Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

The Best Healthy Desserts of the Year

Healthy Desserts!

Things may have seemed a little slow around here this past week, as I’m getting ready for some huge changes this month with the blog design and the cookbook. Hopefully you will get to see more about both in the next few weeks!

For today, a look back on the most-popular healthy dessert recipes of 2012. Although the cookie dough dip was the overall favorite of the healthy desserts, today’s post is only for healthy desserts published in 2012. So here they are in order: your favorite healthy desserts.

healthy desserts of the year:

frosting shots

coconut bar

…………………..Coconut Crack Bars

german chocolate balls

……………………German-Chocolate Fudge Bites

chocolate tofu mousse

………………..Secret Ingredient Chocolate Mousse

January and February are going to be recipe heavy, with new healthy dessert recipe posts coming your way much more frequently. Basically, now that I know what healthy desserts recipes are going in the cookbook, all of the others I’d been saving can be posted on the blog. In January, the focus will be on healthy meal ideas—breakfast recipes, as well as maybe some lunch and dinner ideas. Then February begins chocolate craziness. It all starts with my next healthy dessert post. Hope you are ready!

The top 10 most popular healthy desserts of the year.

1. Lena says:

Haha, I can seriously remember the total excitement I had when seeing each and every one of those recipes when you first posted them. And I’m sooo excited to see all of the new recipes that you’re going to post!

2. Becca says:

The copycat peanut butter eggs are my all-time favorite!!! I also liked the nutella a lot! Mostly due to my common thoughts and feelings of oh-that-looks-so-good-I’ll-have-to-try-that-sometime followed by oops-I-never-actually-got-around-to-making-all-of-those, those are the only two I tried from this post. But I give both recipes two thumbs up :)

3. Sabrina says:

This post is sinful it’s so good! Keep em coming in 2013!

4. Carley says:

Gah!! Always look so good!

5. Schaun says:

Hurry up! I can’t wait for more yummy recipes! 😀

6. Kathy says:

I am sooooo excited to see what you have coming. Especially the healthy meal ideas. I’m always at a loss as to what to make, so this will be really helpful!!! Love your site!

7. Ohhhh Katie, everything looks amazing! I can’t wiat to see what you cook up next!!! I am looking forward to healthy meals!!! :)

8. Monica says:

Yes! Bring it on!

9. Reba Cox says:

The cake batter energy bar looks AMAZING. I love using cashews in recipes. They are perfect for a lot of different situations!

10. Julie says:

Lovely list, Katie! I think I might try the Cake Batter Energy Bars sometime.

11. I’ve made nearly all of those recipes, and wouldn’t be surprised if half of the 2 million cookie dough dip views were from me! I’m very much looking forward to your new recipes, book and web design. Happy 2013 :)

12. Ida says:

Will there be an e-book? I love your recipes. When I low carb they are easily adjusted. Most of them at least :)

1. amanda says:

ooooooh an ebook would be VERY cool!

1. I don’t really have any concrete plans for an ebook, but it’s definitely something I’d like to learn how to do for the future.

13. I love the single serving chocolate mocha cake. It’s one of my staples when I need a chocolate fix :)

I can’t wait for the cookbook. It sounds like you’ve got an exciting year ahead of you!

14. It all looks so good! I can’t wait to see what recipes you have in store for 2013!

15. Yea!!! So excited for your cookbook….and those cake batter energy bars!!

16. I’m bookmarking this to try all of them! Can’t wait for your new blog design and of course your cookbook. Keep all the greatness coming in 2013!

17. kimthevegan says:

Ooh I hadn’t seen all of these – thanks for the recap.
    Looking forward to January recipes =)

18. This is cool to see! I know my roomy has made some of these treats for both of us, which is really how I got into your blog. I’m excited for the breakfast posts!

19. Beth Aldrich says:

HI Katie,
    I’m loving your blog so much! Can we pre-order your book somewhere? I’ve loved every one of your recipes that I’ve made and look forward to the delicious fun in 2013! Blessings!

1. Not yet, but I will definitely let you know more info when I have it :).

20. April B says:

I’m so excited for you Katie!! I love your recipes & I can’t wait to get my hands on your cookbook!

21. Linda Wilson says:

Just keep them coming Katie – your deliciously healthy sweet treats hit the spot and take the guilt away from eating dessert. Love, love, love the blog – THANK YOU!

22. Laura says:

mmm I love all these recipes, I’m very excited to be leaving for Africa today, but also so sad I will be without my kitchen and my new VItamix for three months! Keep up the posts and I will have lots to look forward to when I get back :)

23. I love the peanut butter eggs!!

24. Yum! All of these look delish! I really want to try the chocolate frosting shots and cake batter energy bars. :)

25. Alanna says:

Can’t wait to see the new blog, the cookbook, and all the yummy recipes headed our way! Happy 2013, Katie!

26. oh goodness, your readers choose well. I’m going to have to try some of these!

27. So glad to hear the cookbook is coming along! I know we’re all excited for it… as well as getting all the recipes that didn’t make the cut sooner rather than later :)

28. Jinjoo says:

Hi katie,

I’m a big fan of you and I’ve tried almost every recipes that you posted!

I really love them all! Thanks a lot for your lovely healthy recipes at all times.

Do you know when the book will be ready? I just can’t wait for it because I know how awesome it’s gonna be!

I would like to pre-order if I could!!

1. I will definitely post more info when I have it :).

29. Cassandra says:

Ooh, I can’t wait for chocolate craziness! I love Valentine’s Day!

30. Kitty Bea says:

I’m ready! I’m excited for your following posts.

31. April says:

READY, SET… Oh wait I have to wait? :( Haha I am really looking forward to health month! :)

32. Rossi says:

I must say the healthy Nutella was fabulous. As one of many Nutella addicts out there, it was wonderful to see a healthier version of my favorite thing in the world :)

33. Oh I’ve gotta make those peanut butter eggs and the coconut crack bars, they look just as delicious today as when I first saw them on your blog!

34. Claire says:

Cant WAIT to buy your cookbook!!!

35. Sarah says:

Really looking forward to your cookbook! Can you release an ebook version? Pretty please?

1. No ebook plans at the moment, but it’s something I’d love to do someday in the future.

36. Jamie H says:

I am such a blog stalker of yours. I look at/read (via email) almost all of your posts but I RARELY comment (so sorry!). This post however deserves a comment because I’m going to try these!!

37. Alyx says:

I am so excited for the cookbook! Please keep up the blog; it is the highlight of my week! :) Thank you Katie!!

38. Katarina says:

Your recipes are yummy and a cookbook sounds great! Have a lovely new year!

39. Definitely enjoyed the peanut butter eggs! :)

40. thomas says:

So glad that found this blog. It has all the recopies I need

41. Gi says:

Thanks for taking your time to do this round up Kate!
    I wish you a wondrous 2013 as well (:

42. Wow, can’t wait to see the new design and checkout some healthy entrees! Sounds like you have quite the year ahead of you, Katie!

43. Thanks for the collection Katie!!! I can’t wait to see what else you have in store. Happy New Year!

44. Lady Jennie says:

Yum! I have to check out the nutella.

45. Tom says:

Wonderful site, amazing recipes!!

46. Verenique B says:

cant wait for the cookbook!!! soooooooo super excited!
    will be be able to order it over your blog or?

1. I’ll definitely post more info when I know it. Pretty sure it’ll be available in bookstores and on Amazon.

47. Shay says:

Love love love all those recipes!!! I am going to dash downstairs and make the nutella even though i just ate your chocolate oatmeal for snack (i am not going to sleep today!!!:))!!
    Also, when is your cookbook coming out?
    I am going to be waiting in line at Barnes and Nobles or wherever to get it :)

1. Not sure yet, but I will post more when I know! :)

48. Anonymous says:

Really looking forward to the new recipes! You are amazing, Katie, and such an inspiration. Even as someone who isn’t watching her weight (I’m still “underweight” at 20) I enjoy making my desserts healthier – or at least less bad – because I don’t see the point in clogging yourself full of junk when it makes you sick and lethargic. Thank you!

49. I’ll vouch for the #1 placement of the chocolate frosting shots — made them the other day and they are amazing. My non-veg husband LOVED them, too! Can’t wait to make some of the others on the list.

50. Lisa @bitesforbabies says:

I’ve tried two of these recipes-the coconut crack bars and the fudge bites…and they were both delicious!!

51. renee says:

This morning I made oatmeal-raisin fudge bites with my mother’s Vita-mix. They were sooo blissfully good.
    Dang, am I excited for a new blog design, the cookbook, the upcoming recipes, basically everything! omigoshomigoshomigosh anticipation is killing me.
    Will your cookbook be selling outside of the US? I sure hope so, cuz I reside on this ‘lil island near China called Taiwan. 😛

1. I’m not sure, actually. I’ve heard (but am not sure if it’s true) that Amazon will ship some things to Taiwan, so that might be a possibility.

1. renee says:

haha, that’s right. There’s always Amazon 😀

52. Elizabeth says:

How very yummy are all of these and how fun to have a new blog design. Happy New Year. x

53. I love all your recipes – easy to make and delicious:)
    Looking forward to new recipes and to your new blog design!

54. The copycat reese’s might be making an appearance in my kitchen very soon…

55. Tia says:

Ah! Katie! Please make a recipe for puppy chow!

56. Jess says:

Your post reminded me just how much I love your peanut butter breakfast pudding. I just finished a big bowl of it. Your Betterfingers bars are my favorite, though. Or maybe your big fat coconut breakfast cake, or your peanut butter bread. It’s all so good! Thank you for so many delicious recipes, Katie. I am so excited for the cookbook!

57. Oh wow…you have me drooling at work! lol

I’m pinning this right now and trying many of these in 2013. Thanks :-)

58. Veronica says:

I’m so happy i found your website! Do you know how hard it is to find SINGLE SERVING healthy DESSERTS?! yeah….i guess u probably do since you chose to create the recipes for them haha, love all your dessert recipes and can’t wait to make them!! Thnks!

60. Rusty says:

Hi There:

I want to make the frosting shots so bad! I’ve tried three times and after putting the can in the refrigerator and opening them, I found nothing solid in the can. Just liquid. I bought the Thai kitchen in the red can, just like your picture showed. What in the world can I do to correct the situation.

What can I make with the liquid?

Thank you so much for helping me out.

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

As she says in the post, if you want a guarantee, you should buy coconut cream.

But you can make delicious smoothies with the thinner coconut milk or use it in any of Katie’s recipes that call for “milk of choice.”