Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Peanut Butter and Jelly Fudge

Guaranteed, you’ll never again look at pb&j the same way.

peanut butter and jelly fudge

One of my friends summed up the following recipe perfectly:

“It’s like eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich… in fudge form!”

pbj fudge

PB&J Fudge

• 2 tbsp peanut butter
  • 2 tbsp coconut butter or Homemade Coconut Butter
  • very scant 2/3c berries (I used 80g strawberries. You can also use jam.)
  • 1/8 tsp salt (also, I used salted pb)
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
  • 1 tbsp agave or pure maple syrup (I liked it plain, but my tasters preferred it sweetened)

Blend the berries first. (I used a Magic Bullet cup.) Then add the other ingredients and blend until smooth. Put in a container, and freeze until firm. It’ll keep for at least a few weeks in the freezer. (Just be sure to thaw before eating.)

See the following post for: Calorie Information.

(This version probably has fewer calories because berries aren’t as calorically-dense as bananas… but what’s a calorie-count anyway, if not an estimate?)

peanut butter jelly fudge

And a close up.

You know you wanted one.

pbj fudge

Don’t forget about pb&j’s chocolatey cousin:

Another healthy recipe: Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge.

As a kid, what kinds of lunches did you take to school?

I went through different sandwich phases that would last about a month or so. One month, it’d be a cream cheese and jelly sandwich every single day. Another month was turkey. In middle school, I started a love affair with pb-banana sandwiches. Oh, and when I was very little, my favorite packed lunch was a nutella sandwich. People thought it was weird. Who knew that, almost twenty years later, nutella would become so trendy? I was such a little trend-setter.

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. In Singapore, we have a canteen with about 5 food stalls selling a variety of foods in schools. We basically buy our own food, like at a food court? Its the same in Junior College (where I am studying now) I would buy bread and and snacks, never ate proper meals in school when I was a kid. Annnddd…. that hasn’t changed! Haha.

By the way, the addition of real berries make this fudge real pretty! 😀

2. Do you think this could this be made with a lower calorie peanut butter, like Better’n Peanut Butter? I’ve got a jar of Chocolate Better’n just waiting to become magic…

1. I honestly have no idea… if you try it, let me know how it tastes! 🙂

2. Barb says:

I’ve used better’n pb in one of katie’s recipes before, and compared it to the original. not as good in terms of fudginess as real peanut butter, but it came out OK. 🙂

3. Jennifer JCD says:

Looks delicious, Katie. Kind of reminds me of the PB&J milkshakes I make (with soy nut butter.)

I never really ate cafeteria food for lunch, as my parents and I always packed such yummy bag lunches. Oh… the sandwich phases… peanut butter and honey was a favourite for a long time, as was peanut butter banana. Cheddar cheese and margarine lasted a while too. And then came the banana muffin, followed by the zucchini muffin… and then a stint with hummus veggie wraps.

4. Ragnhild says:

I keep getting so impressed with your ideas Katie!! Seriously, the colour of these are so cute 🙂 Perfect for a Baby(girl)shower 😀 I think I would prefere the chocolate variant, because chocolate is the only thing on my mind ( :S ). But I still love the idea of these!!

5. Who would not want pb and jelly in fudge form?!?! amazing choice again you trend setter! haha 🙂

6. I’ve always been a brown bagger and a lunch buyer. Usually I’d bring a bagged lunch 4 days out of the school week and buy lunch the other 1 day. Usually pizza day! Haha. 😉

7. That’s simply the prettiest fudge I’ve ever seen, not sure I could eat it, its so pretty! well… that’s a lie I’m sure I’d find a way to eat it haha.. Ah I would cry in pre school if my mom packed me cream cheese and jam haha! I hated it. But later in middle school my dad would pack me amazing caesar salad wraps and other times my favorite deli meat, russian dressing, veggies, and cheese yum! I miss having my lunch made for me…

8. When I was a student in school I ate the school lunches; literally EVERYONE ate the school lunches. It is just the way it was….. Now that I’m a teacher I bring my own lunch. If I ate that food every day I seriously couldn’t live with myself! (or the hips it would create….)

9. Unfortunately my sister and I bought lunch a lot…. but when I did bring a lunch on a rare ocassion it was usually turkey (that is the only lunch meat we would eat then!)

10. Jennifer says:

When I was in elementary school, my mother made me peanut butter and jelly every single day. It actually became a joke because I’d take out my lunch and someone would announce that it was “peanut butter and jelly….again.” But, then, every so often, she’d throw in something that was really peculiar for a little kid to eat for lunch–pizza macaroni (basically spaghetti and eggs) or some kind of soup in a thermos–and then the kids really thought I was weird!

I never, ever ate school lunches. They pretty much disgusted me even then!

11. Stefanie says:

I went through a crazy phase of eating chicken and rice for lunch for about a year. Some other foods were lunchables and PBJ sandwiches. I would buy junk food a lot but did get the hot lunches in elementary school. My favorite was the mashed potatoes, gravy, and turkey.

That fudge looks good and healthy. 🙂

12. These look uterly delicious, but that is no surprise! 🙂

13. judy says:

going to try these today!

14. Yessss I’m so glad we got the fudge recipe! And I have all the ingredients on hand!

My mom used to make me a 6-inch salami and mustard sub every day. That thing was LOADED. Ew. She packed me endless Little Debbie snacks too! Now I love bringing leftovers. Yummy, hot, and satisfying. I stopped buying hot lunch after I got splotchy pizza! I posted about it a few weeks ago!

15. Oh yum that looks GOOD! School lunch – I went to a small private school that didn’t have a cafeteria, so my mom sent my lunch every day. My daughter’s school offers the district lunch program, but after a HORRIBLE experience (she called me crying because she was starving and they served her the most disgusting lunch I have ever seen) I make her lunch now every day. The hard part is that she goes to a 100% peanut free school – great for the allergy kids, hard for my peanut butter loving kid.

16. I actually just posted in my blog about my undying devotion to PB&J… I used to have them in my packed lunches all the time, until I read Harriet the Spy and just had to have a tomato sandwich every day instead.

I brought my lunch all through elementary school because my mom wanted us to eat right, but decided it was dorky some time in middle school and insisted on buying lunch. Of course, by high school I was saving my money by just buying french fries, and my weight just kept going up, and up. One day I’ll have to tell my mom she was right, after all.

17. Ick, I hate school lunches. Even as a kid I never liked them (although a few years I did eat school lunches) and always preferred packing my own. I used to make PB & J (all-natural: my family never did Skippy or Jif) all the time, or sometimes my dad would make me wraps with lots of good toppings like fresh veggies or pickled jalepenos or banana peppers, and I’d always get fresh fruit in my lunches. I also loved to bring raisins as a snack. (-:
    Now-a-days I like to pack “snacky” lunches, with lots of little snacks and fruit and things, rather than a whole meal (last year at school I did this all year because my lunch period wasn’t until 2 and I could never wait that long for lunch, so I ate between classes). Last year I used to always pack Larabars as part of my snacks; they were perfect for school. 🙂
    This year, I’m definitely going to pre-make all sorts of goodies for my lunches. (-;

18. Barb says:

I think I can count on one hand the number of days I bought school lunch. Buying cafeteria chocolate milk was always a treat, though 🙂 I practically lived on PB sandwich crackers, and Oreos! My mom was not much into cooking or baking, as I am. My kids are going to have gourmet lunches (or at least, gourmet peanut butter and jelly sandwiches!)

In the meantime, since I am not at the kid-lunchmaking-phase of my life yet, I will definitely be making your peanut butter and jelly fudge! I’m very excited because although I love your chocolate fudge, I wasn’t a HUGE fan of the banana-y taste that came with it.

1. Have you tried the chocolate-raspberry version? I like it better than the banana version!

19. YES YES YES! i voted for this one and im so glad i did!! ahaha i used to have a ham, mustard and yellow cheese sandwich with quavers (british chip things) and carrot sticks… and yeah.. blahh! certainly dnt eat that now!

20. Em says:

wow that pbandj fudge looks so cute and creative!! LOVE FUDGE! haha