Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles

No butter.

No eggs. No flour.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles – no egg, no butter, “no bake” safe-to-eat chocolate chip cookie dough. SO GOOD http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/01/03/chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-truffles/ @choccoveredkt

No shoes, no shirt, no service.

And yet… These secretly-healthier cookie dough truffles are scarfed down by everyone who’s ever tried them. Even without butter, eggs, and flour, they taste just as sinfully delicious as traditional cookie dough truffles.

healthy truffles

Don’t worry if you’re bored of all my Healthy Recipes with Beans.

This is probably the last of my famous bean-dessert recipes you’ll be seeing for quite a while. There are about a billion new dessert recipes I want to post this year, and they all have absolutely nothing to do with beans. But when I remembered beans are considered a lucky food to eat on New Year’s Eve, I *had* to make–and blog about–this one last bean recipe.

cookie dough truffles

I really regret not making a bigger batch.

pin-it

Eggless Cookie Dough Truffles

(Makes 18-20 truffles)

• 1/2 can chickpeas or white beans, drained and rinsed (125g after being drained)
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • scant 1/8 tsp salt
  • scant 1/8 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tablespoons nut butter or oil (If you use peanut butter, they’ll have a slight “pb cookie dough” taste.)
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar (For a sugar-free option, see the very last link of this post.)
  • 2 T chocolate chips, or more if desired
  • 1-2 T rolled oats or quick oats (or flaxmeal)
  • optional: 1 bag chocolate chips, or Healthy Chocolate Sauce
  • optional: milk of choice if needed, to thin it out

Add all ingredients (except chocolate chips) to a food processor, and blend until very smooth. Then mix in the chocolate chips and form balls. (I used a melon baller.) You can eat these plain, but if you wish to cover them in chocolate, proceed thusly: Allow to chill in the fridge. Once chilled, make up the healthy chocolate sauce (linked above) OR melt chocolate chips with 2 tsp coconut oil (or shortening). Take the balls from the fridge and cover in chocolate, then return them to the fridge to harden. Stored in the fridge, I imagine these will keep for 3-4 days. But I can’t be entirely sure, since my truffles were completely gone in closer to 3-4 minutes!

View Nutrition Facts

chocolate covered katie

I found this sequined shirt hiding in the back of my closet with the tags still on! It was actually warm enough on New Year’s Eve to wear a sleeveless shirt (70 degrees). Of course, the next morning was 27 degrees. That’s quintessential Dallas weather. If you don’t like it at any given moment, wait five minutes; it’ll probably change.

For 100% sugar-free truffles:

Use the following recipe: Sugar-Free Cookie Dough Truffles.

Tags: , , , ,

1. I always liked cookie dough ice cream but I never seem to buy that flavor. Most of the time I get vanilla because I’m serving it alongside something else – like cake or with fresh fruit. But it’s yummy stuff. Then again, I love ice cream in general. 🙂

2. I am all about your bean desserts – no need to stop now! 😉 Happy New Year, love the top!

3. I love everything cookie dough. This weekend I ate a chocolate chip cookie dough & peanut butter milkshake at Chicago Diner! Best thing I have ever eaten.

1. Grace says:

Agreed!

1. I am so jealous! Chicago Diner is on my list of places I REALLY want to go! Their shakes are legendary!

(Spiral Diner, in Dallas, makes a pretty good chocolate shake, though…)

4. I make something super similar to this! I always have them in the freezer ready for any moment! ….I put sprinkles on mine to add some fun!! 🙂

5. Lauren says:

You are gorgeous! I want your hair!
    And those cookie dough truffles look delish!

6. How cool! I’ve never made desserts with beans before! I need to try this 😀

7. Karen says:

I love having dessert recipes with beans in them!

8. Tricia says:

I just made a batch of unhealthy ones and was wondering how I could tweak them to be healthy. I believe I will start here when I make them again. The unhealthy ones were sinfully good…I would imagine these will be also.

9. oh my, these look dangerously delicious!! cookie dough is one of my favorite things of all time… including in ice cream! yum!

10. Sar says:

Only 40 calories each?!?

Only you could figure out a way to put a healthy spin on cookie dough truffles! I only wish I’d seen these at Christmastime. My family (and myself) would have EATEN them up! My boyfriend is gonna love these. Oh heck, I will too ;).

1. Sar says:

P.S. You are incredibly beautiful. I love the top. Wish one of those would hide in MY closet!

11. I love cookie dough ice cream! and i do the same, pick out the cookie dough and then eat the ice cream

12. Cookie dough, raw is one of the things I miss the most, now that I know I’m allergic to wheat. Wheat/gluten free cookie dough usually tastes kinda weird. I totes get what you’re talking about with the weather, because I live in Austin and it’s the same way, bipolar weather, but also with allergens.

13. The last bean dessert??? Please don’t stop! I love beans!!!! Gorgeous hair you have, by the way! 😀

14. I made my own version of cookie dough truffles last week but they definitely weren’t healthy- plenty of butter, flour and sugar :-\ I’ll have to whip up a batch of these as they seem to be a bit more New Year Resolution friendly 😉

15. Emma says:

Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, thank you for thinking of those of us who have Celiac’s Disease! I am so excited these are gluten free! 🙂 🙂

And I agree with everyone else. You are so pretty!

16. I made my own version of cookie dough truffles last week but they definitely weren’t healthy. Delicious, but full of plenty of flour, butter, and sugar. I’ll have to whip up a batch of these- they’re a bit more resolutions friendly 😉

1. Sorry for the double comment- my computer wigs out a lot 😛

1. Haha mine does too! Oh technology… 🙂

17. Catey Kay says:

That’s exactly what I do: dig out all the cookie dough in the ice cream before anyone else gets a scoop! In fact, I just recently scarfed down almost a whole quart of the stuff by myself…followed by regret 😮

Appropriately, my New Year’s resolution is to eat healthier…. and that is where your blog comes in handy! 😀

18. Ally says:

CCK! You looked awesome for your New Year’s celebration! 🙂 I have never had the guts to sport sequins, but you did it with style! I can’t wait to try this recipe!

19. Grace says:

As soon as I saw this post, I immediately went and made these! They didn’t even have time to get covered in chocolate before they were all eaten up!

P.S. Reduce the sugar, and this makes a DELICIOUS protein- and fiber-packed breakfast treat! 😉

1. Wow, I can’t believe you already made them! You’re fast! 🙂 🙂

20. Yum! These look delicious – I love cookie dough (and brownie batter, and cake batter, and…well, you get the point). I used to do the same thing with my ice cream as a kid – eating out the fillings was so much more fun. =)