Deep Dish Gooey Cinnamon Roll Pie

Look into the spiral.

Cinnamon Roll Pie - How can something so decadent and GOOEY be so healthy?! ... I've brought this pie to countless parties, and NO ONE has guessed! http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/12/05/deep-dish-cinnamon-roll-pie/ @choccoveredkt

Swirly, twirly frosting.

You are getting very sleepy hungry…

cinnamon-roll-pie_thumb_3

See? Who says hypnosis doesn’t work?

Birthday Girl

A few weeks ago, my little sister flew in from Boston for Thanksgiving. Her birthday also falls close to the holiday, and therefore we held a special birthday dinner for her at my parents’ house.

My sister is a big fan of the Chocolate Chip White Bean Blondies.

So I was eager to try out my newest idea on her, especially since she isn’t a huge chocoholic. (She doesn’t like bananas either. Sometimes I wonder if we’re really related!)

snickerdoodle pie 1

pin-it

Deep Dish Cinnamon Roll Pie

One of my Gluten Free Recipes

• 1 cup quick oats
  • 2 cans garbanzo or white beans, drained and rinsed (500g after draining)
  • 1/4 cup applesauce
  • 2 and 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 3 T canola or coconut oil
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 and 1/2 cups sugar or sucanat (Feel free to use less if you’re used to healthy desserts. Or sub some of the sugar with stevia if desired.)
  • 2 T cinnamon

Blend all ingredients very, very well in a food processor. Pour into an oiled pan. (I used a 10-inch springform pan, but you can use a smaller pan if you want a really deep-dish pie.) Cook at 350F for around 35 minutes. Let stand at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan. I haven’t tried subbing the sugar with agave, but I do know that many readers have had successfully used agave in my chocolate-chip cookie pie (a similar recipe). So I *think* it would work here as well.

If desired, frost the pie with Creamy Cinnamon Roll Frosting.

christmas-girls1

Oh wait, yes we’re related.

Just look at us! Smile

Do you and your siblings look alike?

Tags: , , , ,

1. You guys totally have the same smile! Same eyes, same mouth and face shape! I look sort of like my brother, sort of because, well, he’s a guy and I’m a girl 😀

2. Aww love the pic of you two. Yes, you definitely look related.

I once brought in a picture of me with my 3 brothers and a co-worker asked me who the guys were. Funny cause I always *thought* we looked alike. Oh well. 🙂

3. Ashley says:

Everyone says my youngest sister and I look alike- we’ve even had that awkward moment where we have to mention that were not actually the sister they want, it’s the other one! It’s kind of funny actually, because I’m 4 years older than her!

4. Aw!!! How cute! …..What a wonderful dessert! I like this and still haven’t tried one of your pie recipes- this must change this week!!! 🙂
    I do look like my sister! I like it, we are always connected!

5. Barb says:

I can’t wait to try this! I have two younger sisters, one is my spitting image but my other is tall, blonde, and blue-eyed – the opposite of me, essentially! You can definitely tell that you and your sister are related! Great pic!

6. Sarah says:

I am going to make this pronto! Do you think that would be good for company? Also i have 5 other siblings (youngest is 9 months old)- who look NOTHING like me but all look like each other! Weird fact: we used to live near and go to church with two of our cousins ( Jessica and Jennifer) who are sisters and also dont look alike. But when people see me and Jennifer they ask if we are sisters. When people see my sister and Jessica they ask if they are twins! Weird, huh?

p.s.- you and your sister are so pretty!

1. My sister and I are the same way with our cousins. She and my cousin Julie look so similar that even my grandma once got them confused!

And yes, this would be great for a party. 🙂

7. I have two sisters and everybody seems to think different things! Some say we look alike, some say we look nothing alike…weird huh?

8. ilana says:

Me and my sibs (2 sisters and one brother) all have very strong resemblance to each other; our voices (me and my sisters) are the same too – can barely tell us apart on the phone. In terms of the recipe, I’m addicted to gingerbread – do you have a similar recipe with gingerbread and/or would you just add ginger to this recipe? look forward to hearing back.

1. Hmmm… maybe add ginger and molasses? Or use Sucanat for ALL the sweetener. And if you try it, let me know how it turns out!

9. Val says:

This recipe looks scrumptious, just like every other one!

You and your sister really do look alike!! My little sister and I don’t look anything alike. The only thing we both have is a chin dimple, and we both hate it haha.

10. that looks amazing! and such a cute photo of you & your sis!

11. Erin says:

Yum, Katie! I can’t wait to try this. My sister is two years older than me. I’m the only blonde of my siblings and I so her and I always thought we looked quite different. But as we get older, more and more people tell us we look alike. You and your sister definitely look related. 🙂

12. You two look so alike! I don’t look like my two sisters, but they look identical! Haha great recipe! 🙂

13. I love cinnamon ANYTHING – and this is way simpler than overnight cinnamon rolls! Looks delish!

14. Mandy says:

You guys are so cute! Is your sister a vegan too? Makes me wonder about the nature vs. nurture thing for being good looking :p

1. LOL my sister is like the anti-vegan! She works at a burger place and eats burgers every day. Seriously, we are complete opposites in every way!

1. Mandy says:

ha that’s hilarious! You’re both totally adorable, fyi 🙂

15. Kit-Kat says:

Yum Yum!
    Oh, I love cinnamon so much! Both that and pumpkin pie spice is one of my favorite holiday spices. I would love to try this recipe out!

16. Amelia says:

I see the resemblance for sure! My brother and I don’t look near as similar as we used to… I’ve dyed my hair a lot, and we’ve both filled out differently.

The cookie/blondie looks yummy… I think I’ll make it soon!

17. Mmmm that cinnamon roll pie looks delicious! Since it’s cinnamon roll flavor, that can totally be considered breakfast… right?! 😉 And you and your sister look so much alike! I have two older brothers and people say I look like both of them, depending on which one I’m with! I personally don’t see it though!

18. This sounds delicious and so easy! I can’t wait to try it out!

19. Simone says:

Hi, this looks amazing but I just have a question, i don’t do well with oats… Can you sub with anything else? Thanks!

1. Any flake grain (spelt flakes, kamut flakes… maybe quinoa flakes?) would probably work. Or maybe try ground flax?