Chocolate-Raspberry Truffle Oatmeal

The Five Foods you Meet in Heaven

Can anyone guess mine? I’ll give you a hint. One starts with a Ch and ends in –ocolate. But another one is oatmeal. I even have a separate recipe tab:

raspberry oatmeal

Oatmeal Recipes

Under that tab are recipes for the likes of Snickerdoodle Oatmeal, Cookie Dough Oatmeal, and even Boston Cream Pie Oatmeal. I even have Christmas oats and Halloween oats. The problem is none of those are good for Valentine’s Day! 😕

vegan oatmeal

Chocolate-Raspberry Truffle Oatmeal (Or “Raspberry Cream Oats” if no chocolate)

• 1/3c uncooked rolled oats (40g)
  • 1 cup frozen raspberries (100g)
  • salt (I used very scant 1/4 tsp)
  • a little over 1 cup water or milk of choice (260g)
  • 1-2 tbsp creamer (I used 15g Silk)
  • optional: chocolate (We’ll get to that later)
  • sweetener I didn’t use any, but many people will want some.*

*In place of sugar, you can use the Melted Banana Trick.

Procedure: The night before, I microwave the oats, salt, and water in a large pyrex measuring cup for 3 minutes (2 minutes if using quick oats). Then I leave it in the microwave for 5 more minutes before transferring—uncovered—to the fridge. Next day, after running, I add the other ingredients (as well as 1 1/2 tbsp more water), stir, and microwave again until the raspberries melt into the oats.

chocolate oatmeal

Delicious without chocolate, but… This time, for fun, I stuck a square of 100% Ghirardelli (my favorite chocolate) in the hot oats. However, I didn’t take a photo of the ensuing chocolate melted mess… I was too busy devouring it! Godiva in a bowl.

What are your top 5 favorite foods?

Mine: kabocha, broccoli, coconut, especially (Vegan Coconut Fudge) and oatmeal and chocolate. Of course, chocolate!

Tags: , , ,

1. Sorry if this is double post, my computer is acting funny.

Top 5 foods: Bananas, Oatmeal, Peanut Butter, Avocados, Bacon 🙂

2. Stephanie says:

Top 5: Chocolate, Banana, Avocado, Sweet Potato, Peanut Butter

3. Albizia says:

Top 5… That’s a tough one. The first 5 that come on my mind will be the lucky winners. Bananas, coconut, broccoli, potatoes and cheese. Maybe they won’t be the same tomorrow but it doesn’t matter. And after I saw your breakfast I’m wondering why raspberries with white chocolate didn’t make it on the list 🙂 .

1. Yeah, raspberries *almost* made it onto my list too :).

4. Woah that oatmeal looks AWESOME. I love the idea of adding a chunk of chocolate… even just one adds flavor through the whole bowl!

5. wait im SO confusd.. so many people have been talking about Valentines day but don’t we have like 2 weeks?.. maybe im just very last minute! nonetheless I am loving this combo and will probably eat it BEFORE Valentines Day
    top five: greek yogurt, nut butters, oatmeal, cottage cheese, cinnamon or sf syrup!

1. Hahahaha yeah! But I have so many V-day recipe ideas that I have to start early! 🙂 🙂

6. Squash, nut butter, cheese, chocolate, and yogurt are my top five!

7. Jennie says:

My top five: oatmeal, almond butter, greek yogurt, mangoes, super dark chocolate.

Curious – do you use steel cut oats or rolled oats for your oatmeal recipes?

1. Oddly enough, I used Quaker quick oats for this recipe! Normally, I am in LOVE with Old Wessex Irish-Style Oats (a green container). I can’t recommend those highly enough. But I ran out, and this was all we had in the house. It was yummy, just the same :).

8. That oatmeal almost looks too good!!! Alright, top five foods:

1) Red Velvet Cupcakes
    2) Farro
    3) any type of soup
    4) Coffe, coffee, coffee
    5) trail mix

1. abby says:

me too! red velvet cupcakes! well, maybe not my top five, because i hardly ever eat them. too bad there aren’t more occasions calling for red velvet cupcakes in our everyday lives!

9. That oatmeal looks pretty! Very Valentine’s Day appropriate. 🙂
    My Top 5 Foods are: Peanut Butter, Chocolate, Mexican food, Bread, and cheese! <3 Mmmm…

10. Julia says:

Great oats!

I love pretty much any kind of sweet, bananas, pizza, all veggies!, and nut butters.

11. i feel like you could start your own valentines day business of some sort. i mean ‘chocolate covered _____’ screams love. ha!

1. abby says:

and sell fudge babies! 🙂

12. Leslie says:

That’s the most beautiful oatmeal I’ve ever seen!
    I can’t pick 5 favorite foods, because it changes. But chocolate is definitely always one :).

13. Camille says:

Top 5 foods: Bananas, chocolate, bread (good bread!), oatmeal, butternut squash.
    Now I am hungry again. 🙂

14. Jenny says:

It seems impossible to pin down 5 favourite foods! I’m amazed you managed to pick some — must’ve been difficult!

I can’t pick five… But my top seven would be: BREAD, blueberries, apples, carrots, chocolate, nut butter, and spinach. I have many other favourites obviously but those are the five things I’ve loved ever since childhood~

15. Heather says:

Dark chocolate, oatmeal, bananas, avocados and cheese!

I would have added peanut butter…but it appears I am developing an allergy:( How devastating!

16. eatandrun says:

Mmmm that first photo is my favorite. 🙂

17. Picking just five is hard . . . tofu, broccoli, clementines, corn tortillas, nutritional yeast (I count it as a food!).

18. Valentine’s Day is the best! I’m already wearing my holiday socks.

I really like pizza, burritos, asparagus, nut butters/nut bars/nuts, and sweet potatoes. Delicious question!

19. abby says:

i can’t pick just 5! i’m indecisive! ok, if you make me. ummm, chocolate, peanut butter, coconut butter (thanks to you), oatmeal, and bananas!

1. abby says:

oh and sweet potatoes. see, i can’t pick 5!

20. Yuuuuuum you’re making me crave oatmeal!
    My top five foods: