Reeses Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cups

Edit:
There is now a pumpkin board on the Chocolate Covered Katie Pinterest Page!

NO-BAKE Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cups from @choccoveredkt... 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 2 tbsp pumpkin, 1/8 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 cup... Full recipe: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/10/04/reeses-pumpkin-peanut-butter-cups/

Some things in life are obvious.

Chocolate goes well with peanut butter? Obvious. Chocolate goes well with pumpkin? Obvious. Chocolate goes well with pretty much anything?

Obviously obvious.

Pumpkin Pie Peanut Butter Cups

So what happens when you combine all three—pumpkin, chocolate, and peanut butter—together into one Halloween-themed Reeses cup?

The answer should be obvious.

Copycat Reeses Pumpkin Pie Peanut Butter Cups!

If it isn’t, hopefully all of these pictures can help to clarify.

Homemade Pumpkin Reeses!

Pumpkin Pie Reeses Peanut Butter Cups!

Pumpkin Pie Peanut Butter Cups

• 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp cocoa powder (25g)
  • 2 tbsp maple syrup, agave, or honey OR vanilla stevia drops to taste
  • 1/4 cup liquid virgin coconut oil (Or omit these first three ingredients and simply melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips instead.) (50g)
  • 2 tbsp pumpkin puree or sweet potato (30g)
  • 2 tbsp peanut butter (You might be able to sub 2 more tbsp pumpkin for a lower-fat version, but I haven’t tried it. Feel free to sub another nut butter in place of the peanut butter.) (30g)
  • 1/8 tsp cinnamon, and optional pinch pumpkin pie spice

Stir first three ingredients together until it makes a sauce. (If using the stevia version, you might want to add a little extra oil for a thinner consistency) Fill just the very bottoms of cupcake liners, mini cupcake liners, or candy molds with chocolate, reserving the rest. Then freeze 8-10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine all other ingredients and stir to form a paste. (If you use refrigerated peanut butter, it’s best to heat the nut butter a bit first, so it’ll mix more easily.) Take liners from freezer and top each with filling (1 teaspoon in each of ten, if using mini cupcake liners). Cover with more chocolate, and freeze until solid. (You won’t use all the chocolate, but I’m sure you can find yummy ways to use the extra…) Unless you’ve used the non-coconut version, it’s best to keep these in the freezer.

View Pumpkin Reeses Nutrition Facts

Reeses Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cups

And I obviously have a tiny obsession with homemade Reeses peanut butter cups…

Chocolate Coconut Reeses     Cake Batter Reeses     Chocolate Banana Bites

Mounds Bar Reeses                       Cake Batter Reeses                     Chocolate Monkey Bites

Obviously.

What’s your favorite Halloween candy?

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

1. No question today?! Lol. I don’t know what to say :)

How about: These look awesome! Such a great idea. What would be even cool is melting “white chocolate chips” to make the outer parts of these. Geez. That would be REALLY good.

1. You’re right; it does feel strange to not have a question up there. I went and added something… I wanted to ask what everyone’s dream peanut butter cup flavor would be. It would’ve fit so well in the post. But apparently I’ve already asked that before :-?.

1. You’re right, I think you have :) It doesn’t really matter, but I just thought it was funny how we get used to certain things. Then something changes and we’re like: What’s wrong with this picture? 😀

Favorite candy from my childhood would be either peanut butter M&M’s, Skittles, Mike and Ikes, Cookie Dough Bites or Sour Patch Kids. I would never be able to choose!

1. Alex @ Brain, Body, Because says:

Cookie Dough Bites? I had to Google this – looks perfect!

2. Kasey Lawhorn says:

Oh my husband will LOVE this trial!! I keep making one of your recipes each night so instead of Julie and Julia, my new “show” is Kasey and Katie 😉 Seriously I love ya girl~

2. This recipe looks so good my immediate reaction was to get angy at it.

3. Omg those look so good and perfect to bring to a fall party! I’ll be bookmarking this page…

4. Linde says:

I just bought some pumpkins at the farmers market today, this is PERFECT!
    I absolutely love your recipes Katie! But was wondering one thing.. Do you also have food combining-friendly recipes? I know a lot of people find food combining important or are on a food combining diet.
    Would be sooooo awesome to be able to make some of your amazing recipes but still being able to combine foods in the best ways!

5. I have yet to combine chocolate and pumpkin – but I love them both on their own, so I’m sure these would be delicious!

6. That’s two of my favourite things about fall rolled into one delicious package!

7. Oh em gee, shut up! Haha, sorry, had the scene from Mean Girls just go through my head… “But I didn’t say anything!” These look absolutely awesome, I loveee the combo of flavors 😀

1. Liz says:

That’s exactly what I was thinking! Same thing just went through my head when I saw the post. :)

Three of my favorite foods right into one candy! To answer your question, THIS will be my favorite Halloween candy.

8. Rachel says:

I love all things reeses hahaha

9. I love this idea. I have been wanting to make pumpkin recipes. Thank goodness I’m off today. I think I’m going to make this for my friend whose coming over tonight. Thanks for the wonderful idea!

10. Liz says:

These sound unreal, Katie! I can’t even tell you which picture is my favorite, because every single one has me cursing the fact that I am at work and can’t make them like RIGHT NOW!

11. Karen says:

Thanks, Katie. Now I know today’s baking project with the kiddos. Thanks for making me look like Supermom all the time :).

12. RunEatRepeat says:

I love pumpkin and Reeses – these are a win win win!!! Yes, I put in an extra ‘win’.

13. Cole says:

You could make these and put a strawberry in each one. (Cut the top off and place the flat side down in the middle so the pointed half of the berry could stick out like an ice berg) Would be a new twist on an old favorite of chocolate covered strawberries.

14. Lydia says:

YUM! These look scrumptious!

My favorite Halloween candy is candy corn…but the vegan ones are pretty gross and the homemade version are good, but don’t taste like the real thing. They just taste like marshmallow fondant, that just happens to be shaped into a tri-colored triangle! Perhaps I need to find a new favorite candy!! :)

1. Lisa C. says:

I am a sucker for candy corn as well. I think the Jelly Belly one is vegan. Not healthy, but still vegan I think.

15. Pinned as soon as I saw it. It’s like you take all of my dreams and make them into desserts. LOVE love love your website!!! Keep those chocolate recipes coming, and the pumpkin too ;).

16. Sarah says:

Oh I hope I have pumpkin in the house. I need these in my life!!!

17. Dawn Laughlin says:

I will be making these today! I have pureed butternut squash which I think would be just as good since I have sub-ed it for pumpkin in pies before. Thanks for another amazing recipe!!

18. Lea says:

These look SO GOOD. I will definitely be making them soon!

19. Jamie H says:

Holy wow. You’ve put all my favorites into one bite. Soooo looking forward to making this! You are awesome:)

20. OMG, these look sooooo good!