Healthy Banana Recipes

Do you know what day tomorrow is?It’s National Banana Lover’s Day! Seeing as I haven’t done a theme post in almost two months, I figured this was the perfect occasion to showcase my love for the fruit oft referred to as “nature’s candy bar.” Got extra bananas on hand? Here are 18 healthy banana recipes to use them up:

Healthy Banana Recipes:

banana-dog_thumb
The “Melted Banana” Trick

bananabite_thumb
Chocolate Chip Banana Bites

breakfast cookies
Oatmeal Raisin Breakfast Cookies

And a quick and easy recipe:

Banana Breakfast Pops

Print This Recipe No ratings yet.

Ingredients

• 2 bananas
  • yogurt of choice - I like nondairy coconut yogurt
  • granola of choice OR Healthy Graham Crackers
  • mini chocolate chips, coconut shreds, cinnamon sugar, etc.
  • popsicle sticks or silverware to insert in the bananas
Yield: 4 pops

Instructions

Pour granola or crushed crackers into a very shallow dish or plate. Peel the bananas, cut them in half, and insert popsicle sticks. Dip into the yogurt or coat with a knife, then roll into the granola or cracker crumbs and add-ons. I stuck the chips on by hand after rolling in the granola. Place on a parchment or wax-lined tray. Freeze. Keep uneaten banana pops in the freezer.

View Banana Pops Nutrition Facts

Will you celebrate Banana Lover’s day?

Or are you one of those people who absolutely HATES bananas? It seems like a polarizing food: people either love bananas or hate them. For all of the banana haters out there, rest assured tomorrow’s recipe will have nothing to do with bananas. But it might include chocolate chips. You don’t have a problem with them, right? 😉

healthy banana recipes

Click for: More Healthy Banana Recipes.

Tags:

1. Becca says:

This is one of my new favorite posts! I love bananas! I think if I could eat one thing for the rest of my life it would be a peanut butter banana sandwich (okay, so if you want to get technical, that’s three things, but it makes one great thing). Yummm!

2. Yummy!!!!!!!!!!!! I will definitely have to try some of these!:)
    -Grace Gilbert

3. Kendra says:

Banana Lover’s Day?? Now that is MY kind of holiday!! I love bananas, and am very glad I am not one of those people who can’t stand them:) Life without bananas would be a very sad one:D By the way, your banana bread recipe is the BEST banana bread I have ever made; it is sooooo moist and delicious! Though admittedly, I have never tried the fat-free version–I always prefer to add oil:) And your banana butter is amazing as well; I use it all the time on top of my pancakes and oatmeal.

1. I’ve tried the fat free version – it’s a little chewier but still very good!

4. JacquelineW says:

I don’t HATE bananas, but I am very particular (read: strange) about how I eat them. I’ll only eat a green banana straight out of the peel, but I’ll use ripe bananas in recipes. For some reason, I don’t mind the taste of banana if it’s been baked, LOL.

Some of these look really good, I’ll have to check them out 🙂

1. totally with you on that!! they can be as as ripe and as bashed as they like for baking but for straight eating they still need a slight green tinge and no bruises 🙂

1. JacquelineW says:

I know, right? Good to know I’m not crazy 🙂

5. I love, love, love bananas. I eat at least 3 a day! One in my morning smoothie, and at least 2 frozen ones for snacks. I’ll definitely have to check out these recipes…the Chocolate-Chip Banana Bites look awesome!

6. I was eating a banana a day for a while and recently fell off the bandwagon – I’ll have to pick a bunch up at the store today when I go stock up on hurricane snacks!

7. Jasmin says:

Oh my Katie…. I love bananas! I must try out every recipe! I just finished eating a banana blended with peanut butter (kinda like your lower calorie pb) and then I saw that you had a banana split version with chocolate… I think I may have to try that right now too.

8. I actually despise bananas. I don’t know why. Something about their taste turns me off. Though I do like banana muffins and bread especially with chocolate chips, which I adore. So I’m all for tomorrow’s recipe! 😉

9. I’m definitely a banana lover! Everything looks awesome!

10. Debbie says:

I love bananas. I want to make some chocolate chip banana pancakes. I need to go to the store to get some more bananas, I just froze the last of them.

11. Olivia says:

Hooray for bananas! I’m a banana lover, too. That reminds me of a shirt that I bought a few years ago at Justice, that says “Let’s go bananas!” with a dancing banana on it 😛 (and I think I recall it used to be banana scented too, but that wore off after a while). Maybe I ought to wear it tomorrow!

12. Banana’s are one of my absolute favorite fruits and are definitely a favorite baking add-in! Thanks so much for sharing that tomorrow is banana day. I will definitely have to honor thy banana!! 😉

13. I actually don’t care for bananas too much but these all look pretty good. I know baking with bananas especially you can’t even taste the bananas. (which for me is okay 🙂

14. My all time favorite banana thing?
    Banana with Almond butter! Simply love it. With homemade almond butter, it’s affordable, too 😉

15. Hazel says:

So excited you posted these recipes! Think I might make a few this week with my abundance of bananas 🙂

16. Gabbie says:

THANK YOU FOR THIS! BLESS THIS POST!! I didn’t know us banana lovers had a special day. Oh my gosh, this is perfect. Thanks Katie!!!!!

17. theresa @ aspoonfulofsunshine says:

I definitely used to be hater! But one day I decided to try a banana and I have been hooked ever since! I easily eat 2-3 bananas a day and with all these new recipes to try I might be upping that number to 4 today 🙂 Thanks Katie!

18. Katie L. says:

I love bananas! I will eat them in almost any form (except in yogurt – that’s just weird). My go-to breakfast is usually a toasted English muffin with chunky natural peanut butter and sliced bananas (gotta get my protein!). I had no idea that Banana Lover’s Day existed! I’m so happy that you have put so many banana recipes all in one place!

19. Rynn says:

I absolutely love bananas, they’ve been my favourite fruit since I was little. Unfortunately, both my mom and sister are allergic to them so I always have to be careful what I use them in. 🙁