Single-Lady Carrot Cake Cupcake

Once upon a time, I devised a super-healthy cupcake to bring to a nursing home.

A Popularity Contest

Voted most popular? The 24-Carrot Cupcakes.

With their good-for-you stats and delicious taste, it seemed everyone in bloggieland wanted to be their friend. However, the cupcakes must’ve done something to fall out of favor with the “in” crowd; recently they’ve felt very lonely. How lonely? Why, single-lady lonely, of course!

vegan carrot cake cupcake

Single-Lady Carrot Cake Cupcake

(Serves One!)

• 30g (scant 1/4 cup) flour
  • 20g applesauce, oil, or pre-melted margarine (scant 1T plus 1 tsp)
  • a little over 1/16th tsp salt
  • about 1T shredded carrot (20g)
  • 1T water or milk of choice (or a little more if needed)
  • 1/4 tsp each vanilla extract, cinnamon, and baking powder
  • sweetener, such as 1 packet NuNaturals stevia or 2 tsp sugar

Combine all dry ingredients, then mix in liquid (including applesauce, if using). Transfer to a muffin tin, ramekin, or even a mini loaf pan. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 325F, for 12-15 minutes. Or try cooking it in the microwave!

See 24 carrot-cupcake post for nutrition information.

vegan carrot cupcake

I iced my carrot cupcake with Healthy Cream-Cheese Icing.

And added a little shredded carrot for panache.

Super Bowl Sunday

How did you spend your Sunday? Did you watch the Super Bowl?

Football’s not my favorite sport to watch (that’d be hockey). However, depending on the teams involved, I’m sometimes interested in the Super Bowl. This year, not so much. But I did go to a party… and I did bring along a healthy chocolate cake. More on that later this week! And thanks to everyone who weighed in on yesterday’s post. There didn’t seem to be any clear-cut winners, but I’d love to hear your thoughts if you haven’t yet left them.

Tags: , , , ,

1. Jennifer says:

Maybe it’s me and the fact that my brain doesn’t work on Mondays as well as it does on other days (if it ever does!), but are there any carrots in the cupcake itself?

I am, though, a great lover of carrot cake, so this is very exciting!

1. Oh my word! Thank you, Jennifer, for catching my mistake. LOL leave it to me to post a carrot cake recipe and forget the carrots! I fixed it. Talk about a case of the Mondays! 😕

1. Christin@purplebirdblog says:

That is hilarious! 😉 Totally something I would do… and not even on a Monday!

1. I’m just annoyed because I can’t fix the email that goes out to email subscribers! Oh well… lol

1. Jennifer says:

I must say that I am feeling much less confused. Thanks, Katie, for another great recipe!

2. Albizia says:

The concept of carrot cake is not very clear for me but I also thought there should be carrots in it. But carrot cake is not very popular on this side of the Earth 🙂 .

3. Girl, I watche dthe commercials and that was IT. I almost fell asleep during the approx. 3 minutes of the actual game that I watched;)

Slash carrot cake = my favorite! I made my own carrot cake on my birthday, and ohhh my goodness it lasted so long!

4. Ya gotta love easy single serving recipes especially for favorite baked treats! This looks perfectly delicious! We watched mindless tv last night and played scrabble instead of football. Perfect night if you ask me. Have a great day Katie!

1. Ok, next year I’m ditching my friends to play scrabble with you! 🙂

1. It’s a date! You bring the cupcakes!

5. VeggieGirl says:

OOOh that looks divine!

The super bowl was yesterday? 😉

6. Gen says:

That looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My dad watched the Super Bowl ,but it started at like 8:30 PM here.

7. The cupcake is so cute!

I missed Christina singing but I heard about it — I’m sure she is super embarrassed today, I would be! I thought the BEP sounded terrible, did their microphones not work right? The dancing was cool though.

I loved the Darth Vader/VW commercial and the one where the guy is told “you hit reply all” and then runs around slapping laptops out of everyone’s hands. Ha!

1. Oh my gosh, I felt exactly the same way! I love the BEPs and was so excited they were the 1/2-time show… but then they started singing (if you can call it that?) and it was awful :-?.
      And the Darth Vader commercial was one of my favorites, too :). (And I liked the reply all one too… you have good taste!) So many of the other ones were trying to get laughs with violence. Apparently violence is funny now?

1. For some reason I felt compelled to come back and tell you this — one of my least favorite commercials was the Kim Kardashian Shape-Ups one — I just get annoyed with those shoes in the first place and I hate to think that people will think she keeps her body in shape with those worthless shoes.

2. Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free says:

That was my favorite commercial, too! So cute! Reminded me of my little brother 😉

8. Eric Jaffa says:

Why bash Christina Aguilera over a small mistake in a live performance?
    ============================
    ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — Christina Aguilera says she flubbed a line as she belted out the national anthem at the start of the Super Bowl after getting lost in the moment and losing her place.

She says in a statement, “I can only hope that everyone could feel my love for this country and that the true spirit of it’s anthem still came through.”

9. Those look scrumptious! Love carrot cake.

Yep, watched the superbowl a little.

10. Maria says:

That baby carrot cake looks perfect! I wonder how he’d feel in my tummy…

11. I love single serving desserts 🙂 Thanks for all these recipes!

12. eatandrun says:

Yummy that looks so good!

13. Leslie says:

I’ve been waiting for this cupcake recipe for my whole life! I didn’t even know it ;). Will definitely be making this today, and I’ll let you know how it goes. Thanks, Katie!

14. this is why i am in love with you

1. Not as much as I am in love with you just for being you :). P.S. emailed you!

15. Hannah says:

I know you probably get this all the time….BUT YOU ARE AMAZING!
    No seriously, you are! In my very short blogging life, I can honestly say I find myself on your page every time I open up my computer. I am now a fan of baby-making (and one has even taken the spotlight on my header!), and my list of “To-make” has grown about a page longer, haha.
    To top that all off, I told my roommate last night that I really wanted some carrot cake, and I was super excited when I saw that’s what your post was about today!

Wow, long comment….but I had to tell you how amazing you are!

1. Sweetest long comment ever! Aw Hannah, thank you so much for your sweet words. And lol your header is SO cute! Love the baby flower!! 🙂

16. Sable says:

I went to the gym during the Superbowl (would’ve watched if my team was playing but honestly I didn’t care who won!) — it was MARVELOUS. I had the place to myself. There was *one* other person there.

17. Gina says:

Perfection for one is more like it! Now I just need to experiment with a gluten-free flour in this recipe and my belly will be one happy camper 🙂

18. abby says:

i hate football. but i love carrot cake! i’m writing this one down as a must try! 🙂

19. I did go to a Superbowl party but I missed the national anthem! Now that everyone’s talking about it, I guess I need to go find a video.

20. Cat says:

Must try this recipe tonight… I can’t say we were too into the game last night since the only football I really like watching is college football. Instead of the traditional superbowl food we went for your roasted cauliflower nuggets, some veggie crudite and wine. Who says football parties can’t be fancy? 🙂

I have to say my fav commercial was the Audi one with the jail for “old money” along with the “Reply All” one. Particularly bc I’ve made that mistake myself!