Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Grain Free Sugar Cookies

What don’t you see in this picture?

Flourless sugar cookies from @choccoveredkt that are gluten-free, sugar-free, soy-free, dairy-free, and vegan! No flour and no butter required! Full recipe here:

No flour. No butter.

And no refined sugar. None of these items are included in today’s cut-out grain free sugar cookie recipe. Unless you douse the grain free cookies in sprinkles, as you know I love to do.

healthy sugar cookies

If you happen to forget the dough and then decide it’s really good unbaked and straight from the freezer… well, I wouldn’t know anything about that. It’s not like I’ve done it or anything. 😉

Flourless sugar cookies from @choccoveredkt that are gluten-free, sugar-free, dairy-free, and vegan! No flour and no butter required! Full recipe here:

Grain Free Sugar Cookies

(with a paleo option)

Adapted from this recipe and inspired by Laura.

• 1 cup finely-ground almond meal (also known as almond flour. For substitutions, see nutrition link at the end of this recipe.) (75g)
  • a little over 1/8 tsp salt (1/8 plus 1/16 tsp)
  • 1/8 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tbsp pure maple syrup, or stevia to taste (For substitutions, see nutrition link below.) (30g)
  • 1 1/2 tbsp coconut or vegetable oil (15g)
  • For maple syrup version: up to 2 level teaspoons milk of choice or extra oil, as needed (5-10g). For stevia version: 1 tbsp milk of choice, added with the liquid ingredients. (15g)
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • optional: pure almond extract

Grain Free Sugar Cookies Recipe: Combine all liquid ingredients (except milk of choice if using maple syrup version). In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients and stir very well. Now mix wet into dry and keep stirring, breaking up clumps as you mix—it may seem dry at first, and you can add the extra 2 tsp milk or oil (I did add this when I made the maple syrup version), but do not add any more liquid than the recipe calls for. It will eventually form something that can either be squished into a ball with your hands or put into a plastic bag and smushed from inside the bag (the less-messy option). Roll out dough to cut-out-cookie width, either between sheets of parchment paper or from inside the bag, then cut into shapes. Freeze dough at least 20 minutes before cooking 10-13 minutes (depending on desired crispiness) at 325 F on a greased cookie sheet. Let cool another 10 minutes before even attempting to remove cookies from the sheet. They should firm up nicely. For troubleshooting, see nutrition link below. I store these in a glass container, not fully covered, as I like them crispier.

View Grain Free Cookies Nutrition Facts

grain free sugar cookies

Optional glaze:

Just mix 1 cup powdered sugar or no-sugar powdered sugar with scant 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract and a little milk of choice. Start very small with the amount of milk, and stir well before deciding to add more. If you accidentally add too much milk, simply add more of the sugar. (The cookies in the photos are frosted with the sugar-free powdered sugar, linked above.)

Link of the Day:

Um, I mean Sugar Cookie Oatmeal.

Tags: , , ,

1. This recipe sounds and looks amazing! Thanks for making a grain-free cookie recipe. :)

They look so pretty, especially with that sparkly glaze!

2. Katie, you just became my bestest friend ever. Sooo making these today! 😀

3. Lena says:

These look so great!! I’ve been trying to find cookie ideas for Christmas morning for my hubby and I and these are it! I love the decorations on them :)

4. So pretty – I like the blue instead of red and green!

5. I love the cookies!!! So cute! Loving sprinkles. You look adorable in the Santa Hat!!!

6. Ed says:

Those cookies look tasty…cool new banner btw

7. Samantha says:

Very interesting, I am going to try these. I have been seriously considering the hazelnut flour myself, but I could see where almond would be more appropriate to sugar cookies…

Decisions! I will let you know. I can’t wait to try. :)

8. These look beautiful!!! I just posted a very similar recipe on my site! I’ll have to try your version for sure, it looks great :)

9. These look so authentic, and I love the short ingredient list! Sugar cookies are a must for christmas, and I bet nobody will be able to tell the difference. These are going on my to-bake list for sure!

10. Bridget says:

Thank you so much for posting this- I CANNOT wait to make these for this weekend!!!!!!

11. Kristen says:

Has anyone tried this with oat flour? I’m allergic to all nuts and I’m currently off wheat so thought I’d give the oat a try!

1. Sheena says:

Just a reminder that oats are a grain too
      Some people are intolerant of all grains
      This includes. Oats , soy, quinua, etc
      But your almond flour cookies are great

12. petrina says:

This reminds me of the low-carb crackers I used to make for my husband, who is a strict low carber. But I used egg white for the liquid binder. This is a nice vegetarian version and sweet! I have to try these for him!

13. Marianne says:

Hi Katie! So, to confirm…you’re freezing it after you’ve cut it into shapes? When I’ve made sugar cookies in the past, I’ve refrigerated the dough for a few hours before rolling out and shaping, since the dough is easier to manipulate. I just want to make sure I got the order correct, since I’ll be making these soon :)

1. It really depends on how warm the weather is, how humid… a lot of things come into play. I made the recipe six times, and only once did I have to freeze before cutting them.

14. Love, love, love this recipe and the cookies look amazing! I love sugar cookies with icing! I will be making these for sure.

15. Thank you! Thank You! Thank You!!!!
    My daughter has been asking for several days to make cut out cookies. This is the first recipe I’ve found that is workable for us!
    Thank you!!!

16. Kayla says:

Hi Katie, how do you substitute something sticky (like maple syrup, as you have listed) with stevia? That’s two different consistences…how would that yield the same result? Do you test these recipes out???

1. The difference is accounted for in the recipe instructions.
      Yes, both ways work. I will never post a variation unless I’ve tried it or it specifically says “I haven’t tried X so I can’t vouch for it.”

17. Ok, ok. You guys have convinced me. After seeing quite a free almond flour sugar cookies on the net this year, I’m going to try them. Can’t wait!

18. I love almond flour! Such a magic ingredient :)

19. Yum!! I’ve never baked with almond flour. But I should try!! These are so pretty!

20. Jesann says:

What did you put in the glaze to make it sparkly? Did you pulverize some of the sprinkles into a powder and mix that in? That looks wonderful.

(I’ve been re-reading the recipe and don’t see anything about the method for making it sparkly, so if you did mention how to do that and I just can’t read, sorry. :-) )

1. It’s Wilton icing writer in blue. :)

21. Lucy says:

Hi Katie nice recipe i am making these for a pre-Xmas party I’m having for my husbands family and my family this Saturday and put everyone’s names on them in the icing!

Off the point questions: but do you have oatmeal every morning for breakfast? And if you do which of your oatmeal recipes do you use most/ think best? As I’m trying to get myself into eating breakfast again and am thinking it needs to be something tasty to be worth it and all your oatmeal recipes look yum!

Thanks Lucy!

1. Alanna says:

I’m not Katie, but I definitely recommend trying one of the baked oatmeal recipes (banana bread flavor is especially yummy!)… it’s easy to scale up and freeze so you can have homemade deliciousness even during the week! For years I would just eat granola bars in the car on my way to work because I’m so not a morning person, but now I prepare a large batch of boatmeal over the weekend and have that in the morning! It’s so easy to vary the recipes to your taste, too, since you can add in different dried fruits and nuts (I love cranberries, raisins, and sliced almonds).

2. Susan says:

I have this every morning and it is SO good and very filling. I don’t get at all hungry until lunch.
      Rolled oats covered in dark chocolate almond milk and left to soak overnight in the fridge. I take it to work in the morning and microwave until hot. Then I add a tablespoon of almond or peanut butter. Play around with the amount of milk to get the consistency you prefer.

1. Alanna says:

Definitely love the overnight oatmeal, too! Although I’m not sure if it was a fluke or just a difference in prep, but in my experience I much prefer overnight oats cooked with Katie’s voluminous oatmeal trick than when I just added milk to oats and let them soak overnight. The texture is much nicer (and seems like more to eat) when they’re pre-cooked, I think, and it helps my tummy to have the oats softened, too. :)

22. Just made these. OH MY GOSH. AMAZINGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!

23. Your pictures are beautiful! I love the blue sprinkles! These cookies really look like a work of art!

24. Amy says:

Katie, Your cookies are sooo pretty! Thank you very much for the grain free recipe!

25. Jeana says:

Where do you get the sprinkles?

1. I think my sister gave me these for Christmas last year. I have so many sprinkles, though, that it’s hard to keep track of where they’re all from.

26. Hannah says:

Katie! Thank you so much for this recipe! I made them this morning and they turned out GREAT! I didn’t have any almond meal so i substituted it for Vanilla Rice Protein Powder. They were perfectly crunchy on the outside and gooey on the inside. Thanks again! Tastes amazing!!

27. Carlie says:

I just made these and they are PERFECT! I love them! I especially love that they are low sugar

28. These are so pretty. A grain, sugar and butter free cookie sounds just like what I will need after Christmas.

29. Carkue says:

Umm…the whole batch became my dinner. I wish I was kidding…:/

1. Anonymous says:

Bwahahahaha XD LOLOLOLOL *highfive*

30. Tara says:

Bless your sweet heart. Bless it!

31. The cookies look amazing & I’ve been hoping for a sugar-free, low-carb version that I can make for cut out cookies, yay!! Thanks!! :)

32. Kristen says:

I just made these and they are DELICIOUS! Great recipe! :)

33. Mai says:

i’m so excited to try this recipe! i just bought almond meal so this recipe couldn’t have come at a more perfect time!

34. kimthevegan says:

Healthy sugar cookies? Vegan & gluten free? Score!

35. Lisa Olson says:

I know it depends on what cookie cutters and all that you use, but how many does that make approximately? I have a big family and would love to know whether I should double, triple, etc. the recipe. Thanks! (Looks awesome!! And I love that there is a paleo option.) -Lisa

1. The nutrition info is for 10, but some commenters have said they’ve gotten as many as 33. So it REALLY depends.

36. Leighanne says:

What almond flour did you use? I haven’t had much luck with Bobs red mill

1. I actually did use Bob’s for these.

37. KB ribelin says:

Are these cookies crispy or chewy? Do u have a chewy sugar cookie? Thx!

38. Mary says:

Yay! Paleo! Gimme more! :)

39. Iris says:

Just made these and they turned out delicious! Looking forward to your next recipe!

40. that looks amazing, thank you!

41. Bek @ Crave says:

These look adorable! I love sprinkles too :)

42. Lauren says:

thank you so much for posting these! I can’t wait to make these with my kiddos this weekend… and the photos are just beautiful!!

43. Nora says:

Made these today using almonds I ground myself, added some ground hazelnut and used honey as a sweetener. I also added a TON of gingerbread spice. I rolled them out quite thin and used a small cutter making a total of 31 cookies (32 if you count the dough I HAD to eat!!). After baking I topped them off with a drop of melted dark chocolate, they turned out fantastic! Next time I’ll try adding chopped bits of ginger for an extra kick!

44. These look amazing! I make my own almond milk and am always looking for ways to use up the extra meal. Thanks for the recipe!

45. Yum and adorable! I’m really glad these are grain free. Thanks for sharing another healthy recipe. I’m trying to reduce grains, so this is just perfect for me to still be able to enjoy cookies at the holidays.

46. Laura C says:

Katie, my mom and oldest sister (the “Christmas Elders” haha) are gluten free for different reasons, and I know my mom has been looking at all the treats the rest of us have had with longing eyes. She deserves awesome treats too and I’m so thankful you’ve got my answers. I know when I make these it will make her day. They might just make her Chrismas! I’m excited to make them! Thank you!

47. Lady Jennie says:

I can’t believe how pretty they are. You’re an artist!

48. Genuis! I’d love to try those soon. I love how simple they are!

49. These would be great for my brother; he has been gluten-free for a little over a year!

50. Maddie says:

No way! About a week ago I posted gluten free dairy free sugar cookies on my blog! Haha, what are the odds? 😉

51. Mia says:

Dear Katie,

A HUGE THANK YOU for posting a grain-free cookie recipe! With the new wheat-free and Peleo trends on the rise, MANY people are searching for flour-free dessert recipes. For anyone intrigued by the grain-free lifestyle, I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Davis’s book, Wheat Belly. (New York Best Seller!) This book completely changed my life. Going wheat-free is not just about celiac disease anymore. Anyway, definitely going to give these cookies a try!! (beautiful presentation, Katie!)

52. Jen J says:

These are to die for!!! I quit sugar in June and haven’t really had anything that hit the sweet tooth spot until today – these are amazing!! I used almond milk and liquid stevia (vanilla) drops. I also made a cream cheese frosting using almond milk and the same stevia drops w/ a bit of vanilla extract – I am so excited. I might be making these every day this week! LOL Thanks for this recipe!! :)

53. Lexi says:

How do you make the blue sugar? I cant find the instructions

1. Lexi says:

the Oatmeal recipe makes them? Lol I’m feeling dumb lol I don’t understand :)

2. Lexi says:

whoops thought I replied :) The blue looks fantastic, but I must be dumb I cant see where you make them? lol probably shop bought hey? :)

1. Emily says:

Did you buy the sprinkles? I can never find sugar free sprinkles.

54. Alissa says:

Whoa…..just made these with coconut flour and they are DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Megan says:

Did you just substitute the almond flour for coconut flour?? sounds yummy!

55. Morgan says:

awesome!!! do you think it would work with date puree instead of maple syrup?

56. Jessica says:

These are cooling right now in my kitchen, and they smell amazing! My first set I rolled to 3/16″ thick (yield: 10 cookies) and they took less than 5 minutes to bake to doneness. I re-rolled the scraps at 1/4″ish (yield: 4 cookies) and they were much easier to handle. Katie, how thick are your cookies?

I did the maple syrup version and did not need any additional liquids; it was still pretty wet/sticky. This is my first time using almond flour and I didn’t know if it is okay to add more?

My learning experience: the thinner my cookies are, the more fragile and quick to bake. I’d recommend at least 1/4″ thick. Tip 2: baking them on parchment (instead of a greased cookie sheet) works great! I used the same parchment I rolled between. You can also cool the cookies right on the parchment on the counter.

Ohmygosh I just tasted one. YUM! Can’t wait to try one with coconut manna frosting!

1. Sugar cookie thickness… I never actually took a ruler to them, but you can kinda see the thickness from the bttom-right corner of the first photo.

57. Danielle says:

The frosting on these cookies is so…vibrant. What brand of food colouring do you use? I have blue food coloring, but it doesn’t make my frosting sparkly and light blue like these…

1. It’s Wilton icing writer in blue, so not food coloring at all actually :).

1. Danielle says:

Oh cool :) I have Wilton’s purple icing writer, actually…I should buy some blue!

58. susanne says:

hi katie,
    i’m attempting to make these now, but i’ve ended up with a very gummy/sticky “batter” that i’m not sure will even hold together enough to roll out. what was the consistency of your dough? this is the same problem i have when i attempt to make almond butter with any kind of maple syrup turns into this gummy, weird mess. how could it be that no one else has this problem?! i guess for me in the future no almonds/almond flour and maple syrup together.. :(

1. It should be just a little sticky… then after the freezing stage, it should be firm enough to roll out and make cutouts. Are you using a food scale? They tend to be much more accurate, so that might be one thought for something you could try with your recipes if you’re not already using one.

59. Sarah Anne says:

Well, didn’t have any almond flour or almonds, so I ground up pecans instead. They didn’t turn out exactly like sugar cookies, but they were still delicious!

60. Ohh interesting use of almond meal. I should try find a recipe for sugar cookies using coconut flour. For some reason I like how coconut flour tastes better than the almond meal.

61. I love these photos (and the recipe)! They are just gorgeous!!!

62. renata says:

instead of vanilla i used only a few drops of vanilla extract and some orange zest and added nutmeg. yum! thanks katie<3 amazing recipe and i love that its flourless… make more of these!

63. Coline says:

They sound good, I will have to make them, and write about how they turned out, on my blog

64. I just made these and I love them! I went for the maple syrup version and I didn’t have to add any additional liquid. I made mine really thin, wafer like and they’re just delish!!

65. Denise says:

I was just thinking if only Katie had a sugar cookie recipe. Can’t wait to make them. I Love your recipes. Thank you for sharing them.

66. alyssa booko says:

katie your talents just kill me. you amaze me katie. the heart cookies are not only beautiful they are amazing in composition. i will give them a try sometime.

67. alyssa booko says:

hey katie
    i bet garbanzo bean flour would work too but maybe too crumbly????

68. Emily says:

What are you using for your sprinkles? I can never find sugar-free sprinkles.

69. Candice says:

Hey Katie!

Great site. I am wondering how I too can get published and work with different magazines. Do you have any pointers? please stop by my site at and thank you for the great recipies!

70. Amanda K says:

I want to make these, but I don’t have a rolling pin! What should I do?

1. CC says:

Amanda, I HATE Rolling things out. I don’t know what it is, but I just suck at it! I have a rolling pin but sometimes have better luck at using a plastic drinking glass (think Rubbermaid from the 70-80’s tall pastel drinking glasses). I used this method before I found my rolling pin, but like it better than the rolling pin! Necessity breads invention…think outside the mould! Hope that helps.

1. becauseHeloves! says:

I just flatten the dough with my hands until it’s a pretty even consistency, because rollers never seem to work for me. The dough always sticks to it.

2. Bianca says:

Wine Bottle for me! The perfect rolling pin :)

71. Terry says:

I want to make these cookies!! I only have Stevia in the Raw packets. How many of those would I use for this??

72. Alyssa says:

I just stopped at the grocery store and couldn’t find the almond flour so I grabbed coconut flour instead. Do you think I can do this the same way but with coconut flour?

73. Holly says:

Thank you so much for this recipe! It’s the first baked good I’ve had in two months because of the elimination diet I’m on. I searched high and low for something that only uses stevia as a sweetener and this is the only thing I’ve found so far! So THANK YOU! I’m going to toy with this recipe a bit when I make it again…I’ve never had almond flour cookies so I’m not sure how much of the texture is inherent, but I think rolling them more thickly and baking them longer will be better. I only baked them for about 9 minutes because I like soft cookies and the edges were turning brown, but they didn’t taste fully cooked. I used one dropperful of nunaturals liquid stevia and the dough tasted lovely, but the stevia mellowed during cooking and they weren’t sweet enough in the end–i’ll adjust it next time :-) I found that the vanilla plus a slightly smaller amount of almond extract baked to a peanut-buttery taste–also unlike the dough. Overall I’m so glad I tried these and so grateful to you for making my day :-)

74. Nat says:

How many servings does this recipie make? Oh, and I love your recipes!

75. katie says:

Just wondering where you buy your sprinkles. Are they free of dyes and other bad ingredients? thanks, love your ideas.

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

I’m not Katie, but try Edward and Sons brand. Vegan and all-natural.

76. Joanne says:

Your website has changed my life! I am a vegan and also gluten free. I love your website so much! Thank you for all that you do!! And keep up the amazing recipes!!

77. Emily says:

These were delicious and a big hit! Thanks! I love your blog!

78. Baker Loli says:

Ohmygob! I didn’t have any sugar in the house and had lots of almond flour so I kept looking for recipes that would do, I baked these exactly according to directions using Stevia and leaving the cookies inside the oven for 10 minutes. When they were ready I drizzled them in the powdered sugar mixture and wow were the delicious!
    If you use soymilk it becomes an instant vegan win!
    Definitely going to use this recipe every time I have almond flour in the house 😉

79. Michelle says:

These were really good! I didn’t feel too bad promising my daughter we’d make cookies for no occaision at all. We had a difficult time transferring the shapes onto a baking sheet. So we rolled them out between two pieces of parchment paper right on the baking sheet, cut out the shapes on to bottom piece, pulled away the excess and just baked it from there. It also kept my 3 year old very clean in the process! She also put some sprinkles right on to the shapes before freezing and they were tasty without icing. We were all happy!

80. CW says:

I made these using sugar-free Torrani Almond Syrup for the sweetener, and they were AWESOME! They did mix up like cookie dough should. I didn’t have to add anything additional. It did take 30 minutes for them to bake to desired crispiness.

81. Bianca says:

These cookies weren’t too sweet, which was perfect for my family which do not possess a sweet tooth. I had a hard time getting my sprinkles to stay on top of the cookies and not stick to my fingers, but they did add a nice crunch to the cookies. By the way, do all funfetti sprinkles stick together like they have a lot of static electricity? I’m just curious :) Thanks for the recipe; they helped use up the bag of almond meal I picked up at Trader Joe’s!

82. me says:

Really nice photos!

83. tejal shah says:

hi katie
    cant understand wats the white thing tat u covered the cookies with in the pic .please explain wat was that

84. Unique says:

Good morrow! I was just stumbling along looking for sweet treat recipes and I absolutely fell in love with all of these healthy refreshing twists on things that I just adore. Thank you so much! I am 17 and now that my mother will be working more often I have control over what we eat. Mwah ha ha thank you thank and thank you again! Did I mention, THANK YOU!

85. Hi…Thank you for your lovely cookie recipes…Like your cookies, you are so young and sweet and I am sure you will go far with your cookies …. I am going to use these recipes for gifts for friends and relatives and even those in far away lands…Please continue sending me more of your “lovelies”…Peace, Lee Marie Christopher

86. Cindy says:

I will definitely try this recipe for Christmas.
    I have a wonderful ginger cookie recipe but have no idea how to make it gluten free. Do you know where I can find the measurements for substituting almond or oat flour for all-purpose flour?

87. diana says:

dear ms chocolate covered katie,
    so! i tried these for the bf who’s keto. and he loved them. so much so that here i am making them again. two times in two days! so thanks! fyi: another winning sweetener combo seems to be 2 tbsp erythritol powder (crystals?) with 1/2 tbsp of splenda- in case anyone is wondering. your site is really awesome. :) i may try to actually make cut outs of these but i’ve had sorry luck with shapes so far
    “ooh! what are these? camels?”- friend
    me sigh. “no they’re supposed to be cats” and so on.

88. Stefane says:

These look so beautiful and delicious! Thanks for the recipe!

89. Inanna says:

Hello, Lovely Miss Katie,
    These cookies were a big hit with my family! I added nutmeg to the frosting to make it a little more interesting, which turned out splendidly.
    I have a suggestion for your site! It would be great if you could list serving sizes with your recipes – I often find that I need to double the ingredients to serve four (doubled, this one made about 14 cookies). Just a thought!
    Keep up the good work. :)

1. Most of my recipes do list serving sizes… it’s usually at the end of the recipe instructions. Or almost always on the nutrition link :).

90. Cinn Jenn says:

Just yesterday I was at the grocery store, and feeling so sorry for myself that I can’t have traditional sugar cookies because of grain allergies… and then this recipe comes along! Hooray! I can’t wait to try them out. Thank you for your great recipes!

91. Heather Thornhill says:

Just made these for my son who is coming off a strict anti-candida diet and transitioning to Paleo—–I used 1tbsp of powdered stevia and 1tbsp coconut palm sugar. The cookies were delicious! We used a small scoop for the batter and flattened the ball of dough with our hands….we did not add additional liquid and used trader Joe’s almond flour and caps.

92. Sage says:

These are my new favorite cookies, definitely try them! The recipe doesn’t make very much dough so I recommend doubling it (if you plan on sharing). Also, the almond extract is a must :)

93. Natalie says:

Hi Katie,
    can you clarify the details for when you use agave syrup instead. is it just exactly the same as for maple syrup or do you do the sweetener option instead. I want to make them for a first birthday party and have the agave already.

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Agave is interchangeable with maple, so same amount in recipes.

94. Amanda chutz says:

Do you think this recipe could work as the sugar cookie base for a fruit pizza? It would be cooked as one whole piece.

95. Can you tell us more about this? I’d care to find out more details.

96. Ellen says:

Yum! Could I use this recipe for jam cookie sandwiches?

97. Hillary says:

These are quite tasty and not too sweet!! It should be noted, though, that this recipe makes like 8 cookies…so if you’re planning on bringing these to a party, I would definitely recommend doubling or tripling the recipe. Also, I would suggest rolling out the dough between two layers of parchment paper, taking off the top layer of paper, freezing the dough for 20-30 minutes, and then cutting out the cookies. My dough was quite wet, so cutting the cookies with the dough at room temperature was impossible.

98. Stephanie says:

I love that you are starting to post with Paleo options! I have loved your blog for a couple of years and am usually able to adapt what you have provided, if needed, but already having the Paleo option available is such a wonderful gift. Thank you!

99. Julie says:

Hi Katie!

Love your recipes! Thanks so much.

Do you have a vegan recipient for Village Inn French Silk Pie?

I am also interested in finding more sugar free options, not necessarily grain free, but love the sugar free.

Thank you!!

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Have you tried this one? It is amazing!

100. Hannah S says:

This looks delicious! I cannot wait to try it on my own. I am a huge fan of your recipes because I have a lot of food allergies including gluten so I love when you post some specifically already made without flour.

101. Bridget says:

Hi Katie! These cookies are amazing! The first time we made them I forgot to add the coconut oil but added the milk. They turned out great! The second time we did it the “right” way and did not need the milk. They were both great! We live in California and it is not humid right now, so we didn’t refridgerate them at all! Just wanted you to know incase a reader didn’t have the coconut oil or milk. Thank you for your yummy recipes!

102. Pam says:

I know these are GRAIN FREE cookies, but I wonder if I can substitute the Almond Flour for Whole Wheat Flour just because I want to make them right now and that is all I have at home? Thank you! These look DELICIOUS!

103. Heathet Rush says:

Okay Chocolate Covered Katie – Challenge: should you choose to accept and make one happy new mommy to be!! I am allergic to ALL grain (except GF oats), ALL nuts including coconut, eggs, dairy, pinto and lima beans. Also I can’t have sugar. Is there anything out there I can make as a treat??? I would SO LOVE to have a “decatant delight” with all these prego cravings :-D!!

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

I HIGHLY recommend the mint chocolate chip milkshakes in her cookbook if you have it. I am obsessed!

2. Kaela says:

The chocolate chip blondies. They have oats, but just use the gluten free ones.

3. Barbara says:

Her avocado chocolate shake or her avocado shake. Both freaking amazing!

104. Sheena says:

Just a reminder that oats are a grain too
    Some people are intolerant of all grains
    This includes. Oats , soy, quinua, etc
    But your almond flour cookies are great

105. Kaela says:

I dont really like almond extract… if I omit and use vanilla instead, will I still have a strong taste of almond from the almond flour? I have never used almond flour. Thanks!

106. Bianca says:

Best part is they smell like “real cookies” while baking/cooling – that is one thing I hated to part with when going GF 😉

107. Kat says:

Love flourless! However, I am unable to have nuts :'( Will try to play with this using Coconut flour…or possibly Bob’s Red Mill baking flour.

Great job!

108. bethany says:

Can this be a no bake dessert as well?

1. I’ve not tried, but it has no egg… so why not!

109. Jacqueline Simonian says:

How long do these sugar cookies last? I am hoping to make some monkey sugar cookies for my daughters 1st Birthday. We are currently Dairy and Gluten free and I would love to have her eat a cookie on her Birthday. Would these stand up to Royal Icing? Could I make and decorate them a week in advance? Do they freeze well?

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

They last the same as regular traditional cookies and should be stored the same way. And yes, can stand up to royal icing and freeze well or you can freeze the dough balls and then bake from there :-)

110. Nani Womack says:

Thank you for all your great recipes. I can eat sugar dairy or white flour so this is a blessing!