The Cookie Dough Protein Shake

low-calorie + 19-20 grams of protein in a single serving. Full recipe here: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2014/08/04/cookie-dough-protein-shake/

Liquid cookie dough.

These are the only words to properly describe the taste and texture of this thick cookie dough protein shake – it’s like drinking cookie dough through a straw.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Shake: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2014/08/04/cookie-dough-protein-shake/

Welcome to… Cookie Dough Week!

Every single recipe posted on the site this week will revolve around chocolate chip cookie dough. Since a few of the recipes might be a little more advanced, I wanted to start the week off with something quick and easy. Readers often request more recipes with protein powder, so it’s been added to the protein shake today. (If you’re not a fan of protein powder, I do also have a recipe for a protein-powder-free Chocolate Chip Cookie Milkshake, published many years ago on the blog.)

My kitchen has been a fun place these past few days; I’ve worked on recipes for everything from cookie dough cupcakes to cookie dough crème brulee to cookie dough candy bars. Hope you are as excited as I am for cookie dough week!!

A low-calorie shake you can make for breakfast or dessert that packs an impressive 19-20 grams of protein into a single serving! Full recipe here: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2014/08/04/cookie-dough-protein-shake/

Cookie Dough Protein Shake

• 1 cup milk of choice (240g)
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/8 tsp baking soda (this is for flavor)
  • just over 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder (I used Vega) (24g)
  • sweetener of choice (such as 1 tbsp sugar or 10 NuNaturals vanilla stevia drops – more if using an unsweetened protein powder)
  • 6 drops maple extract (for flavor – can be omitted)
  • raw oats and chocolate chips for garnish, if desired

Blend all ingredients except garnishes together until smooth. Garnish as desired. Thickness will depend on your brand of protein powder. For a thicker protein shake, I like to freeze the 1 cup of milk ahead of time in an ice cube tray, then use the frozen milk as the milk of choice in the recipe– it adds thickness and a chilled ice-cream-like quality to the protein shake.

—-> Protein Shake Calories and Nutrition Facts <—-

Cookie Dough Mug Cake: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2013/05/13/single-serving-chocolate-chip-cake-in-a-mug/

Link of the Day: Single Serving Cookie Dough Mug Cake – can be made in less than 5 minutes

You know… in case you want some food to go with your protein shake. 😉

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. leah says:

oh my gosh this looks so good i would eat this i would eat this for every meal for the rest of my life

2. ericadhouse says:

Love Vega! That and Vegan Shakeology are my favorite protein powders. Well worth the price.

3. Iman says:

Oh my god I’m making this immediately! Looks like heaven in a cup 🙂

4. Wow, this is great! I’ve always been annoyed that cookie dough ice cream and shakes consist of vanilla with chunks of cookie dough, as opposed to cookie dough flavoured ice cream/shake!

I’m so glad you are sharing this, and that it’s cookie dough week! Theme weeks are the best especially when they’re nutella or cookie dough!

5. Alanna says:

No banana? Hard to imagine this gets very thick with just protein powder and milk, but it sounds yummy!

6. Whoa, cookie dough creme brulee sounds amazing.
    I’m confused about this recipe, though – where is the cookie dough taste? It’s milk, vanilla protein powder, sugar, and salt. That – minus the sugar – sounds like a typical protein shake. Maple flavoring would make it taste like maple syrup, not like cookie dough.

1. Allie says:

Just try it – it works! The baking soda contributes to the flavor, too, and the maple flavor adds the kind of flavor that you’d get from brown sugar! It’s really good.

7. Suzanne says:

Chocolate chip cookie dough week… yayyyyy!!!!! Love the theme weeks!

8. Abby says:

Hi Katie! This looks wonderful! You’ve officially come up with a way to make protein shakes interesting! Yippie! 🙂

This is totally unrelated, but I was wondering if you had any ideas/suggestions for a nutella birthday cake?? I know that nutella week was LAST week, but my sweet 16 is coming up in a few weeks and I LOVE nutella!! I made your other nutella recipes from last week and they were SO GOOD! I am so tempted to try to attempt a nutella cake, but I have no idea where to start.

Love your brilliant recipes! They have kept me alive this past year! Thank you so much! 😀

9. Never made my shake so thick – great idea, also to add the baking powder! My protein powder already is very sweet, so I’ll either omit the sweetener or maybe add a tad of maple syrup (no such flavouring available in Germany as far as I know).
    Thanks for a nice idea for a different after-run shake 🙂
    Cookie dough week sounds like a good plan.

10. Kristi says:

Must. Make.

Thanks for the recipe! Also, I think your “Cookie Dough Week” may be the most magical week ever 🙂

11. Ella says:

Looks wonderful Katie! If anyone knows of a non-chalky vegan protein powder, I’d love to hear about it (Hated vega, sadly). Thanks!

12. Andrea says:

OH MY GOSH THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!! I was seriously hoping for cookie dough week 😀 you just became my favorite person ever

13. I am so excited for this week on your blog! I love cookie dough, so this sounds amazing.

14. Bianca says:

YUM! I’m always looking for new ideas for protein powder shakes since I drink them 3-4 days a week for breakfast. I’m pinning this!

15. belladonna45 says:

I don’t see any chocolate or chocolate chips IN the shake, only for the garnish. What makes it taste like chocolate chip cookie dough?

1. Sara says:

It says it is a “cookie dough protein shake” not “chocolate chip cookie dough protein shake”

16. Oh this looks yummy! I love everything cookie dough… as a matter of fact I just published a post about breakfast cookie dough! This theme week is gonna be AWESOME 😀

17. Sara says:

Thanks! I just bought vega protein powder last week and had no idea what to do with it!

18. I have never drank a protein shake in my life but I think that even I could be convinced, it looks yummy.

19. Kyla @ Two Cups Cacao says:

I feel so lucky that I bought a bag of chocolate chips at the store this week! Definitely excited about this, cookie dough is one of my favorite things. This looks so good. Can’t wait to see what you’ve got in store!!!

20. A healthy shake that includes chocolate chips? I’m down. 🙂