Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Cookie Dough Popsicles

I can’t explain it.

These are popsicles that taste like cookie dough.

Obviously the texture is different. But the taste?

Spot on cookie dough!

cookie dough pops

Cookie Dough Popsicles

Adapted from Mint Chocolate Fudge Pops.

• 2/3 cup milk or yogurt of choice (160g)
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/16 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp coconut sugar or brown sugar (You could use stevia, but it won’t have as much of a cookie dough flavor) (16g)
  • pinch stevia OR 1 1/2 tbsp additional sugar
  • 1 tbsp mini chocolate chips (15g)

Combine all ingredients and stir well. Pour into paper cups or popsicles molds, and freeze. (If you want the chocolate chips to not all sink to the bottom, pour only 1/2 the mixture into each pop mold and freeze, then add the rest and freeze again.)

View Cookie Dough Pops Nutrition

cookie dough pops

Is there any recipe you can think of that needs a cookie dough version?

I was thinking of trying to make cookie dough French Toast. Or cookie dough cinnamon rolls! Or cheesecake, or brownies, or… Maybe I’m taking this cookie dough obsession a little too far.

cookie dough breakfast

Cookie Dough Baked Oatmeal

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. Ooo these look delicious and very simple! They would be great to serve for dessert at a summer BBQ!

2. PS I’ve made cookie dough brownies and they were amazingly delicious. I made a batch for a vegan bake-sale benefit and they sold out within 10 minutes!

3. Katie says:

This looks like the greatest thing ever. Also, one can never have too much cookie dough so please continue your obsession!

4. OMG I actually have all the ingredients on hand + Popsicle molds.

You have just turned Monday into my favorite day this week:)

5. Cookie dough cinnamon rolls! Swoon!

6. The phrase “cookie dough cinnamon rolls” is magic.

This recipe looks awesome!

7. It would be amazing if you could make a healthy verison of “slutty” brownies. Cookie dough, brownie and oreo! Or even better would be a cookie dough-stuffed cake!!!

1. Orea or cookie dough… now that’s a choice! ; )

8. Oh my gosh!! I am LOVING this! I’m going to make this at work today! I can’t wait to try this.

9. Rachel says:

Yum!! Looks delish! Can’t wait to try :)

10. You can never take cookie dough flavors too far!!!

11. Anything cookie dough is great! 😀

12. P says:

Hi Katie!

This will be a slightly odd comment, maybe even slightly pointless, but I really just wanted to say hi!

I’m a new vegan (21 days strong :P) and I’ve actually been following your blog for more than a month now. I religiously (:P) read all your posts, and I truly attribute my vegan success so far to your recipes – I am happy I made the decision to go vegan, but I’m slightly ashamed to admit that had it not been for your wonderful blog and recipes providing me with my sugary, chocolatey fix, I may not have lasted so long!

I think i’ve passed the point of no return now, so to speak, and couldn’t even imagine not being vegan anymore, but i’m in love with your recipes (or, well, in love with chocolate!) and I just felt odd following your posts and trying your recipes without even saying hi!

So, pointless as this may be, HELLO! 😛
    And truly thank you so much for the time and effort you put into helping vegans all over the world (I’m writing from Singapore!) not feel deprived with your yummy recipes :) I’m sure you don’t need me telling you how amazing you and your recipes are, but I felt I wanted to say it anyway!

Your silent-but-ever-present follower :)
    – P

1. Aw P, this comment made my day :)

13. Miranda says:

There is NO SUCH THING as taking the cookie dough obsession too far!!!!! I eagerly await your cookie dough brownies, french toast, cinnamon rolls…. and your cookbook!

1. Alicia says:

I was thinking the same thing Miranda!

14. Cookie Dough anything is a winner in my book:) I’ve done cookie-dough genius blondies swirled into blackbean brownies and it was amazing! I’ve also attempted (and slightly failed) at making cookie-dough cupcakes after seeing a girl at my school with a non-vegan version, basically it was an un-iced chocolate or vanilla cupcake stuffed with raw cookie dough, but it had been baked inside (not added after baking). GASP!!! what about a cookie-dough version of your chocolate bar pie? mm

1. even better than cookie dough french toast: cookie dough stuffed french toast!!! (two slices of french toast with cookie dough filling, probably like your cookie dough dip, in-between, and the bread crimped together with a fork before cooking)

15. LizAshlee says:

Mmm…these sound fab, especially on a hot afternoon evening! How about cookie dough pudding??? :)

16. Cookie dough donuts! Or cookie dough fudge, cookie dough cupcakes, or even- cookie dough pie! Basically anything with cookie dough is good. Just eating it by itself is even better!

P.S. I love, love, LOVE your blog! You’ve inspired me to think outside the box when i cook and bake. I check back frequently for new posts and spend hours browsing through your site. Thanks for making this blog and giving me so many creative ideas to explore in the kitchen! :)

17. I need to get some popsicle molds immediately!! These sound so yummy!

18. Elizabeth says:

UGH! When are you going to put out a cookbook?! :) Everything you make looks SOOOO yummy! I share this site with everyone I know!

1. Thanks, Elizabeth!

Also, to answer the other question I saw you posted, the banana is in there for different reasons (depending on the recipe). Sometimes it’s texture, sometimes sweetness. So it depends on the particular recipe as to what would be a good substitute. Usually I’ll try to list substitutes on the “nutritional info” links on the posts, because I know a lot of people don’t like banana!

19. Ashley says:

Um I feel it is entirely impossible to take a cookie-dough obsession to far… and cookie dough brownies have my vote!!

20. Moe Purple says:

Ughhhh I wish I had popsicle molds to make this!!!

1. Catherine says:

Hey, I have read your blog and it’s lovely! I have some lolly (popsicle) that I will never use and I was wondering if you’d like them :) i don’ t know how to contact you, but leave a reply :)

1. Moe Purple says:

Oh my goodness seriously? I’d love them, if my parents would allow it!

2. Catherine says:

maybe if you put your email on your blog or something for an hour and then if you want you can take it off- so i can contact you that way? the moulds have a stand, are BPA free and are yellow, mint condition- never been used

21. Moe Purple says:

Oh, and I think cookie dough brownies sounds wonderful!
    Or cookie dough bread, cookie dough popcorn, cookie dough cake, cookie dough pie, cookie dough crepes, cookie dough doughnuts….

Oh, and have you ever made vegan jello? Like, is it possible?

1. Liz dR says:

Duh? Gelatin can and often is derived from seaweed rather than / in additional to animal sources. Google vegan jello and you will find both flavored versions as well as simply gelatin, which you can use any way you want!

2. I actually had a major fail trying to make vegan jello worms… I put in too much agar and they just tasted like tasteless rubber bands. But I definitely want to try again because I want to recreate those worm-dirt cups :).

22. Brigitte says:

Cinnamon rolls sounds great! I have been looking for a yummy healthy cinnamon roll recipes, and cookie dough ones sound amazing!

23. Cathy says:

There is NEVER too much cookie dough! these look amazing! i was recently without internet for a few days, which i love since when i get it back i can read three of your posts at once!

24. oooh those look delicious! and cookie dough can NEVER be taken too far :)

25. Maria says:

Wait for it… Chocolate chip cookie dough SNICKERS!!!!!
    Like a snickers bar, but you would sub the cookie dough for nougat and spread caramel on top, sprinkle with peanuts or almonds, and dip in HOT CHOCOLATE SAUCE!!!!!! IT WOULD BE SOOOOO SWEET AND CHEWY AND YUMMY AND SUGARY (but not) AND CRUNCHY AND CHOCOLATEY!!!! Oh, and healthy (-;

1. I second this!!! And then turn it into a cookie-dough snickers ice cream bar or blizzard or sunday :) yum

26. LinkTheHylian says:

As I was eating my chocolate chip cookie dough Lara Bar about thirty minutes ago, I was JUST thinking, “You know, I bet Chocolate-Covered-Katie could make a way more accurate-tasting one,” and, lo and behold, you already have a recipe for it! 😀 I win!

27. Leo says:

oh, these look delicious! And I’d absolutely love to try some cookie dough cinnamon buns (those sound even better than popsicles)

28. Jackie says:

I second the scones idea.

29. Shawnee says:

Cookie dough crepes sound good! Or cookie dough bread! Or even cookie dough pie! You should try chocolate cinnamon rolls too! (:

30. Well this is just PERFECT because I have a tub of almond yogurt that needs to be eaten and an empty popsicle tray to be filled! Can’t wait to find out if they taste as cookie dough-y as you promise :) Thanks for sharing! (And ps.. don’t ever let your obsession with CD end :))

31. Kit-Kat says:

I love cookie-dough anything, as long as it’s vegan :-) I can’t wait to try thse

32. Cookie dough cinnamon rolls sound amazing- no, it’s not taking it too far!

33. Michaela says:

coooooooooooookie dough french toast- are you serious?!?! omg, I just got home from grocery shopping and man, do I regret not having bought toast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

34. Yes, yes and yes to all your cookie dough treat ideas! These popsicles look awesome!

35. Katie, you can’t take the cookie dough obsession too far! I love anything cookie dough!
    Maybe that’s a reason why I love your website so much 😉
    (which I actually discovered through the cookie dough dip – I have it in my fridge right now!)

36. It looks so good, katie! And pssh, I agree with Tanya above, “No, You cannot take the cookie dough obsession too far!” More cookie dough recipes for me, please 😀

37. Caro says:

The sun has finally come out (not sure how long it will last…), so I need to make these while it’s out! They look like an awesome summer treat!

38. I think EVERY dessert should have a cookie dough version :) Just sayin….

39. Sarah L says:

Cookie dough… pasta? Ok maybe not (but I’d probaby eat that o.O) but I’d be thrilled to have a cookie dough single serving cake. Maybe like a cheesecake or musse cake or something.

40. Mandie says:

Cookie dough brownies sound great! And cookie dough cinnamon rolls sound interestingly good!
    I LOVE cookie dough – rephrase – I LOVE cookie dough with chocolate or chocolate chips in it!

41. Looks unreal!
    I find that I never buy soy yoghurt because all of the brands have sugar listed as its second ingredient and also with added chemicals. I will try these as soon as I am brave enough to make my own yoghurt :)

42. carolyn says:

I’ll have to make these… like, right now!!!

43. Molly says:

haha soon you will be cookie dough covered katie!

44. Bobbi says:

YOU CANNOT TAKE COOKIE DOUGH TOO FAR!!! Cookie dough cannolis!!

45. Kathy says:

Ooh, cookie dough cinnamon rolls sound good! 😀
    I’ve seen some recipes even adding in marshmallows to their cinnamon rolls!

46. Oh my gosh. COOKIE DOUGH popsicles?! Katie, you have won my heart. <3 :)

47. Sophie says:

I think you need a cinnamon roll of any kind! I could really use a healthy version of those! However, combining cookie dough and cinnamon rolls does sound like a mighty fine idea :)

Moving onto a totally different topic, Would it be ok if I copied you with the whole link of the day thing? I have a tiny little blog of my own and I think it’s a really good way to get some older posts to get views, but I don’t want to do anything that would upset you.

1. You are way too sweet to even ask. Of course! I will have to check out your blog :).

48. kim w says:

cookie dough mousse or a cookie dough tart would be heavenly and a bit out of the ordinary :)

49. Chris says:

I think I need cookie dough granola bars. Yes, I’m sure of it. Hmmm……is that possible?

50. Laurel says:

I was thinking banana cookie dough bread. You could convert that into french toast. I love your site, it is helping me transition into a vegan in a very not vegan friendly area. Thank you :-)

51. Samantha D. says:

Thanks for your recipes!! Ive recently been looking into paleo food (just chekcing out some options) but your site keeps me healthy!!

Just some ideas I’ve been thinking up and havent found on your site…lemon cookies? lemon coconut cookies? grasshopper brownies? tiramisu?

looove dessert, so your site is perfect for someone like me!

52. Fran says:

Hi, Katie! I’ve been following your blog for months now, but have yet to say hello. When the topic of cookie dough came up, it just seemed like a good time to sing your praises in the comments section. :-)

I began my transition to veganism less than a year ago (full-time vegan since April, woo-hoo!), with only books, podcasts, and the internet to keep me company. It’s people like you who make vegan living feel fun, creative, inspiring, and above all NORMAL in a world full of people who don’t understand or agree with my ethical stance. Thank you for providing such a positive example of an everyday vegan beyond the stereotypical image of a hard-core animal rights activist. While traditional activism has its place, I think that you do just as much for animals by making a cruelty-free diet look so accessible and delicious to the masses. Thank you for sharing your cruelty-free treats with the world!

1. cck says:

Thank you, Fran!!
      I completely know how you feel… I went vegan in high school, so naturally all my friends (boys especially) thought I was nuts ;).

53. Amy says:

I would love a vegan/healthy version of this:
    Chocolate cupcakes with a cookie dough ball in the center and cookie dough flavored frosting. Raw cookie dough in the center of a cupcake! Awesomeness!

1. cck says:

lol I actually have a cookie dough cupcake recipe going in my cookbook! But I might have to post it on the blog instead… 😕

54. Oh Katie: What a fun idea. Think I might try these with date sugar to keep that cookie taste. We have been enjoying so many popsicles this summer. Just posted an easy Watermelon Popsicle. Love fun & easy desserts.

55. Wijmke says:

So exactly how much is 1 packet stevia? Where I live you buy stevia in 250 gram containers…

1. cck says:

I’ve found that 1 stevia packet is equal to about 1 tbsp sugar in terms of sweetness. So just use however much it says on your stevia package is equal to 1 tbsp sugar :).

56. Erika says:

I heartily approve of your cookie dough obsession :) I made your voluminous vanilla ice cream the other day when I was craving cookie dough ice cream and broke up pieces of (not healthy) cookie dough that I had in the freezer…SO yum :)

I’ve seen massive fat bomb-looking recipes for cookie dough cinnamon rolls, but I’d love to see a chocolate covered katie version!! And brownies and cheesecake and French toast, of course :)

57. Lisa says:

I vote that you make all those recipes because cookie dough is just amazing.

58. Lisa says:

I would love to see you a version of all of those recipes since cookie dough is so amazing.

59. Jill says:

I made these last night and couldn’t wait for them to fully freeze (plus didn’t have popsicle molds)…so i just ate them as a big bowl of cookie dough flavored slush! It was amazing!!!!! Almost like a cookie dough milkshake… I have plans to make another bowl tonight :)

PS- Yay first comment! 😉 I’m loving your blog Katie!

1. cck says:

Aw thanks, Jill!

60. Kristi says:

shut.up. I never would have dreamed of these katie – you are on whole other level!

61. Kristin says:

Made a batch of these last night for my kids and we tried them after lunch, they are amazing! I made a couple for myself with some protein powder added, it makes the texture a little gritty but they still tasted good!

62. Carolyn says:

oh, P.S. cookie dough french toast sounds like a dream come true. i would eat it every morning…
    do you have cookie dough doughnuts? or cookie dough sandwiches?

1. cck says:

I don’t! Angela at ohsheglows has cookie dough doughnuts, though!

63. Caralyn says:

I would love it so much if you made all of those. And no, you can never be too obsessed with cookie dough when it leads to making all those tasty creations!

64. Ellie says:

Living in St. Louis, gooey butter cake is everywhere you look! Being a vegan I totally feel like I’m missing out ): but my sister recently tried a cookie dough crusted gooey butter cake. Oh. My. Gosh.
    Also, cookie dough cheesecake was easily one of my favorite foods when I was growing up!(:

65. Ooooo I love cookie dough! I will definitely have to give these a try soon :)

66. Kate says:

Cookie dough cheesecake or cinnamon rolls 😀

67. Genevieve says:

I didn’t have chocolate chips – I know, shame on me! So I added coconut flakes. Delicious! I reccommend your blog to everyone! Thank you for making so many low-sugar, gluten free desserts!

1. Thanks, Genevieve. That really means a lot to me!

68. Victoria says:

I’m thinking cookie dough cannoli’s sound really good right about now! Or maybe any cookie dough -like pastry treat…it’d be cool if there was a healthier way to eat those!

69. Anonymous says:

you should forewarn your readers of the serving sizes because that’s not enough. it’s just not enough food.

70. Erin says:

Oh my gosh, these TASTE like COOKIE DOUGH. I was seriously, utterly stunned. Amazing recipe 😀

71. Carmen ❤ says:

Munch-tastic. Cookie dough is always tasty & these cool treats are even better!

❀ It’s Carmen

1. I actually saw a post about that cookbook a few weeks ago when I clicked on a pin for cookie dough popsicles, thinking someone had made mine. As someone who loves all things cookie dough, I think it sounds like the best concept for a cookbook ever! :)

72. Anonymous says:

73. Jeanne says:

I love these they r so amazing and I love the fact that they r so low in calories and fat but still taste amazing and easy to prepare i looooove this blog! Thanks for making such fantastic Desserts that r guilt free x

74. Laura says:

These were DELICIOUS! Hahaha they really did taste like the flavor of cookie dough. LOVE!

75. Vyvacious says:

Oooh I’m intrigued! Cookie dough popsicles?! Luckily for me, I’m one of those weirdos who craves cold ice cream/popsicles during the winter months 😛

76. Anonymous says:

I don’t know if its possible but could you make a healthy version of the bluebunny strawberry sunday crunch bars? They taste so good but are pretty bad for you

1. I will have to google to see what they are :)

77. lizzieC says:

This is my kind of dessert!

78. Melody says:

We had your DELICIOUSSS cookie dough pops today.
    Thank you for this wonderful recipe.

79. Melody says:

I love these……………….?.?..

80. Anonymous says:

How do you stay so thin? Is it healthy diet, or just genetic?

81. Sam says:

They look so yummy! Can’t wait to try it. I linked to your post here:

82. Macy says:

I just popped these in the freezer last night and the one I’m eating right now is delicious! My four came out much smaller than yours, though. :(

83. Macy says:

I fed one of these to my hard-to-please non-vegan teenage brother and he said, “this is the best vegan food ever!… Can I have another one?”

84. Emma says:

Cookie dough filled Oreos!!!!!!!!!!

85. divina says:

i love cookie dough and when i tried these at home for a desert i tods fell in love it waz super dillisious tnx keep on brainstorming plz :-]

86. amy lynn says:

OK, that’s it, you are officially the most creative person I have seen Blogging ever!! I have no idea how you get these fun ideas, but am so glad you do! I just have to figure out when/how to stop looking at recipes and start making them! :) Maybe I’ll look at 5, or 10 and then go bake (or not bake!) one or 2 😉

87. Samantha R says:

Hey Katie!
    I absolutely love your website! I am going to make Halloween cupcakes with your banana nut butter and use it as a frosting :) I am almost 13 and *hopefully* I can start a website like yours ! These popsicles sound sooo good !

88. Kelsey says:

Ohmygoodness, I’ve made these two days in a row now and ate all of them both days. They’re soooo good! I used a combo of canned coconut milk and almond milk and I made your 3 ingredient chocolate into chunks for the mini chips. And I used nectresse instead of stevia, because I don’t really like stevia in chocolate. They were totally awesome! I love anything cookie dough, and I like my desserts with a little saltiness, so good!

89. HappyCampers says:

Hey…check out Mom’s Got Ink on FB. She stole your photo from this post. Here’s how to report her to FB as well:

90. Megan says:

Hmmmm….this sounds interesting, it is worth a try, it’s soooooo hot out now and I don’t buy popcicles for my kids, so I think they will love this. What about cookie dough frosting?!?! Or pancakes…….idk, maybe you already have those recipes, I will search later. You have AMAZING dessert recipes!! Thanks for sharing with the world! Great job :)