Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Coconut Cookie Dough Oatmeal

Coconut cookie dough oatmeal – baked in the oven until it is warm and gooey.

cookie dough oatmeal

With melted chocolate swirled into every bite.

This is a breakfast that will definitely make you want to get out of bed in the morning.

And you can even make it the night before or make extras and freeze leftovers for a rainy day when you don’t want to cook in the morning.

This recipe is a huge reader favorite on my website, with over 1,000 positive reviews from readers who have made the recipe. It tastes like eating a Mounds bar for breakfast. Highly recommended! width=

This is a huge reader favorite recipe – it has all the deliciousness of eating a Mounds bar for breakfast!

coconut oatmeal

The coconut cookie dough baked oatmeal can also make a great grab-and-go breakfast.

Take it in the car or pack it into a lunchbox for a portable “fast food” treat that is actually good for you!

If you make this, be sure to tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on instagram so I can see your creations!!!

Cookie Dough Baked Oatmeal - baked in the oven until it's warm and gooey, with melty chocolate chips - @choccoveredkt - tasted like a Mounds bar for breakfast!!!

Coconut Cookie Dough Baked Oatmeal

(serves 1)

• 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • stevia or sugar of choice
  • 1/4 cup applesauce or banana
  • optional 4 drops coconut extract
  • 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup milk of choice or canned coconut milk
  • 1-2 tbsp pre-melted coconut butter (Coconut-Free Version)
  • optional handful chocolate chips, plus extras for the top

Baked Cookie Dough Oatmeal: Preheat oven to 380 degrees. Combine dry ingredients, then mix in wet. Pour into a small baking pan, loaf pan, or 1-cup ramekin (or, for mini boatmeal cakes, two 1/2-cup ramekins). Cook for 20 minutes or more, until it’s firm. Finally, set your oven to “high broil” for 5 more minutes – or simply just bake longer, but broiling gives it a nice crust. Don’t forget to spray your ramekins first if you want your cakes to pop out.

View Nutrition Facts

Link Of The Day:

Blueberry Pie Pancakes - SUPER ginormous fluffy blueberry pancakes recipe... with over 200 positive reader reviews - from @choccoveredkt:

Blueberry Pie Pancakes

Tags: , , , , ,

1. I had Fage yogurt with raspberries and coffee. Coconut in oats sounds like it would be a winner to me!

Yay for porch furniture. Enjoy it for me because we have snow here in WI now. 🙁 Boo!

2. You’ll get it figured out, I just know it 🙂 …..I was craving a smoothie this morning. Bad idea due to the complete chill in the air! Back to oatmeal tomorrow! 🙂

3. Your ‘Press’ page is impressive! And so is this oatmeal! Breakfast today was a wholewheat blueberry bun and thick soy milk. But this sounds wayyy better!

4. You had me at cocunut and cookie dough!

5. Rebecca says:

Warm and gooey sounds much better than the cold and soggy cereal I’m eating right now!

6. I love chocolate and oatmeal together! This looks SO good. And your pictures are beautiful!
    Breakfast for me today is a smoothie, but lunch might be this oatmeal!

7. Megan says:

That looks delicious! Chocolate and coconut are a quintessential combination.I am always a bit sad when breakfast is over because I love all breakfast food! Today I had some organic cottage cheese, a banana with peanut butter, and a chocolate banana fudge vita top. And some coffee 🙂 I get so excited to have chocolate in the morning! Who wouldn’t?!

8. My breakfast was a chocolate chip pancake with peanut butter and apricot jelly….perfection!!

9. Gen says:

Yummy!!!! For breakfast today I had an apple cinnamon crepe!

10. s says:

yums! and for once i have all the ingredients. do you think it would work with oat bran/multigrain hot cereal?

1. Hmmm… I don’t know. Now I’m curious too! If you try it, let me know!

11. s says:

and i had almond joy hot cereal for breakfast today (cooked in dark choc almond milk mixed with water, with a few drops of almond extract, and 3T shredded coconut). coconut rocks! lol 🙂

12. Sarah says:

ummm……….. is insane gooey warm chocolatey deliciousness in a bowl an understatement?

P.S.- i think i know whats for breakfast tomorrow. Just sayin’

13. Oooo, yummy…more oats! plus coconut butter, i just using that everywhere at the mo. I made a version of your pancakes for my breakfast this morning with bananas and PB topped with some soya yoghurt and a few blueberries. oh yeah it was good!

14. Emilia says:

This looks absolutely incredible. For some reason I’ve never had coconut butter in my oatmeal, definitely must try it soon. This morning for breakfast I had some oatmeal, frozen raspberries and a spoonful of peanut butter. Yum! 🙂

15. Katherine says:

Your comment about the Mounds bar made me think of something: what about subbing almond extract for the vanilla extract? Then it would be just like eating an Almond Joy, especially if you use almond milk as the liquid.

1. Sounds like a really good idea!

16. Katherine says:

Also, as far as breakfast goes: chocolate-peanut butter overnight oats with yogurt all the way! 😀

17. Kendra says:

I’m actually about to make your single lady pumpkin cc muffin for breakfast 🙂

18. Amber K says:

I always say the same thing about the lottery and yet I never buy tickets either… Weird that I haven’t won yet 😉

19. So I STILL haven’t tried the boatmeal. 🙁 I need to get on that. For breakfast today, I had hemp granola with hempmilk and dried strawberries, plus two slices of seitan-based Black Forest Bacon from The Complete Guide to Vegan Food Substitutions.

20. Hahaha ‘boatmeal’ – I LOVE it.

This morning I had my pumpkin oatmeal recipe! So yum!