is for the way you look at me.
is for the only one I see.
is for cookie.
That’s good enough for me.
Cookie cookie cookie starts with C.
Somehow, I’ve managed to mix up Nat King Cole and Cookie Monster.
All you need is love.
Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- scant 1/2 cup applesauce or mashed banana
- 1/4 cup roasted cashew butter OR allergy-friendly alternative
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/16 tsp salt
- 1-2 tbsp mini chocolate chips or chunks
- 2 1/2 tbsp freeze-dried raspberries (or 1 tbsp dried fruit OR more chocolate chips)
- pinch stevia OR 1 tablespoon sugar. (I often omit this altogether, so if you have no sweet tooth you can try it that way. And if you have a big sweet tooth—or are used to “non-healthy-tasting” desserts—you can add extra sugar as desired.)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mash the applesauce or banana with the nut butter, then add all other ingredients and mix until well-combined. Shape into cookies (I used a mini cookie scoop) and bake on a greased cookie sheet for around 14-16 minutes, then let cool 10 minutes before removing from sheet. This makes 18 mini cookies (as shown in the photos), or 10-12 bigger cookies. These cookie bites are highly delicious. But don’t expect them to taste like Tollhouse chocolate-chip cookies. I do have a healthy recipe for those. See the following, which is one of my website’s most-popular recipes ever: Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies