Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies

These mini chocolate chip breakfast cookies are so wholesomely delicious that you can easily eat them for breakfast or dessert!

Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies... with NO added sugar! - Sweetened naturally with fruit... Ingredients: 1/2 cup oats, 2 tsp vanilla, 1 tsp... Full recipe: @choccoveredkt

is for the way you look at me.

Wholesome chocolate chip cookies great for breakfast or snack, with no added sugar and no flour called for in the recipe. The perfect homemade treat to throw in a lunchbox, they are full of healthy ingredients:

chocolate raspberry cookies

is for the only one I see.

love dough

is for cookie.
That’s good enough for me.
Cookie cookie cookie starts with C.

Somehow, I’ve managed to mix up Nat King Cole and Cookie Monster.

chocolate chunk cookie

All you need is love.
And cookies.

Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies

Print This Recipe No ratings yet.

• 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • scant 1/2 cup applesauce or mashed banana
  • 1/4 cup cashew butter - or allergy-friendly alternative
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/16 tsp salt
  • 2-3 tbsp mini chocolate chips or chunks
  • 2 1/2 tbsp freeze-dried raspberries - or 1 tbsp dried fruit or more chocolate chips
  • pinch stevia OR 1 tbsp sugar (If you have no sweet tooth you can omit. If you have a big sweet tooth or are used to “non-healthy-tasting” desserts, add extra sugar as desired.)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mash the applesauce or banana with the nut butter, then add all other ingredients and mix until well-combined. Shape into cookies (I used a mini cookie scoop) and bake on a greased cookie sheet for around 14-16 minutes, then let cool 10 minutes before removing from sheet. This makes 18 mini cookies (as shown in the photos), or 10-12 bigger cookies.

View Nutrition Facts

These cookie bites are highly delicious. But don’t expect them to taste like Tollhouse chocolate-chip cookies. I do have a healthy recipe for those. See the following, which is one of my website’s most-popular recipes ever: Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Link Of The Day:

Healthy Apple Pie Recipe

Tags: , , , ,

1. Samantha says:

Good to know on the Whole Foods chocolate chunk, I have been on a Sunspire Organic Fair Trade 65% Cacao Bittersweet Baking Chips rampage and need to change it up.

These look so heavenly and I love raspberry and chocolate as a combination. Will be trying soon.

Oh yes, grew up on Sesame Street! It is amazing how much it has changed and still managed to continue on.

I love Batman in the background and am SO jealous of your weather! A dress wearing day is a good day!

1. nicole long says:

These look yummy! My daughter is a T1 diabetic. How many carbs are in these?

1. Helen de Walais says:

Check the nutrition information link it’s all there..

2. Jolene says:

wow these look yum! definitely making them for brekkie tomorrow 🙂

3. Emma says:

Not sure what’s more gorgeous, you or the cookies!

Random question, but have you ever thought about modeling?

1. Emma says:

If not, you should! 🙂

1. I haven’t… but you just made my week with your comment :).

4. What a great cookie! However I would have to make a small batch, I can see eating way to many of them.

1. Samantha says:

LOL. I often divide her recipes down…my reasoning is easier to try more of them and more days of baking. 🙂

2. Jennifer says:

I love the “single lady” recipes. I would have the same problem with a larger batch 🙂

1. Samantha says:

No kidding. “Single Lady” fall in my why-didn’t-I-think-of-that category. Especially for recipes like these that are very easy to consume. 🙂

Anyway, I did a quick and tiny run at these today and if you wanted and idea of tiny portion this is what I did:

2Tbls oats
        2Tbls applesauce
        1Tbls PB
        Splash vanilla (I love vanilla, I usually go higher than called for)
        Didn’t worry about the salt
        Didn’t worry about the sugar
        2Tbls Frozen raspberries (the main reason I was testing actually – besides eating)

This produced about 5 mini-cookies. A blip on my cookie eating radar. You can see I maintained her ratios and just cut the recipe to a 1/4…I think.

Tomorrow I will do tiny amount again because I need to evaluate the sugar question. For my tastes – perfect without the sugar. But these are in my running for a bake sale this weekend and I have to think about public preference. 🙂

1. Samantha says:

Edit to my own reply. Um. I think I didn’t maintain ratios in the raspberries or the chocolate however. That is a bit funny now that I am re-reading this.

The chocolate I just eyeballed because I had a situation called trying to chop up whatever chocolate bar I had around.

And I think I did 2 full Tablespoons of frozen berries! No wonder the darn things didn’t set! Yes, frozen may have been an issue, but talk about tipping the liquid scale.

If you are wondering: of course I still ate them – they were doughy but not inedible!

2. Guest says:

That’s awesome; thanks for scaling it down! Now I’ll *really* have to try this recipe, haha.

5. Emilia says:

Yum, yum, yum. These look delicious and, I agree, perfect for breakfast! I’m taking an overnight flight this weekend and may make these to have instead of the yucky plane breakfast they serve. I’m sure whoever sits next to me will be jealous 🙂

6. michelle says:

Those look great!!!
    I used to have a cookie monster doll he went everywhere with me…he was my favorite too

7. Erin says:

These look awesome, Katie! I can’t wait to try them. And such a cute picture of you. 🙂

8. These would be the perfect way to start the day!!

9. Therese says:

It makes me happy to see a fellow female eating chocolate chips, and yet thin and clear skinned. Helps me to believe in fairies. I can’t do it myself, but I think I’ll try these for my kids! Thank you again and again for such a fun website, I try to share it with everyone I can. And my brother and I were fanatical cookie monster fans in the eighties. Do you remember Monsterpiece theater with Alistair Cookie? We loved it.

1. I don’t… but I’m going to google it now!

2. kate says:

Monsterpiece theater! Blast from the past lol

10. these look delicious, I love combining fruit and chocolate! And I LOVE that song!

11. I think they sound better than a tollhoue cookie! Chocolate and fruit! Mmmm!

12. katie says:

I loved sesame street. I mean, I would actually watch it now if I had PBS.

I’m going to have to try these cookies. We don’t have a Whole Foods but we have Wegman’s.

13. Love the look of these – nice and chewy! 🙂

14. I love Batman in the background! Where do you live, Katie? Swimming pool and sunshine, lucky you!!

1. Texas… right now, it’s the very-short “nice weather” season. All too soon it’s going to be 100+ degrees :-?.

15. Wow, these look so good. I love how you alway have our best interests in mind. You know, chocolate. This is the type of breakfast food I could really get used to.

1. That should be EVERYone’s best interest, right? 😉

1. Totally agreed…::takes sip of her breakfast chocolate milk:…

16. I loved Sesame Street as a kid! I can still sing numbers 1-10 in Spanish because of the Count! 😉 And Cookie Monster was definitely a favorite … still is! 😉

17. Cyndi says:

Yay! I was totally waiting for this recipe, these look so good.
    I did watch sesame street as a kid, and I do now cause my daughter LOVES it! Her favorite is cookie monster too 🙂

18. Alanna says:

I loved Sesame Street! Did anyone else see the movie Follow That Bird? Those cookies look awesome (and CCK is gorgeous as always)! I’m not sure I’ve seen freeze-dried fruit, though… does it taste different than regular dried fruit? I often have dried cherries and cranberries around so I may have to try a variation with those. 🙂

1. Samantha says:

Gosh…I totally forgot about follow that bird.

Anyway, in the Seattle area of WA state there is a lot of freeze-dried fruits actually. Around here they tend to be expensive and naturally totally addictive. This used to be the main brand around me:

I would buy these containers of Just Fruit Munchies for something like $8 and trust me it never lasted long (I had to put myself on financial restriction). I think (hope) the prices have come down considerably since they first started showing up in the mainstream stores. I will know later today when I go shopping. 🙂

It used to be you could find bags of it in the camping sections (lighter than dried fruit in the pack and sometimes every oz truly does count).

1. Alanna says:

Thanks, Samantha!

19. These are so fun! Of course I watched sesame street! Love it!

20. these look incredible Katie! they remind me of your oatmeal raisin breakfast cookies – still have to cross those off my list. PS: i can’t tell you enough how jealous i am of your beautiful, thick hair! absolutely gorgeous. 🙂