Carrot Cake in a Bowl

What’s up doc?
In a former life, I was Bugs Bunny.

I even have a special recipe tab: My Carrot Cake Recipes.
Now, there’s one more for the list:

carrotbowl1

This is based off of the wildly-popular Banana Bread in a Bowl.

And you get a vegetable serving from this breakfast!

carrotbowl2

Carrot Cake in a Bowl
(serves 1)

• 1 banana (I used frozen)
  • 1 cup milk of choice
  • 1 cup flake cereal (I used spelt flakes) (You can use gluten-free)
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 large carrot, peeled
  • dash salt
  • optional: you can also add some coconut butter or oil

Steam the carrot first, then combine all of the ingredients in a food processor, blender, or Magic Bullet. Blend until smooth. Now eat! Optional: top with walnuts, shredded carrots, cinnamon, and/or raisins.

See original post for Calories and Nutrition Info.

For my next carrot-cake magic trick, in honor of Bugs Bunny, I’ll make carrot cake ice cream. After all, I like putting vegetables in my ice cream, as I proved when paying homage to another favorite cartoon character—Popeye!

mint ice cream

Spinach Ice Cream

Question of the Day:
Growing up, who were your favorite cartoon characters?

Mine were Bugs Bunny, Popeye, and Pluto. Remember my Pluto Cupcake?

Oh, and I always rooted for Tom to eat that annoying mouse, Jerry. (Would you ever have guessed I’d later become a vegan?)

Tags: , , , , , , ,

1. AHAH whats up doc.. best intro ever
    WOAh love how you blended the cereal! creative!!!!!!!
    i would have to say……. SCOOBY DOO!!
    LOVED HIM way too much than whats appropriate…
    ps i may or may not have a giant stuffed scooby doo thats taller than me…….

2. ps.. 1st comment? i feel special

1. Haha Carrie, you ARE special ;).

3. McKella says:

I loved Donald Duck, but I was more into puppets than cartoons. I have all four seasons of Fraggle Rock on DVD.

4. This sounds like a perfect breakfast!

5. I HAD BANANA BREAD IN A BOWL THIS MORNING specially cos I knew you were posting this today!! And cos I love it of course! 😀

I loved the PowerPuff girls. I have a PowerPuff girls mug, and a PowerPuff girls lunchbox (which I still use…! :P)

1. Haha you know me too well!! I am SUCH a child!! I also have a Peter Rabbit bedspread that I still use…but lets keep that between us, k? 😉

1. Ok. I won’t tell anyone. So basically only you, me, and everyone else who reads my blog will know. Is that cool with you? 😉 😉

1. Hela says:

😀
            Love Peter Rabbit, too!

6. I was a HUGE fan of the classic Mickey and Minnie Mouse or even the Disney Princesses as I secretely believed that I too was an actual princess, hahaha!

7. i’m not even sure I had a favorite cartoon character! Eeeek, some childhood…. ALthough I do remember watching Tom and Jerry Kids with my brother haha.

looks delish as always

8. Hannah says:

Pebbles from the flintstones was one of my favorites!
    Mmm…I cant wait to try carrot cake in bowl:)

9. I was all about whinnie the pooh haha. I love carrot cake, so that is perfect way for me to get my craving! :)

10. Carrot Cake in a Bowl looks fab! I love Carrot Cake!
    As a kid my favorite cartoon characters were Road Runner (meep, meep!) and Bugs Bunny (What’s up, doc?). 😛

11. Kimberley says:

Hahah LOVE the intro! And your a genius… just saying :)

12. Gen says:

I looved bugs and goofy. 😛
    That oatmeal looks soooooo awesome!! I bet even my mom would eat it (and she hates oats!)

13. Carrot makes everything so dessert-like. Love it!

My favorite was Garfield. And – like my fav cat – I love lasagna. :)

1. s says:

haha i loved garfield too 😀

14. Carrots are my fave.. eat them EVERY day.. am very interested in finding out how they will taste in my morning oats!

My favorite cartoon character was Snoopy!

15. I am most definitely making your carrot cake in a bowl! I’ve made carrot cake oatmeal before with shredded carrot, but I never thought to cook/steam the carrot first.
    After you steam it, do you wait for it to cool or run it under cold water before blending it?

1. I usually just throw it in, hot. It’s not a big amount, so it doesn’t heat the rest of the cereal (especially since I’m using a frozen banana). But I think your idea to run it under cold water is a great one… I’ll try it next time! :)

16. Dalai Lina says:

What a great way to use the 2 pounds of carrots in my fridge from my CSA. Now, ice cream – you put that right into your ice cream maker? You are very creative!

1. I actually just use the vita mix for the ice cream. I do have an ice cream maker… but I am embarrassed to admit I always forget to use it. I think it’s in my garage :(.

17. Love this recipe!!!! I remember growing up I LOVED Animaniacs. I used to play the old video game with my brother all the time and we would have a picnic every time we went into the WB store. They had a bunch of cool set-ups for the show and such. Yup, I was pretty into them!

1. Anamaniacs… I loved that theme song! I think I played the game once and was lousy at it, though lol.

18. Yum! Carrot cake is probably one of my top 5 favorite desserts! I’ve got to try this – you’re recipes are always spectacular!

My favorite cartoon characters were Babs and Buster from Tiny Tunes. We’re tiny, we’re tooney, we’re all a little looney, and in this cartooney we’re invading your TV! Ha! I’ll be singing that all day now!

1. Aw darn it, and now I will too! 😉

19. Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free says:

I always feel like carrot cake needs to be topped with coconut butter…..mmm….

fav character-the telly tubbies! I LOVED the little red one-Po….