Hot Fudge Oatmeal

Hi Chocolate Fudgekins!

I don’t really know what a fudgekin is. But it sounds yummy.

Breakfast today was incredible. The fudge in the oats created a delicious, gooey mess. If you think “chocolate peanut butter fudge oatmeal” sounds good, I can assure you it tastes even better!

oatfudge3

Hot Fudge Oatmeal

• Sliced berries
  • Fudge, such as Chocolate PB Fudge.
  • Sprinkle of raw cacao nibs
  • 1 serving cooked oats (made with 1/4 tsp salt and 1.5c liquid)

I added the fudge to the cooked oatmeal (that I’d cooked the day before) and microwaved until it melted a little. Then I added the sliced berries and cacao nibs. (You could sub chocolate chip.s) I didn’t bother to measure any of the toppings, or the fudge. Just add as much of everything as you want; it’s pretty hard to go wrong with this oatmeal.

oatfudge

Usually I like to eat cold oatmeal, especially in the summer. But sometimes you have to make an exception. Melted-chocolate-covered strawberries are definitely worthy of an exception.

Chocolate Melty Goodness

Now that I think of it, why have I never put hot fudge sauce on my oatmeal before??? In the next few weeks (and months? And years?) I will have to make up for lost time and eat hot-fudge oatmeal with a vengeance. I’m thinking breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Word.

oatfudge2

Question of the Day:

What are your favorite things to put into oatmeal?
Nut butters? Berries? Sliced bananas?

One of my favorite recipes: Magic Breakfast Pudding.

See? I don’t always eat fancy oats!

Tags: , ,

1. My favorite thing to put in oatmeal is CHOCOLATE. My absolute favorite oatmeal is your Raspberry-Truffle Oatmeal it is SO GOOD! I can’t wait to try this!

2. tea-bag says:

i’m actually one of those weird people that loves their oatmeal super plain. i like a thick, chewy bowl of oats that your spoon can stand up straight in!

sometimes i’ll get in a weird mood, though, and have a poached egg on top of my oats! runny egg plus oats & a little soy sauce. AWESOME!

1. Serena (Green Beans & Jam) says:

I love the “chewy” oats (especially GOOD steel cut oats) very plain because they have amazing texture/ very subtle taste!

3. Liza says:

almond butter and bananas! i tend not to branch out too much on the oat toppings front but i should!

4. Cocoa powder! And sweetener… if that counts. Nothing’s better than cocoa! EVER. 😀

5. Stefanie says:

That looks so good. Favorite thing to put in oatmeal? I would say fruit and nut butters. 🙂

6. Kaycee says:

omgoodness! i just finished eating oatmeal with some bananas and i had some leftover oatmeal so i mixed it with some cocoa, peanut butter, almond milk, stevia, cinnamon, and vanilla extract and it tastes delicious! so funny that i opened up my email and saw this post 🙂

7. Sarah says:

Ohh oatmeal.. is there anything you can’t do?

1. Calculus 😉
      I hated that class!

8. Helen says:

Katie, you are the healthy dessert QUEEN. You really are.

As for what I like in my oatmeal… i think my very favorite is a classic, with cinnamon, apples, raisins, walnuts, a little butter, and a drizzle of maple syrup and splash of milk at the end. For some reason, the first few bites of oatmeal taste so good to me but I can never eat very much. It really fills me up.

1. Lisa C says:

Me too! Oatmeal is so filling! That’s one of the reasons I love it :).

9. Angel says:

I like raisins, sunflower seeds, walnuts and Baker’s chocolate. YUM!

10. Michaela says:

I actually really don´t like chocolate in my oatmeal, but I do love nut butters in combination with fresh fruit, frozen berries or even jam. Yummie! Just had a bowl with pb/j this morning 🙂

11. I really cannot think of much that I wouldn’t put in oatmeal! I love nut butters, fruit, CHOCOLATE, jam, I could go on all day. I’ll definitely be using my leftover fudge (if there is any!) to put on some oatmeal tomorrow. You’re the best!!!

12. Sliced bananas and frozen berries!! I love the way the juices of the frozen berries kind of mix in with everything!!

1. Lisa C says:

Frozen pineapple is good too! 🙂

1. It is! Just had those yesterday morning.. with coconut, too! Tropical!

13. Lisa C says:

This looks so yummy. I want to dive right in. As if I needed an extra incentive to make that amazing fudge you posted yesterday!

14. Justin’s Chocolate Almond butter… yum! Although your peanut butter fudge looks amazing…may have to try that!!

15. Melissa says:

Bananas and peanut butter. Always. Not original, but it makes me oh so happy!

16. Gen says:

That looks amazing!!!!!!!! And the pictures are gorgeous! 😀

17. Allie says:

Are you going to post the recipe?? Cause that looks delicious and I’d love to make it!

1. It’s not really a recipe. It’s just oatmeal with strawberries, cacao nibs, and the fudge thrown in at the very end to melt.

18. Yum, that looks so good 🙂 Can’t believe I’ve never done that before. Strawberries and chocolate are such an amazing combo. I’m usually pretty boring and just like banana and nut butter 😛

19. I wish I liked oatmeal more. But my favorite things to put in it are blueberries and almonds, peanut butter, carob, dried cranberries and pecans.

20. Katie, I have no idea how you make the mess that is oatmeal look so good. teach me.

I looove adding bananas, peanut butter, protein powder, and cocoa powder to my oats.