Mounds Bar Chocolate Coconut Pudding Cups

Mounds Bar Pudding

For more than half of my fourth grade existence, I went through a phase where I was completely obsessed with Jello pudding cups.

Every day, I’d find a different flavor packed into my lunchbox—anything from chocolate, to butterscotch, to cheesecake, to classic vanilla. I loved them all. Today’s recipe reminds me of those Jello pudding cups, made even better with the addition of the rich chocolate shell that breaks to reveal a layer of creamy homemade pudding underneath.

Chocolate Almond Joy Pudding

Mounds Bar Chocolate Coconut Pudding Cups

• 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
  • scant 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup coconut butter
  • 6 oz Mori-Nu firm tofu OR cashew cream
  • pinch pure stevia, or 1 tbsp sugar of choice
  • 1 tbsp milk of choice
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • shredded coconut, if desired

Combine all ingredients in a small blender or magic bullet, and process until completely smooth. Pour into cups or bowls, and refrigerate at least 30 minutes to thicken. Optional topping: Mix together 1 tbsp each cocoa powder, pure maple syrup, and coconut oil. Pour over the chilled puddings and refrigerate 10 minutes to harden. Recipe makes about 3-4 pudding cups.

Click for: Mounds Bar Pudding Cups Nutrition Information

Chocolate Coconut Pudding Cups

Question of the Day:

Do you ever make your own homemade pudding?

Any favorite flavors? I’m partial to my Homemade Chocolate Pudding, but now that I’m in a pudding-making mood, I feel like experimenting. Do you have any flavor requests?

Homemade Soft Pretzels

Link of the Day:  How to make your own Homemade Auntie Anne’s Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

1. Amelia P. says:

Cookie Dough Pudding sounds fantastic! (;

2. Livi says:

That looks so good!!

3. These look great! I especially love the idea of the hard chocolate shell, makes it seem more decadent and you’d also avoid that dreaded dry pudding top.

I make a classic chocolate pudding that’s basically milk, chocolate chips, sugar, and cornstarch. It’s over the double boiler and it’s so chocolatey.

4. Mmm, looks like a chocolate brulêe! 😀 x

5. Andrea says:

BUBBLEGUM PUDDING!!! Or cookie dough

6. D says:

Would it be alright if I don’t use maple syrup?

7. Everything from old fashioned vanilla pudding to fancy cranberry-pomegranate-whatever-floates-your-boat pudding 🙂
    This looks and sounds amazing.

1. Annie says:

Lol live that name: “cranberry-pomegranate-whatever-floates-your-boat pudding”
      Humorous.

8. kate says:

pistachio, banana, or almond

9. Hollie says:

It’s funny because I was actually wondering how you made pudding. Thanks for sharing this recipe, it looks good!

10. EVA says:

Mounds/Almond Joys, the one Halloween candy I’d immediately throw out upon arriving home. I wish I liked coconut!

I make my own “pudding” by just taking Vega One protein powder, throwing it into a bowl, and adding maybe 1/4 cup water. Stir it up, and it’s true pudding consistency! Well, actually a bit more like nut butter, but that consistency is damn delicious.
    I’m also loving Zen brand’s new chocolate Almondmilk pudding. If you haven’t, check it out!

11. chana says:

how about dulce de leche pudding. any way to make THAT healthy?

12. Kyla says:

If I put almonds on the chilled puddings, then put the chocolate over the top, do you think it would taste like an almond joy?

13. Annie says:

Yes! I love how delicious these look! : ) Yummy… Please create an Andes and a S’mores flavors… and cinnamon stick. Maybe Mexican hot chocolate, or rainbow cake. Oh and u mentioned cheesecake pudding – DEFINITELY re-create that one!!

14. EllyV says:

This looks delicious! Hellloooooo tonight’s dessert!
    Also, if you could make vegan (or at least dairy free) something-like-flan, you would be my hero!

15. Athena53 says:

Can this be made with chia seed pudding instead of tofu or cashews?

16. Danielle says:

Can you PLEASE make a vanilla pudding? I love chocolate, and found lots of great recipes from you, but haven’t found a vanilla pudding that was healthy and vegan.

Thank you Katie!

17. Pistachio, vanilla, chocolate, oreo, banana cream, butterscotch, tapioca… 🙂 Oh, and the Jello pudding temptations are amazing too! Lemon meringue. I haven’t been able to eat those in awhile.

18. I have always wanted to make my own pudding, because the pudding from the store just tastes so much like chemicals! For me, like hairspray… I know, I’m weird! I like classic chocolate. 🙂

Sammi at Sammi Sunshine- A Food Blog

19. Brinley says:

Ok sorry not very original here, but what about healthy mint Oreo pudding? It just sounds like one of those “where have you been all my life?!” moments!

20. Steph says:

Peanut butter pudding! No, Lemon pudding! No, no cookie dough pudding! Ahhh! I want pudding 🙂