The Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Latte

Cookie Dough Coffee Latte http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2013/01/21/the-chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-latte/

Liquid Cookie Dough.

Imagine this: It’s a cold winter’s morning, and you hurry into the local coffee shop for a steaming-hot latte to counter the chill. The barista behind the counter asks, “Would you like a plain latte? Or would you prefer a rich and creamy ‘dessert’ latte that tastes like a warm chocolate-chip cookie, straight out of the oven?”

Which would you choose?

coffee drink  For those times when regular coffee just won't cut it, treat yourself to the creamy deliciousness of a homemade chocolate chip cookie dough latte: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2013/01/21/the-chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-latte/

Is that even a question?

Who wouldn’t choose the liquid cookie dough?

chocolate chip latte

cookie dough latte

What are some good latte flavor ideas?

What about a Coconut Cream Pie Latte? Or a French Toast Latte? For my dream latte, I think I’ll have to be boring and say: Chocolate Brownie Latte. You just can’t ever go wrong with chocolate.
coffee drink
chocolate chip cookie dough latte

Cookie Dough Latte

(Serves 1-2)

• 3/4 cup creamer (such as Silk) or canned coconut milk (180g)
  • 3/4 cup milk of choice, or 3/4 cup more creamer or coconut milk (180g)
  • 1 tbsp brown sugar or coconut brown sugar (8g)
  • stevia (or more brown sugar) to taste. Amount will depend on the sweetness of the milk you use.
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • Optional: 1/2 tsp instant coffee granules. It’s not technically a “latte” without coffee… but really, who cares?
  • Optional: mini chips, whipped topping, eggless cookie dough

Combine first six ingredients in a small pot or microwave-safe dish, stir, and heat until desired temperature is reached. Either use a coffee frother to make foam, or whisk the milk while it’s on the stove, then hold the foam back with a spoon as you pour the latte into a mug and add the foam at the very end. Garnish if desired, and enjoy!

View Nutrition Facts

Link Of The Day:

sugar-cookie-pizza.jpg

Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza

Tags: , , , ,

1. Julianna says:

I will totally be trying this immediately. Hmm, I have been craving cookie dough lately!

2. Lisa says:

Yum! I have a small obsession with lattes, so this will need to be made right away! I’ve been loving coconut milk. I love how creamy and delicious it makes everything!

3. Catie says:

Yum!! I’m a sucker for lattes. I always get Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup lattes or Pumpkin Spice!!!

4. Steph says:

I love the mug you used!

5. catie says:

lately i’ve been making warm milk at night because it’s FREEZING where i live. i just warm up some homemade almond milk and thrown in a little vanilla creme flavored stevia and cinnamon. so good! gonna have to try this one out tonight (minus the coffee that late at night…) 🙂

6. Cathy says:

yum yum yum. i’m making this as soon as i can! that mug is amazing, where did you buy it?

1. It is from a store called Pearl River Mart in NYC. If I remember correctly, it was only like $5 :).

2. Tamara says:

I also love the mug! I didn’t find any on the pearl river website, but I found one elsewhere that seems to be very similar 🙂 It’s $14 at this place

7. Stephanie Wilson says:

Yum, yum yum!!! Cannot wait to try this out!!

8. Mikayla says:

Yum! That looks so good! Can’t wait to try! 🙂

9. Jenny says:

Peanut butter latte

10. Stella says:

But …. that’s basically just creamer, milk and sugar, how is it supposed to taste like cookie dough?

1. Oh but it does! It’s the ratio that’s important for the correct flavor. If you think about it, cookie dough isn’t made up of much more than that. You just have to try it ;).

11. oh wow. looks delicious and seems easy! i will have to try this soon.

12. carolyn says:

How about Carrot Cake latte?

13. Pumpkin pie or chocolate peanut butter latte – both sound delicious! I will definitely have to try this recipe, though!

14. Oooo I like the french toast idea. Is it weird that I think a banana-flavored latte would be good? Yes? I thought so too…

15. Emma says:

I don’t like coffee so I’ll skip that- besides “latte” in Italian actually just means milk!

1. Katharina says:

I was just about to write the same! That latte just means milk and the full name actually is latte macchiato 😉

16. Kelley says:

I don’t think the banana idea sounds weird! What about a Nutella latte? They have hazelnut lattes, and Nutella is just hazelnuts and chocolate.

17. Ellie Rainey says:

Your question of the day made me so enthusiastic about latte flavors that I came up with the list below 😀

Vanilla lavender latte!
    peppermint latte!
    orange creamsicle latte!
    snickerdoodle latte (the cookie dough latte but with cinnamon in it!)
    sticky toffee pudding latte!
    pomegranate green tea latte!
    pistachio latte!
    lemon mousse latte (maybe put tofu in it?!)
    Chinese gunpowder tea latte!
    birthday cake latte!

okay, I’m going crazy here. You can tell that I’m a true coffee fanatic…

1. Julia says:

Yummm! Katie needs to see these!!! 😛

18. Emma says:

This looks awesome. I can’t wait to make one. Great photography. Please check out the food blog I have just started http://www.surreyKitchen.wordpress.com. Thanks!

19. Katie G says:

Any way to make this as a cold, blended frappe? Yummy!