Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Chocolate Covered Cherries

Chocolate Covered Cherries:

5 Minute Chocolate Covered Cherries:

This chocolate covered cherries recipe is so easy I seriously considered not even posting it…

However, I receive requests from readers every day who ask if I can post more easy recipes—recipes that can be made without an oven, without a blender or food processor, recipes that don’t take all day to prepare and that don’t require a trip to the health food store for some obscure ingredient.

This is one of those easy recipes!

Chocolate Cherries:

The recipe is perfect if you have just five minutes and need to come up with a fancy dessert… or if you’re looking for a recipe that takes advantage of cherry season!

The sweet and vibrant cherries make for a stunning final presentation sure to impress your guests—I took about a million photos and had an incredibly difficult time cutting it down to my five favorites. And then I had an equally difficult time stopping myself from eating all the cherries before I could bring them to their destination.

Chocolate Cherry  Easy Chocolate Covered Cherries Recipe:

Luckily, the recipe makes  a big batch.

An excuse to eat more chocolate covered cherries!

Chocolate Covered Cherry:

Chocolate Covered Cherries

• 1/4 cup cocoa or cacao powder (20g)
  • 1 tbsp liquid sweetener, such as pure maple syrup (15g)
  • 1/4 cup melted coconut oil (For a coconut-free version, see directions below) (38g)
  • fresh cherries, with stems if possible

Chocolate Covered Cherries Recipe: Line a large plate with parchment paper, and set aside. Combine the liquid coconut oil and sweetener, then stir in the cocoa until a thin sauce forms. (If the sauce turns thick, gently heat it for a few seconds until it becomes thin.) Holding the cherries by the stems or with a spoon, swirl each cherry around in the chocolate. Place on the parchment-lined plate, and immediately refrigerate to set the chocolate shell. Due to the melty nature of the coconut oil, these chocolate covered cherries should be refrigerated until ready to serve. (Chocolate sauce makes enough to coat about 110 cherries.) COCONUT-FREE VERSION: Carefully melt 8 oz chocolate chips with 1 tbsp shortening. (Spectrum brand is non-hydrogenated.) Proceed with the directions above, using this chocolate sauce in place of the coconut-based sauce. This version can stay out at room temperature for a longer period of time, but it’s still a good idea to refrigerate since the fruit is perishable.

Click for: Chocolate Covered Cherries Calories and Nutrition Facts

CherriesChocolate CherriesChocolate Cherry: Covered Cherries:

I’d love your feedback!

Do you prefer when I post quick and easy recipes with just a few ingredients? Or do you like the more-complicated recipes, such as the muffins, pies, and cakes? I will continue to publish a balance of easier and more-involved recipes but will take your feedback into account when deciding how many of each to post!

Link of the Day: Chia Pudding Recipe

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. Bre & Ree says:

Cherries are my favorite summer fruit. I can’t get them here in Barbados, but whenever I visit the states, I always buy a huge bag and eat them all day long! I’m visiting my parents in August so this will be a great easy recipe to try out during my stay. Thanks for sharing!

2. Hollie says:

I do like your easy and quick recipes. Some of the more advanced ones I don’t have all the ingredients and items needed to make it.

Chocolate cherries are so good so they are always a win in my book.

3. Kaira says:

I like it when you post recipes that I can make in twenty minutes. They’re not super involved, but a bit more complicated. (And I have no problem with using the food processor or stove.)

4. Katy says:

I love easy recipes and I absolutely love chocolate dipped fruit – especially if that fruit has a nice stem to make the whole process even easier!

5. I love quick and easy recipes, especially if I have all the ingredients on hand. Those are the recipes I tend to make over and over. These look delicious!

6. Dena says:

Hi Katie,
    Did you ever post the winner of the Vitamix? I’m still holding onto hope that I will be the ecstatic owner of a new Vitamix 🙂 Oh the things I would blend

1. Yes, that post is updated. Winner was Shirley.

7. Looks yummy, but how can 1/2 cup of chocolate sauce, or 8 oz of chocolate chips, be enough to coat over a hundred cherries? That would be about half a gram of sauce per cherry.

Generally I prefer the more complicated or involved recipes that you’ve posted.

8. Miranda says:

Mmm, chocolate and fruit!

I like both the involved recipes, and the easy ones. The fancier ones are good for getting my toddler to eat healthier (healthy pop-tarts, pancakes, muffins, etc.) the others are good for when I want something quick and easy :-).

9. Jessica says:

I love both the really involved and the simple recipes! I always love to try new things but I don’t always have time for the really involved recipes. I love the more complicated recipes because I love spending time in the kitchen. Thanks for all of your recipes Katie!

10. Lauren says:

I like the quick and easy and the recipes that can be cooked in short amounts of time. I’m okay with a stove and blender. It’s the really involved recipes that take hours to make and have obscure ingredients that I shy away from. I have two little boys and a full-time job, so I need things that fit into our schedule. Thanks! 🙂

11. Sometimes you just need a little reminder of things that are easy to make up, like these 😀 Thanks for posting, I can imagine they’d be the perfect accompaniment to a cup of coffee or tea, or maybe a glass of red wine 😀 x

12. The easier, the better 🙂 I like sophisticated recipes, too, but easy recipes are so enjoyable during busy days. Just a good little idea to sweeten the day – wonderful!
    I’m addicted to cherries and just purchased a pound, so, here I go!
    Oh, and I love how you care about your readers and what they’re interested in. Thanks, that’s one of the reasons why I particularly appreciate your site 🙂

13. Ana says:

Personally, I think its time for another boatmeal recipe…

14. Gail says:

We especially appreciate the recipes that we would not be able to figure out how to do ourselves! Like your copycat recipes, and raw cakes, ice creams, brownies, and bars… So, for us, the more involved recipes are the ones we use the most. =)

15. Lucia says:

It’s the creativity that draws me to this chocolate covered corner of internetdom day after day. Four ingredients or fourteen — I don’t care as long as the finished concoction is something I wouldn’t find anywhere else.

16. Teresa says:

My favorite recipes have been for cookies, boatmeal, and the amazing cookie dough dip. So, baked goods would be my favorites, but simple can be quite nice sometimes too. My least favorites are actually the copy-cat recipes. How you define same/similar is vastly different than how I do, so I’m often disappointed by the results. For me texture is often more important than flavor, so if the texture isn’t similar to the original I usually don’t like it much. Please keep sharing your wonderfully creative original creations with us.

17. Rachel D. says:

I would like to see more easy recipes. I’ve made tons of your recipes, and they have all tasted awesome, but I do find myself returning to the easiest ones most (and sometimes not re-making certain ones that require too much time or extra ingredients). Love all your hard work!

18. Kathleen Pacheco says:

I love your quick recipes, and I love cherries! But I’m wondering why you couldn’t just dip the cherries into melted dark chocolate! It would be even quicker, and so delicious!
    Love your daily blog!

19. Beth says:

I really enjoy your more involved recipes… It’s really awesome to have your blog to turn to when looking for a healthy breakfast or copycat dessert recipe. Knowing you’ve experimented with all the swaps and often even offer substitutions is what keeps me coming back!

20. Alexis says:

I personally prefer the more complicated recipes, like the muffins, pies, and cakes. I love the bread recipes, too. I personally like having more of the baked-good recipes because the quick ones can seem kind of like repeats, if you get what I mean? Anyway, thanks for ALL the great recipes, Katie! 🙂