Mexican Chocolate No Bake Cookies

Easy #nobake chocolate cookies - VERY addictive - We couldn't stop eating them! http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2013/12/19/mexican-chocolate-bake-cookies/ @choccoveredkt

If you’re looking for a tried-and-true holiday cookie recipe that gets rave reviews and  yields a batch large enough to take to a party…

Do not make these.

The raw cookie batter is so addictive that, if you’re anything like me, you’ll find it completely impossible to stop eating the cookie dough by the spoonful. So by the time you actually get around to forming cookies, very little batter will be left. The yield of this recipe is for 16-18 cookies… but I think my first batch made closer to 5.

And I’d like to say I had a bunch of friends to blame for all the missing dough.

No Bake Chocolate Cookies

But no.

It was just me.

Embarrassed smile Embarrassed smile

pin-it

Mexican Chocolate No Bake Cookies

• 2 tbsp cocoa or cacao powder (10g)
  • 2/3 cup quick oats (60g)
  • 1/2 cup oat flour (60g) – or just pulse rolled oats in a food processor until they become powder, and measure after processing
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda – yes, really
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • scant 1/4 tsp cayenne, or more for spicier cookies
  • 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp sugar of choice or xylitol (50g)
  • 1/4 cup vegetable or coconut oil (40g)
  • 2 tbsp water (30g)
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips, optional

In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients. In a small cup, combine all wet ingredients. Pour wet into dry, and stir together. Scoop out with a cookie scoop, or refrigerate a few minutes until firm enough to scoop out (if using coconut oil, don’t refrigerate too long or the dough will become hard). Place cookie dough balls on wax paper and chill until firm. If you want to bake these cookies, do so at 325 F for 10 minutes. Then let cool 5 minutes before eating. Makes about 16-18 cookies.

View Nutrition Facts

IMG_0056IMG_0059IMG_0060IMG_0061

Link Of The Day:

pumpkin chocolate chip cookies healthy

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. These look delicious, and I love that they have a little kick to them with the cayenne! I’ve been using it in a lot of my cooking lately and think it’s time to incorporate it into baking/no bake!
    I am a cookie dough fiend!

2. Started cracking up when I got to the line “Do not bring these” hahaha. It takes a lot to get me to prefer the dough to the final cookie, but naturally I make an except for CHOCOLATE :-)

3. Yum!! These sound soooo good!

4. Tammela says:

These sound great! I am definitely a dough-taster.

5. I love that these are lower carb. I have gestational diabetes, so trying to figure out how I can sneak in some treats this holiday season, while keeping things in check is a bit tricky.

And I LOVE to sample cookie dough–one of the great things about vegan goods is that you CAN :)

6. Rachel says:

Oh my goodness, girl! I was about to make your mocha no-bakes. They are getting trumped to try this!!!

7. These sound delicious Katie! I love no bake cookies, they are so simple and fun to make!

8. sl says:

Yum! This look so good. Just right for that sweet chocolate fix. I wonder if I could add protein powder to add more protein to it? Any suggestions? Could i use a scoop instead of oat flowr? Thanks for your help.

1. Madison says:

You could definitely try substituting a vegan protein powder in for the oat flour. You would probably want to start off with just 1/4 cup first and then increase from there to make sure they don’t get too dry. If you were planning on a non-vegan protein powder like whey I wouldn’t bake them and just do the no bake version. Obviously experimenting is up to you, but protein powder can sometimes really make a dessert taste weird when baked.

9. Stephen says:

Of course I taste the dough! Really it is just for quality control … honest …

10. Mariel says:

Any good chef knows that you ALWAYS taste, taste, taste your food while you’re making it. I mean, what if you mixed up the salt and the sugar? The results would be disastrous! Therefore, I think that tasting is always a must. And if you “accidentally” happen to eat half the batter along the way? Well that’s better than serving your friends salt filled cookies. :)

1. Emilylovesraisins says:

LOL once my friend mixed up salt and sugar while making banana bread and apparently it was disastrous. i can’t even imagine how that might happen while TWO people are baking! 😛

11. I most definitely sample the dough – that’s the best part of baking! YUM

12. Oh gosh I may need supervision making these if the dough is that good. Gotta love a kick of cayenne with chocolate!

13. Rachel says:

Follow-up: These cookies ROCK! I just made them, and I ate half the dough. I used rolled oats instead of quick oats btw and they are still SO GOOD.

One of the things I love about your recipes btw is that I can eat the dough and do not have to worry about salmonella from raw eggs.

I WILL be making these again. Quite possibly in a few minutes to make up for the half I already ate.

1. Thank you so much… I think you were the first person to make them :)

1. I didn’t… that is awesome!

14. Abby says:

Just a general comment for Katie;
    Have you ever heard of a Yonanas machine?
    I feel as though you could invent some great recipes with that machine

1. Yes, I have something similar and love it… I don’t use it often enough! (I used it for the Dole Whip recipe on the blog.)

15. Cait says:

Just made these; they are so good.
    Katie, your recipes never cease to amaze my tastebuds!!

16. becauseHeloves! says:

Just made them and they’re sooo good. And I always eat waaaaaaay too much dough!

17. I have yet to make spicey chocolate cookies. I always forget I want to try it! I guess I get caught up in the chocolate of things 😉

I love cookie dough too – almost more than the cookies. I think that’s one of the reasons I like raw and no-bake cookies so much.

18. Barb says:

I mostly make cookies just to eat the dough :) I can’t imagine making anything without tasting it, especially sweets.
    And look – no discussions about the baking soda! (At least not yet)

19. Emilylovesraisins says:

WOW THESE LOOK FABULUS (tee hee im so lazy when it comes to spelling)
    i love to sample cookie dough! who cares about salmonella when you have sugary, buttery goodness right in front of you? (welllll actually i do, so thats why i make vegan cookies, (plus yours taste amazing)) but once i was baking with my friend and i asked her if she wanted to lick a beater and she gave me the weirdest look ever, like “you eat raw cookie dough?” it was kinda embarrassing :/ LOL