Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Red Velvet Pancakes

Cake for breakfast.

Good morning, indeed.

I’ve written before about my friend Andrea.

I still think of Andrea as my chatterbox middle-school friend with braces, always chasing after boys. So it’s funny to see her now, as a married mom of a five-year-old daughter. Kristin (her daughter) is the sweetest little girl, and I’m always excited when they come to visit.

This morning, I told Kristin I would make her whatever she wanted for breakfast. After quite a long period of deliberation, she decided on the red velvet pancakes, swayed by her mom’s suggestion they’d be a good Valentine’s Day treat.

heart pancake

Although I do have a red velvet pancake recipe floating around the blog, I made today’s pancakes a little bit differently. I omitted the food coloring and tried using raspberries instead. As you can see from the photos, the result isn’t extremely red… but they’re red in spirit!

Healthy Red Velvet Pancakes

This is a Single-Serving Recipe.

• 2 tbsp whole-wheat pastry flour (or white, spelt, or Arrowhead Mills gf mix)
  • 2 tbsp plus 1 tsp oat bran (You can sub flour if need be.)
  • 1/2 tsp plus 1/8 tsp baking powder
  • scant 1/8 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp cocoa powder (For a more brownie-like taste, try dutch cocoa.)
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/3 cup pureed raspberries (or sub 1/3c milk of choice)
  • 1 tablespoon oil (Omit only if you like the taste of fat-free pancakes.)
  • milk of choice – Use more or less, depending on how thick you want the batter
  • 1-2 tbsp sugar, or 1 stevia packet (If using liquid sweetener, decrease the milk.)
  • If not using the berry puree, you can add food coloring if desired for the red color (Whole Foods sells a natural brand, called Select.)
  • optional: Feel free to add some mini chocolate chips.

Mix dry ingredients. Add wet and mix. Then make your pancakes! (Serves 1)

Note: The nutrition information for this recipe is pretty much the same as for the other version. You can see that information here: Pancakes Calories and Nutrition Facts.

These pancakes were inhaled!

Heart Healthy Red Velvet Pancakes

Above, topped with my special Homemade & Healthy Cream Cheese Frosting.

Tags: , , , , ,

1. emily says:

yum, they look so good. would love to see your version of hot chocolate on a stick…

2. Abby says:

Jelly roll cake for one???

I gotta see that! Please please please post that!

1. Abby says:

I know it’ll probably be out-voted, because it’s the only non-chocolate recipe on the list. 😕

But it’s still my choice, unpopular though it might be!

1. L. says:

I’ll join you! Jelly roll cake for me, please :).

3. Kate says:

These look AMAZING. Yum. And….chocolate chunk love cookies. Yep.

4. Ally says:

Strawberry Chocolate Truffle Pie!!!!

1. Jessica says:

I agree, Strawberry-Chocolate Truffle Pie please! I love anything with strawberries and chocolate.

1. Crystal says:

samezies!!!! Truffle pie!

2. Jeni says:

Strawberry-Chocolate Truffle Pie!

5. Tsutsui says:

Those pancakes look so pretty! If the frosting were pink it would be even more “Valentine-y” 😀

I wonder what the “Chocolate Chunk Love Cookies” are like. . .
    I’d love to see what a regular chocolate chunk cookie would turn into for valentines day :d

6. Sarahishealthy says:

I have to choose??? How???!
    Ok I’ll go with the jelly roll cake, just because they’re usually complicated so I’d love to see if your version is easier! I bet it is!

7. Katy says:

Mini Jelly Roll Cake for One would be awesome!

8. Marla says:

Ooh, I want to know more about hot chocolate on a stick!

(And those pancakes…nom!)

9. Nicole says:

Chocolate Chunk Cookies!!!

10. Jules says:

mini jelly roll cake please :)

11. Your original Red Velvet Pancakes have been made MULTIPLE times here at my place, I’ll have to try this version as well. Beautiful pics, as always, happy Valentines!

12. Marty says:

Chocolate Chunk Love Cookies! <3

13. Camille- the college girl says:

Chocolate Chunk Love cookies!

14. Brandi says:

Strawberry-Chocolate Truffle Pie
    I just made something very similar and would love to see another version! You can never go wrong with chocolate.

15. Erin says:

Mini Jelly Roll Cake for One :)

16. Katie says:

chocolate chunk love cookies! 😀 yummmm!

17. michelle says:

Strawberry chocolate pie or well any of them….because they all will be good :)

18. alex says:

you only let her choose from cc diet breakfast recipes? is this little girl on a diet??

1. Alex,
      “CC Diet” stands for “Chocolate-Covered Diet.” It doesn’t mean “diet” recipes. Sorry for the confusion!

19. Mini Jelly Roll Cake gets my vote!
    You should come make me breakfast… ;P

1. Ok… but you have to make me dessert, Miss Raw Chef extraordinaire! 😉

20. Breanne says:

Chocolate chunk cookies please!

21. Claire says:

jelly roll cake for one!! yum

22. Elizabeth says:

Those pancakes look so pretty!

I vote Strawberry-Chocolate Truffle Pie:)

23. Natalie says:

Strawberry truffle pie :)

24. Ruby says:

WOW. These look incredible! I personally like the sound of chocolate chunk love cookies :)

25. Kristi says:

Strawberry Chocolate Truffle Pie . . . delish!!!

26. What pretty pancakes!!! Love the photography Katie!

27. Nicole K. says:

Strawberry-Chocolate Truffle Pie!!

28. Hmm, all of them? I can NEVER have to many CCK recipes! 😉

29. Jess says:

My vote is the jelly roll! Though, of course, they all sound tasty!

30. Katie these look so good! The recipe, the frosting and sprinkles, the little heart cutout, the pictures with all the pink going on…I love this post :)

31. christy says:

Jelly roll for one. Oh yea!

32. Aja says:

Yum! They look so good, too. I’m gonna vote for cookies.

33. They’re so pretty!!! Great recipe 😀

34. Kasia says:

Jelly Roll Cake for One!

35. Mini jelly roll cake for one! Sounds awesome!!

36. Lauren says:

Hey CCK, I’d love either the chocolate chunk love cookies or the truffle pie. These pancakes look delicious, btw. Oh, and congrats on the tv gig! I hope you continue to have success in your venture; I look forward to visiting your site everyday!

37. Kathy says:

Mini jelly roll cake! It sounds the most interesting!
    I love the pictures, and the pancakes look so fluffy and gooey, and layered with the cream makes it look so decadent!
    I wish I could make these today for breakfast, but I’m sick and therefore must eat congee (rice porridge)!

38. Lena says:

I say either chocolate chunk love cookies or hot chocolate on a stick! And these pancakes look awesome – I think I might go and make one for myself, in a bit. 😀 (And the way you decorated it reaaally makes me want to make it for my boyfriend for Valentine’s Day!)

39. Elzie says:

Mini jelly roll cake for one, please!! 😀 These pancakes look delish!

40. Samantha says:

Ooooh! the chocolate strawberry truffle pie or the chocolate chunk cookies get my vote!!

41. Jessie says:

Jelly roll!

42. Cindy says:

strawberry-chocolate truffle pie x 1,000,000 (the # of followers you’ll soon have!) votes

43. Giselle says:

These look amazing! Does your friend’s daughter have a special diet?

1. No, but you can still enjoy vegan food even if you’re not a vegan :).

44. Amber K says:

I must know anything that is called a chocolate chunk love cookie!

45. Sarah says:

Strawberry Chocolate Truffle Pie is my vote– also, have you ever heard of scotcheroo’s? They are incredibly unhealthy peanut butter rice krispy treats with chocolate butterscotch on top. Do you think you could make these healthy?

46. Mrs.Price says:

Jelly roll cake please!!!!

47. STRAWBERRY CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE PIE…please please please.

48. Sonyanijntje says:

And did Kristin like the pancakes? 😀 I’m sure she did.

As for tomorrows post… I can’t decide between the ‘Mini Jelly Roll Cake for One’ and the ‘Strawberry-Chocolate Truffle Pie’…..

1. She loved them… but I think she liked the sprinkles best :).

49. Omg, mini jelly roll cake.
    Please post that tomorrow, because now it will haunt my dreams.

50. chocolate chunk love cookies!!!! i love your cookie recipes! also your pancake recipes!!!

51. Sophie says:

Here are my top 3 picks:

1. Chocolate Chunk Love Cookies
    2. Hot Chocolate on a Stick
    3. Strawberry-Chocolate Truffle Pie

Thanks Katie! These sound delicious!

52. These look like the perfect way to show someone that you love them! Mmmm! :)
    I think any of the single serving things are out of this world but hotchocolate on a stick?!?! That one wins!

53. Alan Kleesattel says:

I was wandering how large you normally make these pancakes and all the other pancakes you have on this oh so wonderful blog! Thanks

1. Depends on how they fall… and how big the pan is that I’m using at the time.

54. Karla says:

Mm, those pancakes look good. You should post bigger servings along with your single-serve so I don’t always have to do the math! I almost always make the recipes for me and the kiddos.

Hm… either jelly roll or chocolate chunk cookies.

1. You are so right… I really need to get a bigger-serving pancake recipe up!

55. Jennifer says:

These look amazing! I love all of your pancake recipes. Actually, I love ALL of your recipes period.
    Hmm all five sound so yummy, but I’d like to see the strawberry chocolate truffle pie or the chocolate chunk love cookies 😀

56. Those pancakes are too cute. I hope my valentine makes me those…

I vote hot chocolate on a stick!

57. Christi says:

Jelly Roll Cake for one please….b/c of my past love of swiss cake rolls, that aren’t even real food, but they remind me of being little plus I love recipes for one.

58. Mini Jelly Roll Cake for one!!!!!! And those pancakes look so good! I love holiday-themed foods!

59. Melissa says:

Wow! Those look delicious! I love raspberries and chocolate together! :) The picture almost looks like the heart on top is photo-shopped in!! You take such great pictures.

I say the Jelly Roll – that sounds super yummy! But then they all do – so very hard choice…

1. Thanks!
      It’s not photoshopped in, but I did blur the entire background in the second photo to make the heart stand out :).

60. Anna Lynn says:

These look AMAZING! So craving a big stack of pancakes right now….

As much as I wanted to say chocolate chunk cookies, my vote goes for the mini jelly rolls for one! It sounds different and delicious!

61. Moni'sMeals says:

wow what a treat these pancakes are. Yes please!

I say chocolate chunk LOVE cookies. then the jelly roll. :)

62. Julia says:

jelly roll for one, please!

63. Ashley says:

Chocolate chunk love cookies pleeaseee :)

64. Cathy says:

Mini Jelly Roll Cake for one

Hot Chocolate on a Stick

65. Leo says:

The cookies, oh please, the cookies!

66. Gi says:

hot choc on a stick please! 😀

67. Cheryl says:

Yaaay for no food colouring!!!! MUCH rather have raspberries, especially for the little ones!

68. Kelsey says:

Strawberry-Chocolate Truffle Pie!
    By the way, your blog has been a life-saver for me. I’m not a vegan, but I am severely lactose-intolerant, so I cannot digest any food or baked goods with milk, butter, or cream in them. I love that your recipes are healthy, lower-calorie, and don’t use any artificial sweeteners, since my stomach can’t handle them, either. Your blog fits my needs perfectly, and even kindled a love of oatmeal (I always hated oatmeal before I tried your recipes!) You are truly talented!

69. Kyra says:

DEFINITELY hot chocolate on a stick!

70. Jess says:

Chocolate Chunk Love Cookies

71. Hmm,,,I am thinking Chocolate Chunk Love Cookies would be delicious;)

72. Samantha says:

It is such a toss-up between Strawberry-Chocolate Truffle Pie and Chocolate Chunk Love Cookies for me. I think I will vote for the Strawberry-Chocolate Truffle Pie.

Tomorrow I should be trying the the Chocolate Bar Pie with these Rescue Chocolate Peanut Butter Pit Bull chocolate bars. Never tried the bars or the recipe. I am very excited. :)

Looking forward to whatever you decide!

73. Samantha says:

I don’t know where my comment went. :)

Anyway, the short of it was a vote for the Strawberry-Chocolate Truffle Pie.

1. LOL I see it… Maybe it just took awhile to show up on your end?

I hope you like the chocolate pie! I’d never heard of those chocolate bars before, so I googled it and am amazed. What an awesome cause!! I will have to buy some :).

1. Samantha says:

I literally just learned about them myself this week. I will let you know what I think of them (I picked my favorite combination). I think it is a great cause too and really admired her thought into the rescue and quality side.

(PS. I think you are right, comments were just clogged. :))

74. A. Non! says:

I want to see all of your recipes, but for V-Day I’d vote for Chocolate Chunk Love Cookies!

75. Lisa says:

You can also make it red by using a roasted beet puree with a little lemon juice :)
    The key to dye-free red velvet using beets is keeping it acidic!

76. single serve jelly roll!

77. Nathalie says:

I’d have to vote for the roll cake! It sounds the most unique =D

I have a “recipe” I tried that’s kind of Valentine’s day-ish. But instead of red coloring from berries like raspberries or strawberries, my red/pink element was from candy canes…. That still counts though, right? Especially with chocolate?

78. Tara says:

Mini Jelly Roll Cake for sure!!

79. I love the heart cut-out on top, that’s so cute! These look delicious; I can’t wait to try the recipe. I’d like to see the Chocolate Chunk Love cookies next :)

80. Cammy says:

Chocolate Chunk Love please!

81. Michele says:

Chocolate chunk love cookies please!

82. Oh wow, I gotta vote for love cookies!

83. Katie says:

They all sound so good but I’m most intrigued with the Mini Jelly Roll Cake! I’m sure whatever you post will have me drooling as usual;)

84. Leanna C says:

Wow, they all sound really good… but I’m pretty curious about that hot chocolate on a stick!

85. I vote mini jelly roll cake for one. My boyfriend is in Germany, while I am in the US this Valentine’s day, so I need some of your single serving recipes to get me through. And I can only imagine that mini jelly roll cakes look so good photographed!

86. Danni says:

Mini Jelly Roll Cake for One! I want that so bad (although I will double it to share with my husband). :)

87. Jessica says:

jelly roll cake for one!! :)

88. Rachelle says:

Strawberry chocolate trifle pie! MMMMM…

89. Rasha says:

Chocolate Chunk Love Cookies in a heartbeat! :)

90. Brit says:

Jelly roll for one!! I love your single serving recipes!

91. Lori says:

I vote for Strawberry-Chocolate Truffle Pie.

92. Jane says:

Jelly Roll Cake gets my vote! I remember having this amazing Swiss chocolate roll cake with vanilla ice cream before I became vegan-it was unbelievably delicious!

93. Kat says:

I’d love to see a jelly roll cake. That sounds the most interesting, and I could see it being for Valentine’s day.

94. Cheryl says:

Here’s something we made… Strawberry shortcake waffles with vegan whip cream & maple agave syrup. My guys just ate it up. Thanks for the inspiration. Warmly, C.

1. Wow, those sound amazing! I really need to get out my waffle maker!

95. mrsluckypants says:

Strawberry Chocolate Truffle pie and/or the Jelly Roll Cake. Darling pancakes!!!! I bet Kristin was thrilled with her beautiful plate of pancakes. They sound great can’t wait to try them out on my kids.

96. Emily says:

Chocolate chunk love cookies!

97. Victoria says:

chocolate chunk love cookies and mini jelly roll cake! yes, i asked for two. i have no shame…

98. Diandra says:

Some time ago I read about someone using beets in chocolate cake, kind of like people use applesauce. She said the taste was great, and it should give a nice red color, don’t you think?

99. Emilia says:

Yum! I’m quite the nervous pancake maker, I can never seem to flip them properly, but I will have to get over that fear to try these. The raspberry puree is such a good idea! A little late, but I would love to see the strawberry-chocolate truffle pie :)

100. Pauline says:

Chocolate chunk love cookies!

101. kelly r says:

Jelly roll for one sounds yum!

102. Katie Campbell says:

Chocolate chip looooooove cookies please :)

103. These are so adorable! I need to make these tomorrow 😉

104. Tamara says:

Jelly roll for one!

105. Heather says:

Made these pancakes for my teenager this morning. I didn’t have any bananas so I used dark chocolate almond milk and sliced some banana on top. I made a double portion and he gobbled them down. Said they were very tasty. So I just made myself one for lunch – and I agree – Yum!

106. Heather says:

Meant to say didn’t have any raspberries.

107. OMG this officially looks like the most amazing pancakes ever- I need to make these next weekend! I love how you didn’t use any artificial dye in these too! Even better! I actually made your Fat Blueberry Pancakes this weekend (though I subbed raspberries) and they were DELICIOUS and I ate every bite!

108. I love your pancake recipes! They are the perfect size and amount for me and my little one to share for breakfast! And I love that they aren’t that bad for you and still taste like you’re eating a treat!

109. I’m very late to the party and you’ve already posted the jelly roll recipe so I can vote for the second recipe of the week being Chocolate Chunk Cookies please??? Thanks!!!

110. Megan E. says:

Thanks for the recipe! My DH is allergic to red food coloring so it’s nice to see an alternative.

(PS. I would vote for any of the chocolate recipes!)

111. Marie says:

You mentioned in the last week or so about a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Mug Cake. Can you post that some time soon? I love your chocolate and mocha single serving cakes and have been drooling ever since you mentioned this version :). Thanks!!

PS–Thank-you for all your amazing recipes!! I tried the Snickerdoodle Blondies this weekend and loved them. Your Cookie Dough dip was also wonderful!!

1. Here’s the recipe so far, but it’s not perfected… I’m thinking it tastes a little dry right now, but maybe not? If you try it, let me know what you think!

•1/4c spelt flour (or maybe another flour like peanut flour?)
      •1/8 plus 1/16 tsp salt
      •1/8 tsp baking soda
      •2 tsp sugar or evaporated cane juise
      •1 stevia pack or 1 tablespoon more sugar
      •1 tablespoon oil (coconut or canola or veg)
      •3 tablespoons milk of choice
      •1/4 tsp vanilla
      •2-3 tsp chocolate chips
      Combine dry. Add wet. Microwave 1 min, 20 seconds (or more or less, depending on your microwave).

1. Marie says:

I just wanted you to know, this mug cake has quickly become my new favorite! Yum!! Thank-you for letting me test it out before you had the recipe completely finalized. So good!!

PS–I’m bring the cookie dough dip to my monthly bunco night tomorrow. I know they’re all going to love it too! Thanks for all the healthy, easy, YUMMY recipes!!

2. Aww that makes me so so happy! I’m so grateful you took the time to test it for me! :)

3. Marie says:

I was a tough job, but I was up to the challenge…LOL 😉

4. I’m going to try the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Mug Cake you’re working on but I’m going to try maple syrup instead of TBSP of sugar….will let you know how it comes out….one of your devotees….xoxo

5. I made the C C C Dough Mud Cake just now with the maple syrup & decreased the milk by a couple of drops….came out deeeeevine not dry at all…..put it in micro for 1:35 at level 9 then added a spoon of nutella (healthy) when I was ready to dive in……..OOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!

112. reamz says:

Mini Jelly Roll Cake for One

113. Catriona says:

Chocolate chunk love cookies please!!!!
    They sound realllllly good :)

114. Love how the pancakes are tinted red from the berries!

115. Julie says:

Those look incredible!

116. Marie says:

Thanks for the recipe for the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Mug cake. I just made it…definitely didn’t need it, but wanted to try the recipe. It’s Valentine’s Day after all :). I used 1 T applesauce instead of the oil and accidedentely used baking powder, instead of soda. It’s fantastic. Mine didn’t turn out dry at all. In my microwave, I cooked it just over a minute. Thanks for sharing the recipe early!! It’s definitely a keeper!

1. Marie says:

PS–I also used 1 T mini chocolate chips.

117. Amy says:

Yum, these pancakes were delicious! However, I had a bit of an issue with the consistency; the batter was so thick that the pancakes wouldn’t flip, and even after leaving them on the stove for some time, didn’t seem to want to cook through. We kept adding more water to the batter until it became a better pancake-y consistency, and turned out soooooo yummy!

118. Jenn says:

Stumbled across this blog looking for a mug cake recipe and found the chocolate chip one in the comments. Mmmmmmm, SO good! Thanks for sharing! :)

119. Rachele says:

These are absolutely delicious!! We didn’t have raspberries so I purreed strawberries instead. I had to add a little more almond milk to get the right consistency and doubled the recipe for my daughter and I to share. Delicious!! I love that they are healthy. Thank you!!

120. Heather says:

ok so I think I might be missing something but is there suppose to be water or some sort of almond milk in this recipe?

1. wow, I cannot believe you are the first person to tell me this! Holy cow, I completely left out that ingredient! Thank you for letting me know!!

1. Heather says:

your very welcome….I did open another link to the recipe and found the measurement

121. Chelsea says:

Hi Katie,
    I love your blog, and I frequently use your pancake recipes which are usually a great success. But I just was wondering, maybe I am doing something wrong, but everytime I attempt to make a pancake recipe with a significant amount of fruit in the ingredients ( I also experienced this problem with your strawberry pancakes), my batter never turns out when I cook it on the skillet. What ends up happening is the outsides become burnt, and the inside remains undercooked, therefore causing me to throw them out :( Do you have any tips or suggestions to solve this issue? Thanks a lot :)

1. Heather says:

that’s the best way to eat them I wouldn’t throw them out :) LOL I’d devour them just like the pizzert I made that was not cooked all the way thru the best mmmmm sorry just 1 girl’s opinion

2. Maybe make them smaller? That way they’ll cook in the middle before the outside burns!

1. Smaller and more shallow (i.e. not as thick)

122. Claudia says:

I’m a single gal too and I’m becoming obessed with all your Single Girl Recipes, what a great idea. I’m loving this one especially, yumm! Keep the great recipes coming!

123. Keith says:

Hi, Katie! Just tried these. I didn’t use a nonstick pan, which you might want to recommend — they blackened pretty quickly in a pan which I usually use to make pancakes.

They cooked like pancakes, but they remained a bit “loose” in the middle. Toasting them in the toaster oven very low helped.

All that said, they were yummy. Thx!

124. Sophie says:

Alrighty, so I want to make these for breakfast tomorrow, but I have one question. Could i use wheat bran instead of oat bran? I have a big bag of wheat bran just waiting to be used up!

1. Sorry, I haven’t tried it so I don’t know :-?.

125. kylee says:

how do you measure these? i used 1/4 cup to pour the batter in the pan and i only got three pancakes out of this. please help!

126. Artificially-colored red velvet cakes have always grossed me out because they remind me of blood. But this doesn’t! 😉

127. Melanie says:

I made the mistake of making this recipe late at night when I was reeeallly hungry! I over doubled the recipe and added quite a bit more sweetener than required (though I didn’t add anything on top), and of course splurged on the chocolate chips. :) This made such thick, moist pancakes that when I layered them and topped them with just a smidge of my best life buttery spread, I basically had made a giant, delicious, moist chocolate layer cake in a skillet! However it was so rich and thick I had to keep it covered and eat it over the course of a few days. I’m proud to say it stayed moist the entire time, though not un-invaded by my hungry family. Thanks again for another great recipe!

128. Katlyn Barrette says:

Pretty awesome recipe if I do say so myself! Your Blog is just amazing! I can eat clean and enjoy it too! Never though that I would be able to rearrange my lifestyle and become healthy while enjoying what I am eating at the same time! Keep them coming!! (BTW, Your sloppy joes….HELLO, honestly best thing I have ever had! Whole family loved them and they are carnivores lol, so that tells you something!)

129. Elizabeth says:

Love your recipes.
    Just wondering if anyone has tried making any of the pancake recipes using waffle iron? Do you think it would work?

130. Patrick says:

Will you be making a red velvet cake/cupcake recipe anytime soon?

131. Hey Katie I love your recipes they’re really inspiring

If you get the time, check out, there’s a lot of healthy recipe ideas I think you’d really like

Keep doing what you do best!

132. Katie-
    I am curious to know what you topped these with… looks delicious!

1. Alicia (veggieburgersrock) says:

I used to hate pancakes until I started trying your delicious recipes, thanks!!!

133. Hony Keooudom says:

This is the first Recipe I tried… And frankly it wasn’t all that good.. Because it was actually beyond delicious! I love how you have single recipes. I love to cook and bake and I’m still learning so I do end up having major mess-ups. The single recipes allows me to practice without using up all my ingredients. It’s awesome that they’re healthy too! I am trying to watch what I eat, but I love to be in the kitchen, so cooking healthy is soooo AMAZING, all thanks to your recipes! <3

1. lol you scared me for a second! So glad it turned out well! :)

134. Kaitlyn says:

SO good…just like everything else on this blog! tested these pancakes this morning & plan on making them again for my husband’s birthday tomorrow. thanks Katie!

135. JR says:

Have you considered Cinnamon Roll Pancakes?

A healthy version of this, perhaps:

1. I have a recipe and just need to make them again to photoshoot :)

1. JR says:

Awesome! I’d love to see that recipe! We are planning on making Cinnamon Roll Pancakes for our daughter’s 5th birthday next weekend!

136. Al Green says:

You’ve got to be kidding! Do you come up with these yourself?

My mouth is watering just thinking about them. Between the cookies and cream and this one I don’t know what we want to make on Sunday morning.

Thanks a ton.

137. Jessica says:

Hi Katie! I was wondering, since I don’t have a lot of time for preparing in the mornings, can the batter be made the night before and stored in the fridge until morning usage?

138. Haley Shepherd says:

I love making your pancakes but I can never get the right texture. They are always kinda mushy and not fluffy. Any tips?

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Did you read CCK’s troubleshooting tips on her FAQ page at the top of the blog? Please read through and then if you still have questions you can reply here with more specifics about the flour and ingredients you are using so someone can hopefully help you.

139. Stefanie Dawson says:

These pancakes were fabulous!!! We didn’t eat them with the frosting, just pure maple syrup, but they were so delicious! Thank you!