Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Oatmeal Raisin Breakfast Cookies

Haven’t you always wanted to eat cookies for breakfast??

vegan oatmeal raisin cookies

These sugar free cookies are filled with wholesome ingredients like bananas, oats, and raisins. See? Totally acceptable for breakfast. Or lunch.

Mmm sure, why not?

healthy oatmeal raisin cookies

Normally, my goal is to make my healthy dessert recipes not taste healthy. However, these cookies are an exception to that rule. (In other words, don’t expect them to taste like traditional cookies you’d find in a bakery.) The wholesome breakfast cookies won’t be a hit with everyone, and I wouldn’t bring them to a party.

For that, I recommend my popular Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies.

But if you’re used to the taste of healthy desserts—and maybe even if you’re not—these incredibly healthy oatmeal-raisin cookies might just be your newest-favorite cookies!

Oatmeal Raisin #Breakfast Cookies... with NO added sugar! - Sweetened naturally with fruit @choccoveredkt

Oatmeal Raisin Breakfast Cookies

Also found here: 100 Sugar-Free Recipes

• 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • scant 1/2 cup applesauce or over-ripe banana (mashed)
  • 1/4 cup nut butter of choice (I used salted peanut butter)
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 3 tbsp raisins (or other dried fruit, or even chocolate chips)
  • 1/16 tsp salt, plus a tiny pinch more if desired (taste dough to decide)
  • 1 packet stevia if using applesauce version (or 1 tablespoon sugar. I actually omitted this altogether. If you have absolutely no sweet tooth, you can try it that way. And if you have a huge sweet tooth—or are used to “non-healthy-tasting” desserts—try adding 1/4 cup sugar. As I said above, don’t expect these to taste like your everyday oatmeal-raisin cookies. I’ll post a recipe for those soon!)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mash the applesauce or banana with the nut butter, then add all other ingredients and mix until well-combined. Shape into cookies and bake for around 14 minutes. (Alternatively, you can try pulverizing the raisins and oats before combining them with the banana mixture, if you want more sweetness.) This recipe probably yields around 10-12 cookies, but I had to guess… because I ate a considerable amount of the raw dough!

View Nutrition Facts

Raisins: Do you love or hate them?

It seems like people have very strong feelings about raisins—either adoring them or loathing them! My roommate is on Team No-Raisins. Yesterday afternoon, as we were eating the cookies, she kept picking out the raisins and asking, “Couldn’t you have used chocolate chips instead?!” Hmmm, that’s actually not a bad idea. If there’s one thing I love more than raisins, it’s chocolate!

EDIT – Here is the chocolate version:

Chocolate Chip #Breakfast Cookies... with NO added sugar! - Sweetened naturally with fruit @choccoveredkt

Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies

Tags: , , , ,

1. Jess says:

These look amazing! I love oatmeal raisin cookies. And I absolutely LOVE raisins, especially in oatmeal….or cookies 🙂

2. These look delicious! We just posted an oatmeal cookie recipe a couple days ago, they make a delicious breakfast! I love oatmeal cookies, but usually prefer chocolate in them!

3. I have to be in the mood for raisins. In a cookie, I usually like them but not in much else. Dried cherries are so much tastier in my opinion 🙂
    I actually prefer healthier tasting cookies so these have my name written all over them!

4. sarah g says:

Ohh, you used my suggestion, dessert for breakfast! (Haha, but then again, I guess most of your breakfast recipes could be classified as “dessert”) These breakfast cookies look delicious. Oh and I live raisins, but find them absolutely repulsive on their own. They taste best in cereals, or mixed in yogurt with other things, and also in oatmeal.

5. teabagginit says:

i’m actually not the biggest fan of dried fruit (too much sugar without the water content to fill me up)
    grapes, on the other hand, i LOVE grapes!

6. I made oatmeal raisin cookies last night – but these are way healthier! 🙂

7. I love oatmeal raisin cookies!!! These look delicious, and who doesn’t like cookies for breakfast?! Raisins are the best – especially in oatmeal. I like adding them when the oatmeal is almost finished cooking so that they plump up nicely.

8. Patricia says:

Wow — I see no reason you couldn’t try dehyrdraing these for a raw food diet, do you? They look great. I might try that.

1. I bet you could!

I mean, I was eating so much of the raw dough that heck, who needs to cook them at all? 😉

9. These look wonderful! I love oatmeal raisin and I’m betting I will love these cookies!!

10. Jennifer JCD says:

Mmm… breakfast cookies! I must admit that we eat similar breakfast cookies quite often. We sometimes add hemp hearts and/or sunflower seeds for an extra energy kick. And we’re on your GO RAISINS team – love them so much we buy them by the case!

I don’t know where the North American breakfast traditions come from – they all seem so boring. Cookies, cakes, and rice (oddly enough) are my favourite things to eat first thing in the morning. 🙂

11. Kira says:

Sometimes I just do eat cookies for breakfast… but these would be wayyy better than regular cookies!!
    I’m actually neutral about raisins… don’t love them, but don’t hate them.

12. beatrice says:

please let me thanks you…i love your mug cake…the microwave chocolate one…it’s just wonderful…

13. Ooh they look delicious – thanks for a nutritious breakfast recipe, I need more of those so I don’t just go with oatmeal every day (as much as I love it!!)

14. LOVE them! This recipe sounds like a winning one! Perfect breakfast to grab on the go!

15. Thanks for the recipe! I need more good breakfast recipes so i don’t just eat oatmeal every day – as much as I love it!!

16. Perfect go to breakfast! 🙂 Mmmmmm!
    I do love me some rainsins! Especially plump juicy ones!

17. Tonya Parker says:

Team No- Raisins!! Blech… but keep up with the breakfast recipes!

18. HOORAY for breakfast cookies! These look fantastic..maybe even better with the addition of a few chocolate chips in there 🙂

19. Sabrina says:

MMMM, yummy! I was thinking about what I was going to eat for breakfast when I saw this and immediately whipped some up. They are so good!

20. Rebecca says:

Omg… Thinking about riding my bike to the store later today to purchase ingredients for these breakfast cookies! Can’t wait to try one 😉