Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pancakes

pancakes cookies

Chock full of hearty oats and melty chocolate chips, you’ll feel like you are eating cookie dough for breakfast!

Hmm. The same can be said for my Cookie Dough Baked Oatmeal.

I guess I just really like chocolate for breakfast.

cp

No, I didn’t really top my pancakes—the ones I actually ate—with chocolate syrup. But I’d cooked a batch the day before and put them in a plastic bag to stay fresh. Well, silly me didn’t know that if you cover a batch of pancakes, they get gooey-moist and go bad. No worries; I now had a whole batch of pancakes to use for a crazy photo shoot. So the pancakes didn’t go to waste. (I hate wasting food.) And the next day, I quickly made up a new batch to eat for real.

Cookie Dough Pancakes

(Serves 1-2)

• 1/3 cup spelt or white flour (40g)
  • 1/3 cup rolled oats (40g)
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract and optional 3 drops almond extract
  • pinch stevia OR 2 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder (and optional pinch baking soda for flavor)
  • 1/2 tsp ener-g egg (or just add extra baking powder)
  • up to 1/2 cup water or milk of choice
  • chocolate chips!

Mix all the dry ingredients. (This can be done days in advance.) Put liquid ingredients into dry, then stir. Cook on medium-low, flipping 1/2-way through.

For more recipes: 19 Healthy Pancake Recipes

pancakes

Tags: , , , ,

1. Lenna says:

I love pancakes with oats, I always make them like this and they taste much much better! I also like to add pumpkin or pear puree, it is oure heaven:)

2. Love chocolate for bfast :) I just had a cookie crumbled over my smoothie this morning!!!

3. Elle says:

Oh yes, These are on my MUST list. Gorgeous.

4. IVE been in a HUGE pancake mood for a while- this just confirmed my craving!
    OW OW!

5. YES!!! I love chocolate at breakfast!!! Like My Peanut Butter Banana CHOCOLATE Chip Pancakes! :) Gosh, I love how yours look just like cookies! :)

6. HAHAHAH I LOVE YOUR WARNING!

7. Megan says:

SO delicious! You are so creative! I love trying new varieties of pancakes and this is on my list for sure. Thanks for all the healthy and fun ideas!

8. McKella says:

I used to eat chocolate for breakfast several times a week when my usual breakie was oatmeal or pancakes, but lately I’ve been sticking to peanut butter toast and fruit. Simple, fast, makes me feel good. Sometimes I follow it up with a square of Endangered Species though.

9. Lisa Fine says:

Yum!

I never have chocolate at breakfast, and tend to crave it after lunch or dinner. If my breakfasts are too sweet, I get super thirsty, so I save chocolate for later in the day when I’m more hydrated.

10. Casey says:

Hey Katie! I’ve been reading your blog the last few days and just saw your post on Bliss Cafe. I haven’t been there yet, but I’m dying to go! Are you in Dallas?

11. VeggieGirl says:

I’m mesmerized by how amazing those look.

12. These look so fluffy! I love a good chocolate chip pancake. Who says naughty can’t be healthy? 😉

13. Hela says:

I am so gonna make this tomorrow!! I don´t have chocolate every day, but I surely do have oats every day :)

14. Susan G says:

Yes! We always put chocolate chips in our oatmeal.

15. I just had chocolate for breakfast 😀 Those pancakes are still drool worthy even though I just ate, haha.

16. Katherine says:

Does cocoa powder count? On my morning cereal?

1. Cocoa counts in ANY form ;).

17. Ellie says:

No joke, I eat your oatmeal cookie pancakes AT LEAST once a week! I’ve put raisins in, but never chocolate. Yummmmmmy!

18. Dalai Lina says:

Funny, this morning I just bribed my kids to eat their breakfast (new gluten free waffles I got to try and they hated) with chocolate chips…what kind of mom am I? It’s not like I was making them eat raw swiss chard. At least they were dark chocolate chips.

1. LOL! My mom always had to bribe me to drink my milk by making it chocolate milk. I would NOT drink plain milk. Hmmm… some things don’t change ;).

19. Erin says:

I cannot judge. I had ice cream for breakfast yesterday. I want these pancakes now!

1. Ice cream for breakfast? Ooo such a smart cookie. Literally (judging by your blog name and avatar photo hehe)!