Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Frozen S’mores on a Stick

This is how we make s’mores in Texas, where it’s much too hot for campfires:

No, not really.

Really, I made these frozen s’mores pops for a friend’s Labor Day party, for all the kids in attendance. Someone else had brought a package of those red, white, and blue rocket pops (or bomb pops) often found on ice cream trucks. But guess which pops all the kids chose.

To be fair, one kid did choose a rocket pop over the s’mores. And one sneaky kid chose both! I wonder where his mother was… 😉

smores popsicles

Inspired by Marshmallow Ice Cream recipe.

smores on a stick

S’mores Popsicles

• 1 cup milk of choice (such as almond milk)
  • 1/2 a container Ricemellow Crème (You could probably use 5 oz Smuckers marshmallow fluff, which—albeit high in artificial ingredients—is vegan.)
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • tiny pinch salt
  • optional: melted chocolate or Hot Chocolate Butter
  • optional: crumbled graham crackers

Combine first four ingredients in a microwave-safe dish (or small saucepan if you prefer the stove), and microwave 1 minute. Stir so there are no lumps, then pour into paper cups or popsicle molds. If desired, dip in chocolate and sprinkle on graham cracker crumbs once pops are frozen. (If using the hot chocolate butter option, sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs quickly- the chocolate shell hardens fast!)

View Nutrition Facts

marshmallow pops

Did you ever buy anything from the ice cream truck?

When I was little, that annoying ice cream truck song was the best sound in the world! To my sister, it meant Good Humor strawberry shortcake popsicles. To my friends, it meant rocket pops, snow cones, and sherbet pops in the shape of Scooby Doo. To me, it meant one thing and one thing only: chocolate.

Be it a Chipwich, a chocolate éclair, or a neopolitan ice cream sandwich, you can be sure my order was always chocolate. In fact, I don’t think I’ve ever tried a rocket pop in my life!

Link of the Day:

pumpkin oatmeal

…….Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal

Tags: , , , ,

1. Rachel says:

Yum!! I used to buy cookie sandwiches haha loooved those

2. Oh yum. I love s’mores! Or maybe just toasted marshmallows. Or maybe just the melted chocolate. I don’t know. It all contributed to the melty, gooeyness.

I loved strawberry shortcake popsicles or the drumsticks. My favorite part of a drumstick was the solid chocolate part at the bottom. 😉

1. Laura Miller says:

That was my favorite part too! It always left me wanting another one. 😀

3. The tip! Definitely the best part

4. Those look delicious!!! I’d usually get those red white and blue pops, or they had ones that were cartoon characters with gum balls as the eyes!

5. No! I was never allowed to get something from the ice cream truck. And now that I am an “adult” I still can’t anything because of my food allergies 🙁

6. Wendy says:

where do you find ricemellow cream? my kid’s begging for rice krispie treats and i refuse to buy fluff! thanks!

1. Lisa C. says:

Whole Foods. Or online!

2. Melissa says:

Fair warning, the ricemellow makes not good rice crispie treats. Too much liquid so they are more rice mushies than rice crispies!

You’re much better off getting Dandies vegan marshmallows. Or Sweet and Sara… though her’s are so gourmet that I loathe using them. I prefer to eat them unadulterated or in s’more form. 😉 Whole Foods will have Dandies or S&S, too.

7. Sarah the official CCK drooler @RomneyRyan2012 says:

Oh my word… thanks for making me drool all over the computer on my first day of school! My mom wants to give you detention for making me lose focus… on my physics. As if I had any focus to begin with.
    p.s.- is there a way to make myown marshmallow creme? thanks!

1. Laura Miller says:

I second the recipe for vegan marshmallow creme. I occasionally make the real kind for my animal-product-loving family, but we don’t have rice mallow creme OR Smucker’s marshmallow topping(Crazy, because they have every single other kind of Smucker’s at my store) anywhere near us.

8. Lisa C. says:

GORGEOUS gorgeous photos!!! Makes me wish it would just stay summer for another four months. No more back to school… Just popsicles and ice cream trucks and campfires!

1. Lisa C. says:

Oh forgot to answer the question. I loved the chipwiches growing up. I don’t think I ever had one from the ice cream truck, but I’d always get them at baseball games!

9. Inspired Mom says:

Love these, Katie. My kiddos like the bomb pops, and I do admit that sometimes we buy them as a special treat. They’re allowed to have a few special desserts per week that they choose, and my littlest one is looking over my shoulder right now and I asked if he wanted one and he said OH YES PLEASE! Love how he said please :).

10. Liz says:

I loved those strawberry shortcake bars! Thanks for the reminder. Oh good times. Haven’t gotten anything from the ice cream man in years!

11. Love this idea! I’ve made smores on a stick before but not frozen – I can’t wait to try a new technique 🙂

12. jenica says:

Katie I feel so bad for anyone else at these parties who wants to bring desserts…yours always leave them in the dust!

13. That’s my kind of s’more!! I do remember the ice cream and how fun it was when they came around. We need more ice cream trucks around today. My kids would go crazy for one!!

14. carolyn says:

Where is Ricemellow Cream sold?

1. Whole Foods, online, and some regular grocery stores :).

15. Erica says:

Do you ever eat just plain ol’ chocolate (as opposed to a chocolate dessert)? If so, do you have a particular [vegan] brand that you recommend??

1. Oh only about 5 times a day ;).

Favorites include: Endangered Species, Taza, Sweet Riot, and Vintage Plantations.

16. julie says:

This post is kind of snarky and conceded..not gonna lie.

1. monica says:

i don’t think so and if it is, so what?! the girl has earned the right to brag, she rocks. I know if i were doing all that Katie does i would brag all the time, shoot i do it now with the few dishes i make, there’s nothing wrong with being confident and celebrating your talents.

2. Anonymous says:

How embarrassing! If you’re actually going to take the time out of your day to be malicious and insult someone, you should at least make sure your insults are spelled correctly.

17. Aubrey says:

We need to do a blogger meetup in Dallas sometime!!

18. I’d def choose your pops!
    They look and sound so lush 🙂
    We had an ice cream truck and the jingle still stays with me.
    ” home ice cream , the name that rings a bell!”