Cauliflower Chicken Nuggets?

Howdy, chocolate truffles!

Yesterday, I tried to make healthy chocolate brownies.

Emphasis on the word tried. Luckily, dinner made up for it:

NYC2010 1316

I am in love with this: Bread-Free Vegan Stuffing.

I make it at least twice a month, and I’ve even started cooking a double batch now (to yield four large servings instead of two). I bought a giant pan just for that recipe.

NYC2010 1318

Along with the stuffing: whole-wheat toast and roast cauliflower with bbq sauce.

Lately I cannot keep my hands away from roasted cauliflower. It’s just so good, especially dipped in the barbecue sauce! Reminds me of chicken nuggets, which is weird because I never really liked those. I just liked the barbecue sauce.

Cauliflower Nuggets

(easiest recipe ever)

• raw cauliflower
  • roasting pan
  • optional: barbecue sauce

Whatcha do: Cut the cauliflower and spread out on the roasting pan. Turn the oven on to 400 degrees (no need to pre-heat) and stick the pan in there for 30-50 minutes. Then set the oven to “high broil” and broil 2-3 more minutes, depending on how crispy you like it. (I usually turn the oven completely off after this and leave the cauliflower inside for another 20 or so minutes.) Serve with your favorite bbq sauce or ranch dressing, for dipping.

Really good with Crazy-Good Ranch Dressing.

Tags: , , ,

1. That cauliflower looks awesome!! I totally get the whole bbq sauce thing. I do the same thing with roasted tofu. Also reminds me of chicken nuggets!

2. Albizia says:

Every chef fails sometimes. But nobody’s perfect and we all must learn from our mistakes. I bet the brownies will be even better than you wanted to make them when you finally succeed 🙂 .

I eat a lot of things that make can make me feel bad afterwards but most of the time it’s worth the risk 😛 .

3. Aimee says:

Yes! Cold things. I KNOW I’m gonna feel cold after eating ice cream, but I still do it in the winter (which I might have mentioned in one of your previous posts) because it tastes so good and is worth feeling cold!

1. Aimee says:

Oh, and that protein fudge DOES sound genius, as does your pb version. Chocolate-pb is ALWAYS genius :).

4. Gina says:

I tend to go a little hog wild when cake is around, even though I know all that sugar is not gonna leave me feelin’ so hot afterwards.

1. Leslie says:

Me too! Cake is my weakness. It’s the frosting that really gives me a headache. But so worth it!

5. Katie,
    You know I’ve been there with the cauliflower. Ouch! 🙁

I am missing all thing cruciferous right now – they bother the babe’s stomach. Hope to try your roasted cauli BBQ recipe someday. So easy and sounds delicious! 🙂

6. Veggies actually do that to me too… they’re just so bulky!! Green monster smoothies tend to it to me, too. And yes, defintely keep us updated on that brownie recipe 🙂

7. Mia says:

Ooo yum! I’m trying the roasted cauli today. I just bought a head of it yesterday and was wondering what I’d do with it!

8. Camille says:

I definitely overeat broccoli. Once I ate 4 heads in one sitting and I had a fiber bellyache for a good 24 hours afterward!

1. Woah, 4 heads?Two heads are better than one, but four? lol

9. I love roasted cauliflower! It totally changes the taste for the better.

10. Anytime I am about to eat a sugary dessert — I tell myself that I am going to feel ill later on, but for some reason I always decide the pain is worth it!!!

Same with the sugary, syrupy drinks at Starbucks — they make my stomach CHURN while drinking them, but I still get them once in a while because they taste so good! I need to stick to tea when I’m there!

11. Jenny says:

I usually overeat when I sit down to a plate of food that has clearly too much on it… I’m trying to gain weight so I tell myself I have to clean the plate every time! I’ve only recently been reminded that listening to your body is just as important. 🙂

I overeat… spinach! (Seriously!) Popeye and I would be great friends. (Although maybe not so much… He always ate canned spinach. Fresh is best!)

So simple but… it sounds so delicious, that recipe! I’ll definitely have to give it a try!

1. Tricia says:

I do the same thing! My doc says i should gain some weight before i run again, so i’ve been getting super bloated at mealtimes lol.
      I love spinach, but i’ve only once overdone it lol.

1. That’s why I like raw desserts! They’re calorically-dense so I can get in lots of calories and not feel bloated… and then I can save room for my beloved veggies :).

1. Tricia says:

Like raw fudge 😉 lol

12. That meal looks delicious! I love roasted cauliflower. I can easily over do cabbage, but I do it anyway. It is just so darn good. Sorry about the brownies. I tried to make a crockpot veggie pasta sauce that was clearly never going to make it to that status…so veggie soup it was. Tasty, but not what I needed it to be.

1. Sadly, the brownies can’t even turn into anything else. They forever erased my misconception that chocolate cannot be bad.

13. Lots of sweets/ ice cream can definitely have an ill effect on my tummy, but I eat them anyway!

14. My old boss used to make these Greek Walnut Cookies at Christmas time and they were sooo flippin delicious, but yet something in them made my lips itch…. but it was always so worth it each holiday!

15. The cauliflower looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!! I feel a little queasy after too many veggies or pb…..roughage or oil I guess!
    Can’t wait for the brownies! =D

16. Thomas Edison stated that when he was trying to make the light bulb, that he hadn’t failed 2000 times — he had found 2000 ways not to make a light bulb. Even though it seemed hopeless, he kept trying, and he achieved!! Never give up girl! I know you can do it. 🙂

1. Awwww that quote was just what I needed to hear! Although there is no way I’m gonna keep at it for 2000 tries of brownies lol…
      On second thought, it might make for a lot of yumminess in my house!

17. Meagan says:

Your fudge from yesterday looks awesome! I guess now I have no excuse not to buy Coconut butter.

I always overeat frozen green grapes… they are so good I can eat a whole bag at once!

18. I always overdo it on the veggies, that’s for sure! Whenever I have a large plate of veggies, I always try to make sure and pair it with a carb so my stomach doesn’t hate me.

I love roasted cauliflower!!

19. YO THAT HAPPENS TO ME WITH VEG all the time!! i make such HUGe portions and im like.. ‘Care, your gna have the major poops later’.. but i just cant help it

20. Yeah, I’ve overdone it on brussels and other veggies to the uncomfortable point too… too funny! I had to wipe a little drool up from your chocolate PB fudge… mmmmmm!