Cookie Dough Brownies

I tried these brownies last night, and they are phenomenal!!!! We polished off the entire pan! @choccoveredkt - http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2014/02/21/cookie-dough-brownies/

When I was really young, I had an imaginary friend.

His name was Zozo, and he enjoyed getting me into trouble. Some of his antics included drawing on the walls of my room with permanent marker, telling the babysitter I had no bedtime, pulling my little sister’s hair, and sneaking so many tastes of cookie dough while baking that very few cookies were actually ever made.

Somehow, my parents never bought the excuse it was my imaginary friend behind all of this mischief. 😕

Cookie Dough Brownies

By the way, my childhood imaginary friend is still around and causing trouble.

Only now the trouble comes in the form of convincing me it’s a good idea to watch Netflix instead of going to the gym or doing the dishes.

And he still eats the raw cookie dough while we’re baking, until suddenly I will look up and all the batter has disappeared.

Seriously, this guy is evil.

I don’t know why we’re still friends…

Cookie Dough Brownies

pin-it

Cookie Dough Brownies

• 1 cup plus 2 tbsp milk of choice (270g)
  • 2 tbsp ground flaxmeal (11g)
  • 1/2 cup plus 3 tbsp vegetable or coconut or olive oil (110g)
  • 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract (15g)
  • 1 cup spelt, all-purpose, or Bob’s gf flour (120g)
  • 1 cup unsweetened cacao or cocoa powder (80g)
  • 1/4 tsp plus 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar or packed 1/2 cup coconut sugar (115g)
  • only if using Bob’s gf flour, add 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
  • 1/3 cup stevia baking blend, or 1/4 cup regular sugar
  • 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips, optional
  • 1 recipe of the following: Cookie Dough Dip, made the day after making the brownies

Preheat oven to 330F. Grease a 9×13 pan and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all liquid ingredients and the ground flax. In a separate bowl, thoroughly combine all remaining ingredients except the cookie dough dip. Pour wet into dry, stir to combine, and pour into prepared pan. Bake 16 minutes, or until mostly set. Brownies will look a little underdone when they come out, but that’s okay! Let cool, then refrigerate overnight and the texture will firm up nicely. Once chilled and firm, make the cookie dough dip and spread it in a thin layer on top of the brownies. Makes 30-35 brownies (35 the size of the ones in the photos). Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.

View Full Nutrition Facts

beet brownies

Other Brownie Recipes:

Maybe there are too many brownie recipes on my site and I should stop posting brownie recipes for a while…

No. Sorry. That won’t ever happen. 🙂

Tags: , , , , ,

1. Omg I love/hate you right now. I could eat this entire pan in one sitting.

2. Livi says:

yum! can’t wait to try these!

3. I had an imaginary friend, too…but I wasn’t as smart as you to blame my mischief on him! This recipe sounds great, I wish I had some cookie dough in front of me right now!!

4. These look so indulgent! Perfect for the weekend 🙂

I never had a human imaginary friend, but at some point I did have an imaginary black Lab named Buddy. He grew into a whole pack of imaginary dogs of all different shapes and sizes. Can you tell I really, really, REALLY wanted a dog?

5. Megan says:

These look delicious! I have all the ingredients already so I think maybe today would be a good baking day… 🙂
    And yes I did have an imaginary friend! Her name was Mari and I told everyone about her and our adventures. My dad still brings her up and laughs at me. Haha.

6. Anything with cookie dough in the title will entice me! And no, no imaginary friends! I had two brothers and a lot of neighborhood kids, so I guess I just didn’t have the need? Definitely had a teddy bear that I took everywhere though!

7. Yum and yum. I now need to go buy some cookie dough ice cream to satisfy this craving!

1. EVA says:

What?
      I have a solution: make these brownies!

8. Charlotte says:

This looks and tastes devine! I never had an unimaginary friend, I was just naughty when I was younger! Love from Spain http://www.theblondeb.com/

9. Mary Sanchez says:

On the Cookie Dough Brownies, can you subsitute something else for the ground flax (optional) in the brownie part? I see you can use oats in the dip in place of the flax. Can you use anything else?

10. The best of both worlds! Definitely pinning these for later!

11. your story about Zozo made me laugh and these brownies look fabulous – send me some pleasee!!!! 😀

12. Sara says:

I had 3 imaginary friends… Sofie, Toofie and Afra. They had 2 pets: Pet Shop and Zebra. Apparently it’s a sign of creativity in children. No wonder I grew up loving the arts and being an art major in college.

13. Amanda says:

Has anyone tried ground chia instead of ground flax? In any case, I will try it 🙂

14. Janna says:

Anything with cookie dough in the name has to be amazing. Going to make these today … It’s going to be hard to wait until tomorrow to eat them!

15. EVA says:

I think, since I don’t gots no blender, that I’ll just forgo the cookie dough dip (you all can burn me for that) and use the brownies as a base recipe. I need a special dietary-friendly base without fancy ingredients, and this certainly THE ONE.

I tried having an imaginary friend as a child, it was a husky named Nana. Unfortunately, TRIED doesn’t mean succeeding, I just could never get into it. Probably because I have a twin sister, so I never had the need to make up someone since I was never lonely.

Haha, sounds like you have a twin of your own Katie, and Zozo is the evil one!

16. Alissa @ Eat Clean Beauty Queen says:

These look so tasty! I’m bringing your famous cookie dough dip to a trivia night tonight! Can’t wait to let everyone keep going for more and THEN tell them its healthy!! These cookie dough brownies may be next!

17. Taylee @ twist me fit says:

I completely agree – brownies are the best dessert. I’ve been trying my best to find a healthy brownie as good as the full-fat ones, but it’s tough. 🙂

18. Helen says:

Hello Katie! Haha, this was a funny post! It reminds me of a time when I told my parents that the cake I had in the fridge was not ready yet, but they didn’t really care for “perfection”. After a couple of hours half of it was gone (yet unfinished). 😀
    Lovely recipe! I want to eat it now! I guess you are lucky they ate only the missing part in the pictures!

19. Andie says:

OH MY GOSH!! My 2 favorite things rolled into one!! Perfection. Will try ASAP. Just out of curiosity, what do you do when you go to the gym? Due to injury I can’t run, so I’ve mostly biked and would love some new ideas 😀

20. Emilylovesraisins says:

Lol, my friend and i have an imaginary friend named Norman. He’s pretty mischievous.
    These brownies looks so good! 🙂