The Top 10 Chocolate-Covered Recipes

Most Viewed of 2011

I hadn’t planned to write a “top ten” post, since I link back to these recipes anyway. But quite a few readers have requested it. So here are the top ten posts on my blog, based on page views and the number of comments left by people who’ve tried the recipe with good results:

top ten 10

top ten 9

Cookie Dough Baked Oatmeal

fudge-baby

Hot Chocolate Fudge Babies

top ten

Deep-Dish Cookie Pie

And the number one recipe on my blog:

top ten 4

Cookie Dough Dip

Question of the Day:

Have you tried any of my recipes?

Did any of your favorites make this list? Three of my favorites are on here (the pb cookies, baked oatmeal, and chocolate fudge cake). Anyone want to count how many of the top 10 most popular recipes include chocolate? Apparently I’m not the only one who’s a chocoholic…

1. Summer says:

My bestie and I just discovered your blog and tried the cookie dough dip last night. SO good!! We’re both excited to give some of your other recipes a try 🙂

2. I try your recipes all the time! LOVE them all! …..They have enven inspired me to do a few of my own things. ……I’ve tried and loved at least 6 of those top ones along with a lot that aren’t on the list- all super!

3. I made your chocolate bar pie for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. I didn’t tell anyone that it was made with tofu so they all loved it. It was a great secret to keep and a DELICIOUS recipe!

1. That’s MY favorite recipe on the blog :). If it were up to me, that would have been at the top of this post!

1. Carrie says:

That’s my favorite too! (Chocolate Bar Pie) I would have put that at #1. I’ve tried (pretty much) everything on the list though…. All awesome! Must… eat… chocolate…

4. I really need to try that cookie dough dip! In fact, I’m going to a baby shower tomorrow and I bet that would be the perfect sweet treat to bring!

5. I tried the cookie dough oatmeal and it was yummy. Perfect for a cold morning!

This year I’d like to try the cookie dough dip, deep dish cookie pie, and the peanut butter cookie dough cookies.

Lots of “yum” in my future I am sure! 🙂

6. The cookie dough dip is amazing – a friend of mine made that when we went painting in October!

7. Love this post! Yes, I’ve tried recipes and loved them!! My sisters and I love your chocolate chip blondies. Can’t wait for what you share in 2012! 🙂

8. Catalina Maya says:

I love to make your recipes–in fact, I just whipped up your delectable blueberry pie pancakes for breakfast this morning!

Unfortunately, I am off of school today as I have been diagnosed with anemia–ironically, due to my attempt at ‘bettering’ myself by becoming vegetarian.

Do you have any recipes which are high in iron? I’d be greatly appreciative if you did! 🙂

1. Yes!
      Gingerbread Peanut Butter: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/12/04/gingerbread-peanut-butter
      Or the gingerbread latte. Anything with blackstrap molasses, which is high in iron. To be honest, I don’t know a ton about high-iron foods… but I DO know that lentils and spinach are both good sources, so my Bread-Free Vegan Stuffing would be good as well.

According to this list, chickpeas are a good source of iron… LOL we all know my blog is filled with recipes using those ;).

1. Catalina Maya says:

Oh, man– you’re awesome! 🙂 Thank you so much!

I wish I would’ve seen your reply earlier, though; my dad gave me a colossal iron-pill that I couldn’t feasibly swallow, so I had to chew! Two hours later, and I am still stuck with its taste in my mouth!

On the bright side, however, this means I must get rid of this taste… by making your chocolate bar pie! 😉

9. I’ve tried your cookie dough dip, cookie pie, cookies and so many other recipes not in this list! Looking forward to what’s in store for 2012!! 😀

10. Angela says:

We have tried many of your recipes, including the chocolate peanut butter cups, blondies, and many variations of the fudge babies. My favs are the fudge babies and we have given out the recipes to so many friends and family members.

1. Emma says:

The fudge babies are my favorites too 🙂

11. Jennifer JCD says:

The best part of top 10 lists are ones like this where they are all super yummy and delicious!

We try loads of your recipes, some of which we’ve modified to our own tastes. Boatmeal, Cookie Dough Dip, and Chocolate Pie all make regular appearances at out house. We have tried most of your other recipes too. The truffles the other day were excellent too. We <3 CCK Recipes!

12. Barb says:

sooo glad your deep dish chocolate chip cookie cake made it to this list!! that is an awesome recipe! I make it wayy too often! I am also currently obsessed with your cuisinart ice cream maker ice cream – last night I added chocolate syrup, dark chocolate chunks, and peppermint extract, to make chocolate mint chip!

13. Angie says:

I make some version of your baked oatmeal almost every morning for breakfast, but the cookie dough baked oatmeal is definitely my favorite.

14. Liz says:

Katie, I’m sure others have done it, but I wanted to tell you I made the blondies last night for the tenth time or so, but in an effort to go more whole-foods, I substituted all the brown sugar for pureed dates. It still tasted great! The only difference is they’re a little mushier and you have to reduce the bake time.

1. Thanks for telling me, Liz! I did a sugar-free version of the cookie dough dip with dates, and I was always curious if it’d work for the baked desserts as well. You’re actually the first person to say she’s tried it! 🙂

15. I had your cake batter milkshake just yesterday! But I used some sub-ins and don’t think it was quite as yummy as yours would be, but I could see why it would be if you used the right ingredients! I also have made your chocolate pie a gazillion and one times – always a crowd pleaser and no one ever spots the tofu. Plus I made your flourless chocolate chip cookies last week and they were delish!

I’ve also made your chocolate single-lady cupcake – my fave of the lot. I tried the gingerbread latte and that failed on me but I’m not always the best cook!

I have to say I appreciate that you do recipes often in small quantities that don’t make that many. It sure helps to keep it healthy – as in, if you eat 24 of something, no matter how healthy they are it isn’t a good thing! Haha

16. This just reminds me of all the recipes I want to try!

17. Emma says:

I’ve tried every single one of these recipes, and I have LOVED them all. Your recipes never fail me, Katie. You are the best! 🙂

18. Sar says:

That cookie dough dip should win recipe of the YEAR. I see it all over Pinterest, and I actually went to a party at Halloween and someone else had brought it. I was like “That’s a CCK recipe!!!” I was so excited!