Cake Batter Pizza?

From what I can tell, a successful kids’ birthday party has three components:

1. Presents.
2. Pizza.
3. And cake. Emphasis on the cake!

Why not save time and energy by combining two of the three?

Cake Batter Pizza
(Serves 1-2)

• 70 grams (1/2 cup) flour (I used two parts spelt flour to one part coconut flour. White flour or whole wheat pastry flour work too. You can also make a Gluten-Free Version.)
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • sweetener (such as 2 tbsp sugar or 2 nunaturals stevia packets)
  • 100 grams (a little under 1/2 cup) water or other liquid, such as juice or milk of choice
  • 32g (2 tablespoons) coconut oil, or applesauce for a fat-free version (or try using pumpkin, canola oil, mashed banana, or even baby food!)
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • optional, for a buttery “cake” flavor: 1/4 tsp butter extract (It’s vegan)
  • A few handfuls of sprinkles

Cook in an un-preheated oven at 400F for 14-15 minutes or until done. Leave out 10 minutes before cutting around the sides and then transferring to a plate. (Note: be sure to spray your cake pan. If you have trouble with a pizzert that sticks to the pan, try putting it onto a sprayed or oiled baking sheet instead, and use a rolling pin to flatten.)

See original pizzert post for: Calories and Nutrition Facts.

pizza cake 4

I made this for my little friend who loves spwinkles (her way of saying “sprinkles”). Hanging out with little kids gives you the chance to act like a little kid, yourself. And if–by the end of the night–you’ve not been “spwinkled” out, you can always chase down your dessert pizza with:

cake batter milkshake

The famous Cake Batter Milkshake.

Do you like pizza?
What are your favorite toppings? Aside from sprinkles, of course!

Tags: , , ,

1. VEGirl says:

Mushrooms, olives, and broccoli are my favorite pizza toppings! I have also put peanut butter in leftover pizza with great results. My mom always put broccoli on homemade pizza when I was a kid. It was sure a hard blow when I later learned that not everyone does that :). LOL!

2. Freya says:

I don’t like pizza at all, but THAT is the kinda pizza I could eat!! So pretty!

3. Ah again this is so colorful and yummy looking! Looks fun to eat too!

4. I love hummus, artichoke, peppers, onions and spinach! Love the cake batter creation! That is tons of fun on a plate! YUM!

5. Ahhhhh! My arms literally flung into the air upon seeing the first pic of this post! Who can think of savory pizza toppings when staring at that beauty?! Love it!

6. Yum!! I loveee pizza! :) My favorite pizza to make in the summer is a margarita pizza with marinara, mozzarella, fresh tomatoes, and basil.

7. Oh my goodness! Could this be considered breakfast cuz it’s about that time and I want some!! :)

8. Debra says:

My kids would so love this!

9. that looks so colorful! i might have to try this with a 2lb bag of coconut flour being sent to me lol. one can only make so many muffins!

10. These look amazing! Katie, you never cease to amazing me! I’ll definitely be making this for breakfast in a few days! :-)

11. Oh my I’m going to have to make this! Do you think coconut butter instead of oil would work?

1. Yes, as long as it’s melted first (i.e. soft), I think it would be fine! :)

12. On Pizza, I love VEGGIES!!! 😀 Now, if you’re talking Pizzerts…….CHOCOLATE!!!!! 😀 I love Nut Butters, especially Peanut Butter on a Chocolate Pizzert, and I like to mix the toppings. :) CANDY BARS seem to inspire my Pizzerts. 😉

You are so smart Katie! 😀

xoxox
    Kathleen

13. Jess says:

ugh, it looks so good! must have…maybe tomorrow b/c i have so much on my plate today :). i have some red bean paste to use, and i don’t want it to go bad.

14. I am drooling. Looks SO darn good!! And butter extract?! Lol you really DO get everything over in America!! 😛

Pizza?! Nah, I’d take pizzert instead any day!! With coconut butter and chocolate chips on top! 😀

1. LOL yeah they think of everything. Know what’s even scarier? Butter extract is actually vegan! I emailed Wilton, and they told me so!

1. Haha well in deprived England we just get a few normal ones, like vanilla, lemon etc. It does make you wonder what it’s made from! 😛

15. Hannah says:

This just makes me want to have a party right NOW!!
    Who says every day can’t be a celebration??
    I like pizza but it has got to have GOOD crust. no white flour doughy mess; real, the whole wheat stuff. and I like my pizza topped with lots of chunky tomato sauce and veggies. no cheese, please!

16. oh ps.. do you eat everything you make? cuz if so.. i would like to trade lives with you.. kay thanks

1. Hahaha well a lot of it goes to taste testers. As I wrote at the bottom of the post, this one was for the little sister of one of my friends. Whenever I go over to their house now, she meets me at the door and is like, “Make me something with spwinkles!” It is so freakin adorable!

Also, I often use bad experiments for the photoshoots, because for the food I actually am going to eat, I want it to stay cold/hot/not cut up ;). So, for example, the cookie dough oatmeal cake? lol that was a bad experiment! I made another one later that might not have looked as pretty but was much tastier!

17. katie says:

I just almost licked the screen !lol!! omg and I thought my smores pizzert was good! I was so wrong! This looks amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yummy!!

1. I think mine might look good, but yours sounds like it would TASTE better… maybe because yours has chocolate and mine does not? 😉

18. kathleen says:

It looks a lot like the dessert pizza my mom used to make all the time called “fruit pizza”. It was a sugar cookie crust, cream cheese frosting and then you’d place brigtly colored ruit in consecutive circles. Kiwi, mandarin oranges, black or red grapes. It was delicious and gorgeous.

19. THIS LOOKS AMAZING!!! I love pizza, however I am boing I like cheese pizza! Well cheese pizza is second to dessert pizza, i love going to cicis and getting the apple crumb pizza!!! yummyy