Healthy Bake Sale

“Bake Sale for Japan” Update:

Want some Cinnabon Caramel Corn? Um yeah, I do too!

vegan cinnabon corn 3-28-11 (5)

Here’s what’s been donated so far: List of Baked Goods

For all who’ve asked, this is a list of all the items donated so far. If you’ve donated something and it’s not written down, it probably means my greedy spam filter ate your email. (Sorry ‘bout that. Mr. Spam Filter gets hungry too!)

To those of you who’ve donated baked goods: although I haven’t had time to email you all back personally, please know: I’m so grateful to everyone who’s donated something. If you still want to donate, email me by this Friday, at chocolatecoveredkatie@msn.com, with the name of your recipe (and optional link), a photo, and where you’re willing to ship.

1. I just got a haircut since my hair was so long and it would get all naughty too! I hated brushing it after a shower especially! Now it feels healthier and I love it! I’m excited forthe bake sale! 🙂

2. YAY! your hair looks great!!! i love haircuts- makes me feel so refreshed!
    OH MY GOSH.. you do not wnt to know my worst haircut.. when i was in kindergarten friend and I decided to cut each others hair and well we had to go to the salon to fix it- I ended up with a mushroom cut above my ears… she ended up bald.. …

3. Freya says:

Looking gorgeous!
    I got a blunt fringe last year and HATED it! I spent 3months pinning it back, it was awful :'(
    But now it’s been over a year, and I need a haircut real bad..

1. Hehe I love love love how in the UK “bangs” are called “fringe.” 🙂 🙂

P.S. I thought your guest post was SO incredibly brave!!

1. Freya says:

At least fringe makes sense 😛 what has bangs got to do with hair LOL!?
        And thank you! I admire Gena so much so was so honoured she asked me, especially as it’s something I feel strongly about 🙂

4. I love the haircut! It looks so healthy 🙂 My worst haircut might have been when I chopped it short as a boys… or when I got bangs… and the list could on. Haha!

5. emily says:

super cute hair, Katie! Usually my hair isn’t hard to cut…it’s completely straight with no crazy layers. I did have a weird cut last year, where she cut it too short (it’s super thick), and I labeled it “the mushroom cut.” haha. 😉

6. I love it! 🙂
    Yes, I once had a stylist chop off 8 inches of my hair when I’d asked for a trim of under an inch… and right before prom!! She was like, “I thought it would look so much cuter this way.” She just went at it and it was too late. Ugh, I was devastated. Now I understand it’s just hair, but back then it felt like the end of the world!

1. Faith @ lovelyascharged says:

I had the same thing happen to me, but not before prom (thank goodness!) Apparently, the man I went to interpreted “I’d just like a trim, please” to mean “please hack off half my hair so that I look like a 12 year old boy”. I was BAWLING that day in class!

7. Cute haircut! I’m so sorry about your perm horror story! The worst haircut I got was at a cheap hair cut place where they did a bad job cutting the angles around my face. Instead of angling the pieces from my chin to my shoulder in an ANGLE…it looked block-like…just like stairs. I don’t know if that makes sense, but it looked so bad! I wore my hair in a pony tail until I could get another hair cut to fix it 😛

8. joanna says:

OH GOODNESS! That perm thing happened to me too – in 5th grade! And it was at a Horst salon – known for the famous Aveda natural products (and not a cheap place, may I add)! I got coupons for 18 months worth of haircuts, some products to slick down those little hairs (ewwwwwwwwww), and a nice red face from crying! Horrifying!

1. My place wouldn’t even give me my money back for the perm! Can you believe it?!

9. Jennifer JCD says:

Love the haircut, Katie!

I’ve had some haircut horrors, one that left me with a bowl cut in junior high. Ick. Thankfully, hair grows out so bad haircuts never last too long. 🙂

I’m working on baking a few things today so I can send you pictures for the bake sale. I’ll post it on Facebook too so my friends can bid on items if they wish to do so.

10. Emily says:

My boyfriend decided to get his longer ‘do shortened. He explained to the girl what he wanted, but what he was left with was a scalping! The poor guy almost looked like a skinhead. He was mortified and swore off going to “Hair Butchery” ever again. However, after a couple of weeks it grew out into a good look, he even ended up with this adorable sweep at the front. He’s such a cutie now!

11. I love your hair! I made the mistake of letting a friend cut my hair once. Never again!

12. I had the worst haircut in 2nd grade…chopped my hair off to the top of my ears and then got a perm! what was I thinking and why did my mom allow it?!!

13. Love your new hair cut, I need to get one BADLY! My hair is soooo long, the longest it’s been my whole life! I usually just throw it up into a ponytail or bun because it blows all over the place and gets in the way! haha

14. I love! I need a haircut so. badly. Knots up the wazoo!

15. cute haircut, girly! I need one badly too. ANDYOURCARAMELCORNLOOKSAMAZING.

16. Gen says:

I LOOVE the haircut! 😀
    Once, when I was little, the lady who was cutting my bangs was talking while doing so and I ended up with jagged, uneven bangs!

17. Tara @The Game of Life says:

18. Tara @The Game of Life says:

19. I love getting haircuts!!! I haven’t really had a bad haircut, but I have a funny story. One day my dog sassy died, and i was so sad my mom thought she would cheer my up with a haircut. Well I got my haircut and the lady said oh don’t you look sassy…. My dead dogs name…. After she finished! It was terrible, but funny now!!

I love what your doing for japan!!

20. Like your hair! Luckily, I’ve never had a bad haircut really:)