! as are the gingerbread men, of course. you’re right, i could look at them all day :).

6. Leslie says:

Wow, talk about good genes, Katie! You two have such great smiles :). I like the first photo best, but both are cute.

7. Lisa C. says:

Mona Lisa. Figures, right? Kids aren’t too creative sometimes lol.

8. Inspired says:

Cute cute cute! Everything about this post is adorable. 🙂

9. Valerie says:

I think you look gorgeous in both photos. That doesn’t help much, does it? Oops sorry! 🙂 Maybe you should take a third photo: you WITH the gingerbread men ;).

10. Nina says:

you are so STINKING PRETTY. sheesh. save some gorgeousness for the rest of us will ya?!
    hahah but i like the second one! and those gingerbread men look deeeelish. i might have to try them after finals when i actuallllyy have a kitchen at home 🙂

1. Ok, it’s official. You are the sweetest girl in the world! Did you know? 🙂

11. GabyE says:

I love love love raw gingerbread men 🙂 and I made them this morning too! But, whenever I make a fudge baby, they are always sooooo sticky, they taste amazing anyway, but I can’t shape them or pack them. Do you know how I could fix this? Maybe my dates are really moist…should I add more nuts?

1. Heya girl,
      You could try adding more nuts. But what dates do you use? And what type of blender?

1. Adri says:

Katie, I was having the same stickiness issue with the fudgy babies, larabars, etc and added ground flaxseed to the mixture. Perfect result: not as sticky, every bit as yummy, and added bonus of Omega-3 goodness. I went with 1 tbsp per 90 g base recipe.

12. I love, love, love your gingerbread men Katie!! I soooo remember them from last year.

The first picture gets my vote.

Um, nicknames? Yeah, we don’t discuss that sort of thing online 🙂

13. Both pictures are cute, but the second one is my favorite. 🙂

14. I don’t think I’ve ever had any silly nicknames……..how boring!
    Those gingerbread men look really good!!!!

15. Oh my gosh girl, these look delicious and simple to make! I’m gonna put these on the cookie plates I give out to friends. Have an awesome Friday 🙂

16. I totally know how you feel about the weather! I live in Louisiana. It was freezing just two days ago, yesterday it was actually hot, and now it feels like Fall. Never a boring day! I pick picture # 2 (but they are both gorgeous!). And my nicknames have been (and some still are)…Julia Goolia, Jules, JuJu Bean, & JuJu & Jay. Gotta love all the ppl who called me Julia Goolia…”Thanks a lot.” 🙂

1. Hahahahaha The Wedding Singer is SUCH a cute movie :).

17. Brandie says:

Oooh those look good! I’ll have to try them on Junior – always lookin for healthy raw snack ideas that a toddler will love, Thanks!!! 🙂 And the 2nd pic is better! 😉

18. Sarah Courtney says:

CC Katie,
    My sister gave me the weirdest nicknames; all are food related haha!
    Fruitcake is one of her favorites when she is implying me doing something silly.
    Chiquita is a name that has been making a resurgence the past couple years; not sure where this came from. She is Anne so it would seem Chiquita would fit much better with her name (like Anna banana) right.
    Then the most used is Berrie; a mutant name of Sarie Berrie.

My mom has been assigned dessert for Christmas dinner and I keep hinting *ginger bread* in emails and text messages. She makes this dense rich gingerbread cake with homemade whipped cream. I DIE! I think a vegan raw version would be just as satisfying and yummy but I doubt anyone else in the Courtney family would agree. (lame).

-Sarah Courtney
    “Berrie”

1. Fruitcake? LOL our sisters could be good friends, it seems.
      I don’t think I’ve ever had gingerbread cake. How sad is that?!

-Katie
      “Tator Tot” 🙂

19. Both pictures are great, but I think I like the first one better!