Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake Ball

Chocolate Brownie Dessert Cheesecake Ball: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2014/06/16/chocolate-brownie-cheesecake-ball/

My obsession with World Cup soccer began in 1994.

I was seven years old and fell in love with the Italian World Cup team… more specifically, I fell in love with their star player, Roberto Baggio, and decided I was going to marry him someday. (My Italian grandmother was immensely happy to hear this.)

For my eighth birthday that year, I received a soccer jersey and tickets to the Italy-Bulgaria semifinals game, where my favorite player scored both goals in an Italy victory.

Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake Ball: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2014/06/16/chocolate-brownie-cheesecake-ball/

It’s probably safe to say I’m not quite as invested in the World Cup this year. (For one thing, my dream husband is retired… and married to someone else. Sigh.) I’m pretty sure the jersey would no longer fit me, and nowadays I am more apt to root for the underdog than for powerhouses like Italy. But I still enjoy watching.

This giant chocolate brownie dessert cheese ball, adapted from my Peanut Butter Cheese Ball, was brought to a World-Cup-watching party for Saturday’s Italy-England game.

Cheesecake Ball

It’s pretty much exactly what it sounds like: a giant ball of chocolate brownie cheesecake.

Easy to make, easy to transport, gluten-free, and—unlike desserts that are frozen or made with coconut oil—it can be set out at a party without immediately melting.

Chocolate Brownie Cheese Ball - This was so EASY, just throw 5 ingredients together and you have dessert - it literally tasted like a giant ball of chocolate cheesecake! ... @choccoveredkt http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2014/06/16/chocolate-brownie-cheesecake-ball/

pin-it

Chocolate Brownie Cheese Ball

• 1/4 cup peanut butter or allergy-friendly alternative (60g)
  • 8 oz cream cheese, such as Daiya or Tofutti
  • 2 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder (15g)
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (4g)
  • 2 cups powdered sugar or Sugar-Free Powdered Sugar (300g)
  • 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, or more if needed (75g)

Dessert Cheese Ball Recipe: Bring the cream cheese and the peanut butter to room temperature (to a stir-able consistency). Mix together with a spoon in a deep bowl, then add the cocoa powder and vanilla and stir. Gradually add the powdered sugar: It will seem dry at first, but just keep stirring and it will eventually become creamy. Cover the bowl and freeze 6 hours or overnight (depending on the type of peanut butter used), until the mixture is no longer too sticky to spoon onto a large piece of plastic wrap. Bring up the sides of the plastic wrap and twist very tightly to form a ball shape. Freeze in the coldest part of your freezer for 2-3 hours or until firm enough that the plastic wrap can be removed without the ball sticking to the wrap. Place chocolate chips in a large bowl or ziploc bag, then roll the cheese ball until evenly coated with chocolate chips. Freeze until ready to serve (or refrigerate if not serving until the next day). Serve with graham crackers, sliced fruit, or anything else you desire.

View Cheese Ball Nutrition Facts

Link Of The Day:

flourless banana pancakes

Flourless Pancakes – 3 Ingredients

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. I think this + animal crackers may be my next post-race treat!

2. Ahhh! I’d been meaning to make the original recipe of yours for this, it looks so delicious! Ah…crushes eh? At least it was better than some of today’s boybands (although I am not ashamed to say I was a massive fan of Backstreet Boys and A1 before discovering real music – rock’n’roll *cough* and Indie *cough cough*).

I hope you’ve been enjoying the World Cup in good company, and had a cracking start to the week 😀 x

3. Leah says:

Thanks for veganizing up a classic! I think generally sifting the cocoa powder and powdered sugar makes a big difference and is so much easier to stir in too. What recipe did you base it on?

4. CMoore says:

Whenever the World Cup plays, I cheer for the following teams: the host country (Brazil in this case) because it requires a lot of work to put the event together, USA because I’m a citizen, and Germany because I used to live there and the team has great soccer players. Germany trumps the other teams when they face off.

5. This recipe really appeals to me, especially for its transportation factor. It looks like the perfect texture and I love anything considered a cheesecake.

6. Ohh, I can see this with carrot sticks! I’m obsessed with carrot sticks and sweet dips or sweet cheesecake balls! Right up my alley 🙂
    I’m of course watching – and of course is the German team my team – they are going to play in half an hour. Too late for the cheesecake ball today, but for the next match this could be the winner.

7. Linsey says:

I had to google Roberto Baggio just to see what he looked like in 1994 and he definitely had the most impressive mullet I have ever seen! He was attractive though, despite said mullet. I love the adolescent/childhood crushes. I’m older than you but I crushed on Simon Lebon…but if you’re going to google him, you must type in Simon Lebon 1982…because even though I was 3 at the time, THAT’S the Simon Lebon I wanted to marry. To be fair, when I saw Duran Duran in 2004, he still looked pretty good…not quite sure what I think of him now, the first picture that came up was an old man with a mustache. I’m not into the mustache…or the old man. And I married someone else anyway. 🙂

8. Heather says:

i made this right away and it tastes good. I mixed the chocolate chips in to use as a spread or eat off the spoon. I used carob powder. I happened to have most of a tub of Daiya cream cheese in the fridge. I bought some to use on bagels and found it to be disgusting, but it does work for this recipe. Thanks.

1. Thank you so much for trying the recipe!
      I’m glad you found a good use for the Daiya as well, so it didn’t go to waste 🙂
      Also, thanks for reporting back to let others know that carob powder can be used. I definitely need to look into that!

9. Be says:

Oh my goodness! This looks soooo delicious! I so have to make it when my family comes over to watch the world cup!!

xx, Be || lovefrombe

10. This is perfect world cup food! It looks amazing! I can’t believe your husband to be married someone else, if he’d have seen your creations before he married the other woman he would have chosen you for sure ;).
    I’m also not that interested, I rather read. Or look at great recipes!

11. maria says:

I’m also Italian so my favourite football team is Azzurri! Forza Italia!!
    I love watching the world cup it gets me really excited and passionate about culture and football.

This cheesecake balls look amazing! I’m a huge fan of your recipes. Thanks for sharing! I’m going to make some with almond butter and vegan protein powder instead….yum!

12. alloyjane says:

Ok, now I have to go get tofutti just so I can make this.

I just cannot get excited for this Cup. There’s too much civil unrest around it for me to lose myself in the usual excitement. It bums me out because I normally live for this ultimate nationalist rallying. I guess I’ll just make good girl fudge to make myself feel better now :-/

13. Lucia says:

What a jolly ball of scrumptiousity! When it comes to sports, I tend to avoid balls due to my hand-eye coordination deficits, but balls of chocolate I do not avoid.

14. Tay says:

Wow Katie! You really outdid yourself, this looks AMAZING!

Also, I am running for PETAs Cutest Vegan Alive, and would love your guys support to help me out in this chocolate covered community!This would be a great opportunity for me, and I would love if you could check out my quick bio and check out what I do for animals, other people, and the environment! I would be so grateful to anyone and everyone who could help me out and allow me to win this contest so that I could portray vegans in the media and show how delicious vegan food is (I am a huge baker, and love to make yummy treats) and how one can affect the world!

Thanks!!!

15. Medeja says:

I stared watching football (that’s how we call it in Europe :D) also in 1994 🙂
    Nice ball! While watching I probably wouldn’t even notice that I finished all of it 😀

16. GO USA!!! 😀
    and that cheesecake ball looks amaze balls

17. Elizabeth says:

Oh my goodness…my mouth is watering just looking at that picture!! Maybe I will make this next time a group of friends comes over. Thanks so much for the recipe and have a wonderful day!!

18. Susan says:

I try so hard to stay away from desserts like this and you make it so difficult… 🙂

I have to watch the World Cup because my husband is a soccer referee and big fan (his younger son is also a huge fan). Of course I’d like to see the US do well, but I think my favorite team is Uruguay. Uruguay is a tiny country with tremendous soccer talent and great style. Right now we’re on the road, but we watch every game we can, and we are recording games at home. I love seeing the artistry of some of the goals. The players do some amazing things.

19. Kelly says:

This looks and sounds AMAZING! I have pinned it to make for a party later this summer!