Chocolate Cookie Ball Pops

Man cannot live on chocolate alone.
But woman can.

And Katie totally can.

cake pop

Everything’s better covered in chocolate. Cookie Ball Pops are no exception.

Well, maybe broccoli is an exception.
But this post isn’t about broccoli; thank goodness.

cakeball

It’s about chocolate-covered Cookie Ball Pops.

These pops look super-elegant, like they came from a gourmet candy store. Therefore, they are a perfect party gift because—in reality—they’re so easy to make! A few days ago, I brought a batch to a friend’s graduation party, and people went crazy. It was as if I’d brought something, well… not-so-legal. (I swear, I didn’t put any rum in the cookie ball pops!)

Chocolate Cookie Ball Pops

First melt chocolate chips or a bar.
You can use any chocolate. I used PMS Chocolate.

Take the cookie ball pops out of the freezer and dip them in the melted chocolate. Then place them on parchment paper and rush those balls back to the freezer so they can get… yikes, I am not going to finish that sentence! 😕

Oh yeah, and you can throw in some sprinkles too.

cake pop

Moving on…

Two months ago, I discovered the wonders of the Gawkerverse.

At first, it was a frustrating world; they rejected all my photos! But rejection is ultimately a good thing in that it forces you to WORK HARDER. It also makes the moments all the more sweet when you finally achieve acceptance.

That’s not to say I don’t have a lot to learn about photography. I only this year realized it’s one of my passions. So obviously I still know very little about the genre. I’d love to take a class—if ever I get a free moment in my life! For now, I’m just having fun exploring different camera settings and making up my own (perhaps unorthodox) form in terms of “styling.” I never knew that food photography was such an art! It’s funny; I now  find myself not even noticing the actual food in photos. I’m too busy taking in the backdrop, the props, the color scheme, and any number of other artsy aspects of the pictures.

Anyway, there’s now a banner on right side of my blog, if you’re interested in checking it out. I jump up and down like a crazy girl whenever I receive the “your photo has been accepted” email from the lovely folks at foodgawker. It’s such a thrill to see my little photos alongside some incredible others—many taken by professional photographers. I owe foodgawker so much for inciting, in me, a passion I never knew existed until two months ago!

bowls2-200x200

Click the image to see: My photo gallery.

Do you like taking photos?
And do you like looking back at old photos?

Until recently, I never cared about the quality of my photos. But I’ve always loved taking pictures, just because they offer lasting memories and it’s so much fun to look back.

Baby photos, or even high school and my Prom photos.

Tomorrow: I want to feature YOU! 🙂

Tags:

1. kate says:

Wow those look delicious! In relation to your raw cookie dough recipe, I tried an oatmeal bar last night made with mainly date puree and it was AWESOME. I’m so excited to include it in recipes in the future. I love periodically taking out pictures from the past..usually to laugh at how ridiculous I looked!

2. Emily says:

Gooorrrggeeoouuss photos! But really, I don’t think you could make chocolate covered cookie dough look bad if you tried.

1. Haha I think that goes for all chocolate in general! 🙂

3. krickit6 says:

Your photos TOTALLY look professional! You’re doing a great job, Katie!! 🙂 🙂 🙂

4. Leslie says:

Oh my stars, that first photo is INCREDIBLE!
    Off to check out the rest of your foodgawker gallery…

5. Gen says:

Those look yummy!!!! And your gallery is amazing! 😀

6. Jenny says:

Wow so glad you posted this!! I have been looking at foodgawker for 3 years now and just thought that they scanned blogs for the best photos. I never thought you had to submit! Silly me..haha. So excited now 🙂

7. Emily K. says:

Katie, I love your foodgawker gallery. It’s gorgeous. And I agree with everyone else. Your photos DO look professional!

8. katie k says:

I just wrote this morning about how photos can bring back floods of great memories and allow you to cherish them so much more. I’m getting into food photography a little myself, but hve tons to learn and explore. It is so much fun! Your photos have been looking SO great lately. I was wondering, did you get a new camera or did you just start playing around with settings? Do you use any sort of lighting set up, or just natural lighting?

1. Hey Katie!
      I actually have had this same camera for over a year now! But I used to shoot entirely on automatic, with flash. I feel like my photos instantly got better the moment I switched the flash off. 🙂

9. Sarah says:

Soooooo pretty! I think the raspberry fudge bite is my favorite. That raspberry just pops! But then again, the cookie dough pancakes, the strawberry shortcake, the cake batter milkshake? Oh heck, I can’t choose a favorite!

10. I love sprinkles!! 🙂

Your photos always look amazing!! 🙂 What kind of camera do you have?

11. Kailey @GardenGirl says:

You should be really proud of your work, Katie. I *HAVE* taken photography courses, and your photos are better than mine! You rock :).

12. Anonymous says:

I was wondering, does anyone know how foodgawker decides which photos make the front page and which ones go straight to the second page?

Does it depend on what time you submit them? Or is it that they put the best ones on the front page?
    I’ve submitted a lot of photos, and they took two. But both never made the front page and I was just curious if it was a timing thing or not?

1. Sorry, no clue! I landed on page 2, today. Sometimes I’m on page 2, sometimes page 1, even when I submit at the same time of day. So… yeah, no clue! I wish I knew too!

1. Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) says:

It has to do with how they process their submissions and if all of a sudden they accept 50 in an hour, you may never actually be on page 1. There are only what 20 spots on pg 1 (just guessing) but yeah, it’s just random how/when/how many submissions they process b/c as you know, your submission may sit pending for DAYS or it may be processed in a few hrs. you just never know!

13. Jennifer JCD says:

I must be in Heaven; those cookie pops look too good to be true!

Photography has been a love of mine for years but I’ve never been very good at it. Rather, I’ve never had much time to take out my good (35mm SLR) camera and practice. (I still use film, which can be difficult because you don’t get to see the photos until you develop them = slow learning curve.) I have made some really brilliant photos though, at leat I think so; they’re just hard to come by.

You, on the other hand, have become MUCH better at photography in the past year or so – well done!

14. Funny.. before I even read your entire post..I was thinking.. I need to comment to Katie on how much I love her photos of her food.. and how they are simply amazing! 🙂

15. Kate says:

Congrats on your pictures! Sorry if this is rude question, but do you use some kind of photoshop software on all your pictures?

Thanks,

Kate

1. Not rude at all!
      I have photoshop, and I ADORE it :).
      (p.s. a lot of people don’t know this, but if you tell them you’re a student when you buy it, you can get a HUGE discount!)

16. I think you take beautiful food pics. I only wish I had your skills. And the chocolate covered cake pops are adorable!

1. I think I need to cover some in fondant and make baby animal cookie ball pops… then they’ll REALLY be adorable! 🙂

17. I’d been noticing how much more professional your photos have been looking lately. They’re getting so much better -you can see that you’re learning quickly. Congratulations on your gallery, there are some delicious looking photos in it. I particularly like the ‘action shots’ of the syrup drizzles!

1. Haha me too! Those are the hardest to do… especially by yourself, because you have to pour the syrup with your left hand in order to hold the camera with your right!

1. I bet it is! Good job 🙂

18. Lilly says:

you are so very talented girl! amazing amazing amazing 😀

19. Jessica says:

Guess what, Katie? I am making cookie ball pops today! 🙂 Covered in chocolate or sure! Hoping this trend is here to stay :).

20. Jessica says: