Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Balls

You know you want one.

Or two.

Or four hundred and fifty four.

peanut butter cookie dough balls

Maybe not four hundred and fifty four.

Then you’d get a stomachache, and that’s no fun. 😕

On the other hand, the stomachache might be worth it. For chocolate and peanut butter?

peanut butter cookie dough ball

So worth it.

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Balls

(can be gluten-free)

Category: Healthy “No-Bake” Recipes.

• 1/2 cup rolled oats (or oat bran or quick oats) (Maybe even flaxmeal or protein powder!) (40g)
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter, or Sunbutter to be allergy-friendly) (115g)
  • stevia drops to taste, or 2 tbsp plus 2 tsp pure maple syrup, or another sweetener of choice (If using a dry sweetener, you might have to add a little water or oil to make a dough. If using a liquid sweetener—such as maple syrup or agave—don’t add any extra liquid.)
  • scant 1/8 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp flour or oat bran, or perhaps protein powder (I used spelt flour, but many others—such as oat or almond or all-purpose flour—will be fine. Not sure about coconut flour.) (15g)
  • chocolate chips!!

Combine all ingredients in a cereal bowl, and mix until well-incorporated. (If you store your nut butter in the fridge, you might want to melt it a little so it stirs more easily.) Roll into balls, and try not to eat them all at once. Luckily, this recipe doesn’t make four hundred and fifty four.

View Nutrition Info

peanut butter cookie ball

peanut butter cookie balls

Question of the Day:

Do you ever continue to eat even after you’re full, knowing you’ll regret it later?

Right off the bat, Thanksgiving and Christmas (especially Christmas cookies!) come to mind. But foods like roast cauliflower and brussels sprouts are also pretty easy for me to overeat and get a stomachache. Or too many raw walnuts or too much coconut butter… and yes, in the case of eating too much coconut butter, I think the stomachache is always worth it!

Link of the Day:

cookie dough milkshake

………..Cookie Dough Milkshake

Tags: , , , , , , ,

1. Ohh I think I’ll raise you and eat 455 of these 🙂

2. Nikki says:

I incorporate lots of fresh fruits and vegetables into my plate. Sometimes, 75% of what I eat is fresh produce! Since it is very water-rich, it is SO easy to get full quickly!!!

Luckily, I don’t stay full for very long, so I have more occasions to snack throughout the day. 🙂

3. I overeat at Thanksgiving and Christmas, definitely. They’re lots of chips, veggies, cookies, and other goodies just sitting around. It’s soooo tempting! I overeat at potlucks sometimes, too.

The peanut butter chocolate chip balls look delicious! I could definitely overeat these. 😉

1. Ah, yes – it’s hard for me to resist holiday food!

4. Mmm, those look so so good! Yes, I’ve over eaten before and definitely regretted it later! But I’ve noticed it only happens when I am eating unhealthily- like something really sugary. Another reason for us to eat real, whole foods!

5. Rachel says:

Yup! I’ve def over eaten before haha but sometimes you just have to enjoy yourself 😉

6. Aja says:

Yum! There is nothing better than peanut butter and chocolate. It’s the best combination ever! I always eat more than I mean to at Christmas. You only get those Christmas cookies at Christmas so why would I not overeat them?

1. Sarahishealthy says:

That is why I store half the cookie dough in the freezer when I make Christmas cookies. Then I can pull it out later, for Christmas in April! 🙂

7. Colleen says:

Well, you know everything on your website is so tempting that eating too much probably happens all the time, at least it does here at our house! At least it’s all pretty much super-healthy, so you can’t go wrong! Especially with those healthy fats you’re always turning in to delicious treats! The good thing is that with healthy fat and lots of fiber (like in all of your recipes, Katie!), at least you won’t be hungry again in a few seconds, like you would an unhealthy, sugary snack (that is also easy to overeat!)! You can see why here: By the way, these balls look delish!!! Have a great day!!

8. jessica says:

i made these already, haha. i finally made it to a specialty store to get some of your more common ingredients. i’ve used your oatmeal ideas before but this was my first dessert. i used some flour with some vanilla protein powder, and equal and agave for the sweetener, since that was what i had. i’m pleased with how they turned out! now i really do need to try to not eat all of them

1. Thank you for trying them. I’m excited someone made them already! 🙂

9. jenica says:

Yeah, I think I have a major problem with being a part of the “clean plate club.” If I have enough left over to turn whatever it was into a meal then I’m okay, but if it’s just a few more bites, I’ll always push myself to finish. Wish I could stop!

1. Alanna says:

Me too! 🙁 It’s not as bad by myself because I can try to portion things out, but at restaurants and when my boyfriend cooks, I end up finishing what’s on my plate even if it’s way too much food (unless it’s clearly enough to save for another meal). My stomach is much happier with lots of small meals throughout the day, so pretty much any time I eat a big meal I feel gross after.

1. Annie says:

Wow that’s exactly the I am! However after a few years of suffering annoying, painful, embarrassing symptoms I worked very hard to stop overeating, even if it’s just a few bites left. Now I think I’ve pretty much got it under control (thank goodness), though sometimes the “few bites” get the better of me – especially by holidays

10. I definitely have a tendancy to keep eating even whem I’m full, if it’s something I really love. I’m trying to be better about this, but Thanksgiving and Christmas I give myself permission to go crazy. 😉 These look delicious. I’m going to make some to put in my kiddos lunches tomorrow.

11. laura says:

I thought I saw banana choc. Choc. Chip balls before… then I was looking at the ingredients and wondering where the banana is. XD. But now I’m thinking that I could sweeten with banana.

1. Rosemary says:

Ohhh, now that sounds like a plan!

12. Yes. I tend to overdose on the good things though! Like too many bananas or apples or grapes, too much squash or carrots or salad. Then there is too much almond butter. I always try to convince myself that it is worth it. BUT IT’S NOT!!!

13. Sue says:

Katie thanks so much for including the nutritional info! That is such a wonderful help!!
    Everything on your site looks so yummmy!

14. Oh yes, I overeat all the time if something is “too good”….I just can’t stop 🙂 These look and sound amazing!

15. Heather says:

I just made them, with protein powder for the flour and quick oats for the oat part. Oh my, they are DANGEROUS! I made mini balls and got 20, but I don’t think they’ll stay around for long! Thanks for the recipe, or maybe not ;).

16. Those look great!!

I tend to overeat when I am at a restaurant. The portions are huge & I have very little self control lol.

17. Kristie says:

Cutest pictures EVER!

18. Sarahishealthy says:

Oh I think I could easily eat 454 of those. No problem. So maybe I’d better not start, because I don’t know if I can afford that much peanut butter! Good thing peanut butter is cheaper than coconut butter.
    Translation? Making them today!

19. Lisa C. says:

I’m with the other commenter above. These photos just make me smile. I can’t look at them and not smile. Maybe too cute to eat! But I’ll try my best, and maybe share with the kiddos too. We’ll probably add some coconut shreds and we’ll let you know how it goes!

20. Anonymous says:

In the summer I always eat too much watermelon! Usually before bed too, so I am up half the night peeing. Must be worth it though because it doesn’t stop me!