Calling all Taste-Testers!

Too many desserts!

I know what you’re thinking: No such thing as too many desserts!

Well, there is if you’re trying to organize a page of Chocolate-Covered Recipes.

I have so many recipes, and they fit into so many different categories, that I’m at a loss in terms of how to best organize them. If anyone has suggestions, I’d love some feedback. I tried to re-organize–and update–the page. Here are some of the newest additions:

pancakes-cookies

Cookie Dough Pancakes

cookie-dough-popsquareish

Cookie Ball Pops

blonde

Chocolate-Chip Blondies

doughnutnotdone

Cake-Batter Doughnuts

bvc

Blue Velvet Cupcakes

Calling all taste-testers!

There are too many blondie variations floating around in my head:

• Replace the pb with coconut butter (or maybe chocolate-hazelnut or choc-pb?)
  • Sub jelly for the applesauce (and add a little extra) for PB&J blondies
  • Replace the applesauce with banana (and add a little extra) for banana bread blondies… ooh or sub pumpkin!
  • Add cocoa powder, for brownies (and maybe use black beans)
  • Sub chickpea flour for the beans (or even use oat flour or pastry flour)
  • Liquid sweeteners… will they come out too gooey? One reader said she had success with brown rice syrup.

Also, many of y’all asked if the blondies can be made without the flax. I’m guessing quick oats, oat bran, or even flour might work as a replacement. And two readers have had success subbing protein powder. But I’m getting burned out with blondie experiments (I want to move on to other recipe experiments).

Anyone want to try some of the variations (and report back) of the Genius Blondies?

Also, does the recipe page look better? I tried to make it more reader-friendly! 🙂

1. YES I’ve always wanted to be a CCK Taste Tester!! 😀 I’ll definitely test out these!! I’m SO testing the PB&J blondies today!! I’ll let you know how it goes!

And your new recipe page is GREAT! I love that you put a special diets section in you awesome thoughtful girl! 🙂

LOVE YOU have a great day! <3

2. Danielle says:

I’ve been reading your blog for a couple of months (love it!), but now I love it even more!!

My sister pointed out your college posts and it was hilarious reading them because I ALSO went to BMC for a year and then transferred to Emory for a bigger, co-ed school. Our stories are crazy similar. I ended up graduating Emory in 2008 and I’m so happy with my decision to transfer.

1. Oh my gosh, we must’ve missed each other by only a year! I was in Denbigh :). I’m glad I transferred too… although it would’ve been nice to have been on the other end of that Duck Pond Run trick! 😉

3. Melissa says:

I’d like to try making the blondies with liquid sweetener since there’s no such thing as too gooey in my book! 😉

4. the recipe page looks GREAT!! so colorful and everything makes me drool! id love to live in ur kitchen for a week so i cud just try EVERY single thing!

5. Vicki says:

I made the original chickpea blondies but instead of using any sugar, I used one banana. I kept everything else the same – the came out great. The banana made them super moist and not even my sweet-tooth husband noticed the missing sugar.
    Thanks for the recipe.
    cheers,
    vicki

1. Mary says:

You didn’t use any sugar at all? So just Katie’s exact recipe except for a banana in place of the sugar? Did you have to put any topping on them to make them sweet, like jelly or pb even?
      I’d love to try them this way, but I’m nervous they’ll not taste sweet at all!

1. Vicki says:

I just simply added in the chocolate chips at the end. The ripeness from the banana gave it enough sweetness. Now – I might have a different sweet tooth than many – I don’t add any sugar to my foods – mostly the only sweets I have are fruit. But if you’re unsure – just add some extra chocolate chips.
        I found the banana made the batter very creamy as well. Try it let me know what you think.

6. VeggieGirl says:

I’d LOVE to be a taste-tester!

1. Yay! Test away. I trust your tastebuds completely 🙂 :).

7. Val says:

I am trying out the brownie version right now. I’ll let you know how it turns out.
    Also if you are still looking for a way to organize your recipe page (although it looks great now!!) you could try organizing it by types of baked goods, like brownies, squares, muffins, cookies, milkshakes, pancakes etc instead of by mealtime (breakfast, main, dessert) because that way if people are looking for breakfast muffins, they can just look under muffins, or if they are looking for a specific dessert, they can look under cookies, or brownies or whatever. I do Love the special diet category though!!! Anyway that was just a suggestion because you asked for them, don’t feel like I’m telling you to do that. I think it looks great the way it is too!!!

1. Thanks Val! And I definitely like your category idea. I’ve done that with my dessert page, and hopefully I can get to the savory ones to organize them likewise… it’s a work in progress :).

8. Megan says:

Ohhh I’ll definitely try some variations of the blondies!
    Any excuse to make blondies is a good one. Ill let you know how they turn out! 🙂

9. Megan says:

Ill try some variations!
    Any excuse to make blondies is a good one in my book! I’ll let you know how they turn out! 🙂

10. All of these look amazing!!!!!!

11. Deanna says:

I could easily be convinced to try an almond butter, banana (maybe cocoa) version of these. If I can convince the kiddo, I’ll get on it!

12. Julie @ Shining From Within says:

The new recipe page looks great! I want cookie dough pancakes RIGHT. NOW. MmmMmMMM.. 🙂

13. Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) says:

I just reposted my white chocolate blondies minutes ago. They are not “healthy” but they sure are good. I’d love to help you taste test all of your blondie recipes. But only if you’re cooking. I’ll help with the dishes though 🙂

Chocolate Recipes. I have a post for mine, too! It helps me actually when I am looking over my own recipes b/c I have pictures corresponding to anything I’ve ever made that’s chocolate which is in that post, so I can do a visual scroll. Not sure if it helps anyone else, but it helps me…lol

Your new page looks awesome. Nothing like blog housekeeping and organizational projects to suck up a wee bit ‘o time, right?
    🙂

14. Katherine: Unemployed says:

whoah this is harder than testing; this involves making 😉

15. Holly @ The Runny Egg says:

The recipe page looks good!

PB&J blondies sounds super good — and so do the other variations as well!

16. I have just spent about half an our reading so many recipes! Now I have a food processor I cannot wait to try fudge babies (I tried them once in my blender and it did not end well)- so many lovely looking recipes, so little time! 🙂

17. Caley says:

I tried the Genuis Blondies and subbed Hazelnut and Chocolate butter for the PB. They were delicious! I was a little skeptical at first, so I pawned them off to my friends as “normal” brownies and everyone loved them— me included! Thanks for the recipe!

1. Ok, now I MUST try this. I can only imagine that Nutella blondies can’t be bad, right? 😉

18. kaila @ healthy helper! says:

Sounds like a great idea! If I get sometime I will definitely try out some blondies!

19. Katrina says:

I made the snickerdoodle blondies last night and used honey, (I’m not vegan) and they were great! So, liquid sweetener does work. 🙂 You could use maple syrup, that would be delish. 🙂 Great recipe! Thank you!!

1. Thank YOU for the feedback, sweetie pie (sweetie blondie? :))

20. Moni'sMeals says:

I know it is so difficult to start organizing recipes! I have hundreds myself. 🙂 Where to start?!

I made your Genius Blondies slightly different and I just tossed things in so I hope I can get them back because the were so great. But for sure I can tell you I added oatmeal, 1/2 banana, lots of pbutter, and everything else was the same. 🙂

1. Ugh, I hate when I forget to measure (or am too lazy to measure) and then can’t replicate what I made!